Duke Football 2011!!!!!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Duke Football 2011!!!!!!

Post by RSharpe54 » July 31st, 2011, 12:25 am

I am starting this topic this evening to promote Duke Football during the 2011 season which is right around the corner in September! I have been a proud Duke fan my whole life, not just during basketball season like alot of people are but also during football season. On September 17th 1983 Duke played its first home game in the Steve Sloan era against South Carolina and lost 31-24. It was the first game I had the chance to attend, and it was the first season I owned season tickets. Every year since then I have been there supporting the program through the good days of the 1989 season an Atlantic Coast Conference title and a Bowl; all the way to a dark dark 0-11 season in 1996 to another winless season in 2006! I am sure there alot of fans who have been there through thick and thin and that its not fair to pass judgement ever, but folks if you haven't bought your tickets yet please make every effort to do so to support what I think will be a great season of college football in Durham, NC. Duke has 7 home games this season Richmond September 3, Stanford September 10, Tulane September 24, October 15 Florida State, October 22 Wake Forest, October 29 Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech on November 19. Come to the games be supportive of the team but most of all stay the whole game. There are so many great traditions at Duke and alot of gameday exicitement from the Devil Walk to all the people who gather at Mrs. Ruis Wood's tent prior to the games. I personally haven't had the chance to attend, but one day I will hopefully have that opportunity. We have so much to offer on gamedays Saturday's for a couple of hours, so come out take advantge of the great food, fun and witness what I think will be a big turnaround and a great story in college football here very soon. Its time to get football back to the glory days of the Iron Dukes in 1938, the Orange Bowl Team of 1954 lead by Head Coach Bill Murray, Steve Spurrier's 1989 Conference title all the way to Fred Goldsmith's 1994 run to the Hall of Fame Bowl a magical season! We are so close to getting back to those days, buy either a blue or white mini plan for about $100 bucks, or a season ticket for $155 or $225 dollars. Come out and support the program lets get Duke football back on top in the ACC for good! This is my way of trying to get people to come to games on Saturday's and support a football program in transition.

"Robert Sharpe Season Ticket Holder since 1983 and Proud to be a Duke Football Fan"! :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke Football 2011!!!!!!

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2011, 6:44 am

RSharpe54 wrote:I am starting this topic this evening to promote Duke Football during the 2011 season which is right around the corner in September! I have been a proud Duke fan my whole life, not just during basketball season like alot of people are but also during football season. On September 17th 1983 Duke played its first home game in the Steve Sloan era against South Carolina and lost 31-24. It was the first game I had the chance to attend, and it was the first season I owned season tickets. Every year since then I have been there supporting the program through the good days of the 1989 season an Atlantic Coast Conference title and a Bowl; all the way to a dark dark 0-11 season in 1996 to another winless season in 2006! I am sure there alot of fans who have been there through thick and thin and that its not fair to pass judgement ever, but folks if you haven't bought your tickets yet please make every effort to do so to support what I think will be a great season of college football in Durham, NC. Duke has 7 home games this season Richmond September 3, Stanford September 10, Tulane September 24, October 15 Florida State, October 22 Wake Forest, October 29 Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech on November 19. Come to the games be supportive of the team but most of all stay the whole game. There are so many great traditions at Duke and alot of gameday exicitement from the Devil Walk to all the people who gather at Mrs. Ruis Wood's tent prior to the games. I personally haven't had the chance to attend, but one day I will hopefully have that opportunity. We have so much to offer on gamedays Saturday's for a couple of hours, so come out take advantge of the great food, fun and witness what I think will be a big turnaround and a great story in college football here very soon. Its time to get football back to the glory days of the Iron Dukes in 1938, the Orange Bowl Team of 1954 lead by Head Coach Bill Murray, Steve Spurrier's 1989 Conference title all the way to Fred Goldsmith's 1994 run to the Hall of Fame Bowl a magical season! We are so close to getting back to those days, buy either a blue or white mini plan for about $100 bucks, or a season ticket for $155 or $225 dollars. Come out and support the program lets get Duke football back on top in the ACC for good! This is my way of trying to get people to come to games on Saturday's and support a football program in transition.

"Robert Sharpe Season Ticket Holder since 1983 and Proud to be a Duke Football Fan"! :duke:
:text-+1: :text-goodpost: :text-yeahthat:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 31st, 2011, 9:02 am

Hard to disagree with any of that..I'm so ready!!! RS, you will find that most of us here are avid football fans, and on days when there is no home game to show up to we are all crowded around our TV's and/or radios as well as piled into Section 21, our chat room. We yell at the refs almost as loudly online as we do in person. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 31st, 2011, 11:30 am

Robert, you are certainly preaching to the choir here. We've been known to stop in at DinBD's tent for a quick visit, but we're busy up the street in our own tent, what was formerly known as Brunchgate, now renamed True Blue 'Cue Crew. Stop by and say hi on Sept. 3rd. We'll be there mid morning on (for the 7 pm game). :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 31st, 2011, 12:17 pm

RSharpe54 wrote:I am starting this topic this evening to promote Duke Football during the 2011 season which is right around the corner in September! I have been a proud Duke fan my whole life, not just during basketball season like alot of people are but also during football season. On September 17th 1983 Duke played its first home game in the Steve Sloan era against South Carolina and lost 31-24. It was the first game I had the chance to attend, and it was the first season I owned season tickets. Every year since then I have been there supporting the program through the good days of the 1989 season an Atlantic Coast Conference title and a Bowl; all the way to a dark dark 0-11 season in 1996 to another winless season in 2006! I am sure there alot of fans who have been there through thick and thin and that its not fair to pass judgement ever, but folks if you haven't bought your tickets yet please make every effort to do so to support what I think will be a great season of college football in Durham, NC. Duke has 7 home games this season Richmond September 3, Stanford September 10, Tulane September 24, October 15 Florida State, October 22 Wake Forest, October 29 Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech on November 19. Come to the games be supportive of the team but most of all stay the whole game. There are so many great traditions at Duke and alot of gameday exicitement from the Devil Walk to all the people who gather at Mrs. Ruis Wood's tent prior to the games. I personally haven't had the chance to attend, but one day I will hopefully have that opportunity. We have so much to offer on gamedays Saturday's for a couple of hours, so come out take advantge of the great food, fun and witness what I think will be a big turnaround and a great story in college football here very soon. Its time to get football back to the glory days of the Iron Dukes in 1938, the Orange Bowl Team of 1954 lead by Head Coach Bill Murray, Steve Spurrier's 1989 Conference title all the way to Fred Goldsmith's 1994 run to the Hall of Fame Bowl a magical season! We are so close to getting back to those days, buy either a blue or white mini plan for about $100 bucks, or a season ticket for $155 or $225 dollars. Come out and support the program lets get Duke football back on top in the ACC for good! This is my way of trying to get people to come to games on Saturday's and support a football program in transition.

Merci beaucoup for the kind words. Looking forward to the season and seeing you and your son. Thank you also for the book. Lots of great history and memories! ;;)
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 31st, 2011, 12:18 pm

Merci beaucoup for the kind words. Looking forward to the season and seeing you and your son. Thank you also for the book. Lots of great history and memories! ;;) JWR
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 31st, 2011, 1:11 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Robert, you are certainly preaching to the choir here. We've been known to stop in at DinBD's tent for a quick visit, but we're busy up the street in our own tent, what was formerly known as Brunchgate, now renamed True Blue 'Cue Crew. Stop by and say hi on Sept. 3rd. We'll be there mid morning on (for the 7 pm game). :9f:
I will definitely have to do that I have seen your tent, but I have also enjoyed walking past it and smelling all the great food you guys have! :duke:
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 31st, 2011, 1:16 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:

Merci beaucoup for the kind words. Looking forward to the season and seeing you and your son. Thank you also for the book. Lots of great history and memories! ;;) JWR

You are welcome I am trying very hard to get to one of your tailgates Mrs. Wood! I often find myself spending more time speeding down Interstate 85 to get there at least an hour or so before the game starts. You guys are usually finished by the time I get there, but I know where your tent is and I have heard great things about your tailgates from my son its about all he is talking about now with September the 3rd arriving. You guys are bigger fans then I am! :ymhug:
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 31st, 2011, 1:22 pm

I am spreading the word to Duke fans that I know here in the Charlotte-Metro Area! Fan support is vital to the success we will have in 2011! I have already gotten several people....Well, at least I hope I do to buy some tickets this year for football. I sure hope that people spread the word to family members and friends and to everyone they know about the big turnaround taking place in Durham, NC at Duke during football season. We have so much to offer along with I think the best football fans hand down in the ACC!

GO DUKE! 7-5 in 2011 Bowl Bound Start making your reservations in November! :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 31st, 2011, 4:04 pm

RSharpe54 wrote:
You are welcome I am trying very hard to get to one of your tailgates Mrs. Wood! I often find myself spending more time speeding down Interstate 85 to get there at least an hour or so before the game starts. You guys are usually finished by the time I get there, but I know where your tent is and I have heard great things about your tailgates from my son its about all he is talking about now with September the 3rd arriving. You guys are bigger fans then I am! :ymhug:
See, there's your problem. We tailgate AFTER the game too! Why fight the traffic jam around WWS when you can relax for a while with us, then leisurely travel back down I-85 towards Charlotte?

Granted, after the 7 pm games the post game tailgate won't be as long as for the afternoon games, but some of us will still be there for an hour or so.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 31st, 2011, 4:15 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
RSharpe54 wrote:
See, there's your problem. We tailgate AFTER the game too! Why fight the traffic jam around WWS when you can relax for a while with us, then leisurely travel back down I-85 towards Charlotte?

Granted, after the 7 pm games the post game tailgate won't be as long as for the afternoon games, but some of us will still be there for an hour or so.
I fully expect we will finally be driving off the lot some time after midnight. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 31st, 2011, 9:32 pm

RH, we do hope to meet you at brunchgate, as many as you can come too. We all love Duke. :duke:
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » August 1st, 2011, 7:43 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
RSharpe54 wrote:

You know what...you are exactly right OZZIE4Duke! I really didn't think about that I really should stay after too I know the food is just as great after as it is before. I'll bet its fun to stay after and kick back after all the games are over and no one else is around!
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » August 1st, 2011, 7:48 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:RH, we do hope to meet you at brunchgate, as many as you can come too. We all love Duke. :duke:
I will definitely be finding all of you on September the 3rd when we wrap up the Spiders in a Cobb Webb and send them back to Richmond! I love you guys tailgate parties and I personally have never gotten the chance to attend one I am looking foward to it!
Thanks and Go Duke! :duke:
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » August 1st, 2011, 7:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
RSharpe54 wrote:

I fully expect we will finally be driving off the lot some time after midnight. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Wow! Well count me in then, I will bring you a donation I always try to help as much as I can, and if need anything please let me know! Thanks and GO DUKE! :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 1st, 2011, 8:32 pm

RS, watch the board for the game specific tailgate thread the week or two before the game. It'll be stickied to the top of the board! Attendance and menus requests/items will be posted there. You can bring food/beverage as you like, plus make a nominal financial contribution to the tent. We are a group and if you'd like to join as a (full) member for the season, we can talk about it on the 3rd.

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 1st, 2011, 11:39 pm

Wow! I hadn't encountered you yet, rSharpe54! You rock! Thanks for the good wishes over on the thread for my daughter.
I look forward to meeting you at at the first "True Blue 'Cue Crew" tailgate!

(Methinks he deserves an "I showed up before it was cool!" button, huh guys?!) :9f:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2011, 11:49 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:(Methinks he deserves an "I showed up before it was cool!" button, huh guys?!) :9f:
Love, Ima
Most definitely! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 2nd, 2011, 8:28 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:(Methinks he deserves an "I showed up before it was cool!" button, huh guys?!) :9f:
Love, Ima
Most definitely! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Absolutely :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » August 3rd, 2011, 7:13 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Wow! I hadn't encountered you yet, rSharpe54! You rock! Thanks for the good wishes over on the thread for my daughter.
I look forward to meeting you at at the first "True Blue 'Cue Crew" tailgate!

(Methinks he deserves an "I showed up before it was cool!" button, huh guys?!) :9f:
Love, Ima
You are very welcome I will be there and I am looking foward to it 28 years and counting! :happy-bouncyblue: