Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: CB&B's San Francisco Journey

Post by devildeac » June 19th, 2009, 7:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:.... The kids wanted to go to Chinatown.....After eating, ...Saw a few places that I was glad we would not have to rely upon for food.
Squid.jpg
It took me a few seconds to figure out what those yellow things were, I've never seen yellow squid :D,
Those are squid? I had no idea. I was just hoping they weren't cat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or lemur :oops: :roll: :((
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 19th, 2009, 7:32 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:.... The kids wanted to go to Chinatown.....After eating, ...Saw a few places that I was glad we would not have to rely upon for food.
Squid.jpg
It took me a few seconds to figure out what those yellow things were, I've never seen yellow squid :D,
Those are squid? I had no idea. I was just hoping they weren't cat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or lemur :oops: :roll: :(([/quote]
Well, I figured that joke had run its course, but it was my first thought... =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 19th, 2009, 9:29 pm

Or lemur :oops: :roll: :(([/quote]
Well, I figured that joke had run its course, but it was my first thought... =)) =)) =)) =))[/quote]

You're treading on thin ice there, Oz. Bless your fool hardy heart! ^#(^
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 21st, 2009, 1:01 am

We did Yosemite yesterday and this morning. I was blown away, for my experiences I would rate Yosemite higher than the Grand Canyon. Both places are awe-inspiring, but Yosemite has much more variety than the Canyon. I've spent a week rafting down the Canyon; I could easily trade that for a week of camping in Yosemite. It is of course much smaller, but what isn't when compared to the GC?
I LOVED our lodgings, even better than I expected. On the way we picked up some firewood, hotdogs and burgers and cooked out. S'mores were dessert. I also picked up Gran Torino, and we watched in on my laptop (great movie). The only drawback was I woke up with a hell of a cold, and still have it. Here is us in the campsite.
--
yosemite7.jpg
--
Also on the way we hit up a great fruit stand, and bought fresh apricots, plums, peaches, white cherries (delicious), kiwis and pluots (plum crossbreed of some sort, very tasty). Down the road we found a metal sculptur working outside, his pieces are amazing. Unfortunately he doesn't ship, and nothing was small enough to carry back with us. His name is Lucio Romero.
--
LucioRomeroTriceratops.jpg
LucioRomeroGarden.jpg
--
We are currently staying in Rohnert Park, which is a gateway community to Napa. Tomorrow we hit Muir Woods and take the Alcatraz tour. Here are a couple more photos from Yosemite.
yosemite2.jpg
Beach on our campground
yosemite4.jpg
Base of Bridalvail falls
yosemite6.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 21st, 2009, 9:04 am

Awesome pictures. Yosemite sounds exciting. I love your accommodations.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 21st, 2009, 9:25 am

CB&B - I can't wait to hit Yosemite sometime! These pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see the paintings they've inspired!

Happy Father's Day to YOU and ALL the other Dad's out there!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 21st, 2009, 9:29 am

I love it! I'll want your recommendations for my long-delayed trip to Yosemite next year.

More pictures!!!

Have fun in Muir Woods today. If you get the chance, from Muir Woods, drive on down to Stinson Beach. There you will find whole sand dollars scattered all over the beach.

Oh, and enjoy Alcatraz, too!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 22nd, 2009, 4:18 am

We didn't go to Muir Woods because parking super sucked. Now that we know what to expect, we are going to park and ride there tomorrow before we leave. We did follow Cathy's advice on Stinson beach since we had the time, and had a blast. In fact, that was the first time I've been to the beach in about a year, and I live at one. We also did find a completely round sand dollar, but it has a hole in the top. It's still coming home with us. I've got lots of photos from there and our Alcatraz tour, which was great fun. But since tonight was the last chance for me to go out one last time in the city while it was dark, I did, and here are my last photos from this evening. I had a lot of fun all night(Alcatraz included) taking black and white pictures as well as color.
Attachments
cablecars4.jpg
cablecars3.jpg
cablecars2.jpg
cablecars1.jpg
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 22nd, 2009, 7:59 am

Loop some thread through the hole in the sand dollar and you'll have a Christmas tree ornament to remind you of your trip to Stinson Beach. I'm so glad you got to go there. I think it's such a beautiful beach, tucked below the hills and redwood trees.

I know you'll enjoy Muir Woods today. In fact, I predict that it will be a spiritual experience for you. I hope you'll have enough time to do some hiking off of the main path.

I love your pictures of the movement of the cable cars at night.

Safe travel back to N.C.!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 23rd, 2009, 12:52 pm

You are probably on your way home now, CB&B. Hope you are a happy tired. This looked like a truly memorable trip for your family. I've enjoyed many of the other sites around SF but, I'm looking forward to some pictures from the Alcatraz adventure as I've only seen it from the Square while sitting and eating chocolate! Did you take some inside? Was it spooky? :-s

Love, Ima
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 23rd, 2009, 10:51 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: I'm looking forward to some pictures from the Alcatraz adventure as I've only seen it from the Square while sitting and eating chocolate! Did you take some inside? Was it spooky?
My wife is a huge ghost hunting fan, and we bought a digital voice recorder to take with us (she has recorded disembodied voices before, very creepy to have been there and know nobody else was there talking) and she is reviewing her recording now. To me, Alcatraz was not creepy, it was beautiful. Not the prison itself, in fact that was interesting but not the best part. The best was all the old buildings around the prison, it was an army fort before. Here are some photos.
--
Alcataz.jpg
Alcataz2.jpg
Alcataz3.jpg
Alcataz7.jpg
Alcataz6.jpg
Alcataz5.jpg
Alcataz8.jpg
Alcataz9.jpg
Alcataz4.jpg
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 23rd, 2009, 11:53 pm

Thanks! Number seven is my fave. (*)
Love, Ima
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 24th, 2009, 1:46 am

CBB, you have a beautiful eye for composition. Do you generally capture this in the picture, or is there some post-processing/trimming on these?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 24th, 2009, 1:52 am

DevilAlumna wrote:CBB, you have a beautiful eye for composition. Do you generally capture this in the picture, or is there some post-processing/trimming on these?
Most of them are straight off the camera, but the panoramic ones are cropped. My camera does have a panorama function, but I've never played around with it. I was loving playing with the B&W also. I'm sure any photo can be turned into black and white once it's taken, but the mindset is different when you know what you are shooting for from the beginning.