DukeRah update

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: DukeRah update

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 31st, 2011, 7:47 pm

Vibes and prayers coming from Efland. I do hope the meds work for DukeRah and work quickly. :ymhug: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2011, 11:01 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Spent an exhausting night in the ER at Memorial. Diagnosis? Blood cultures came back positive for infection....... again. We haven't been told which bacteria the culprit is this time, but she's on meds and will come home when tests come back clean.

The good news is that CT shows the recent surgery to be in great shape and not compromised. We'll take that at this point and move on.
Love, Ima
At least some good news, Ima. Continued vibes and prayers! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 31st, 2011, 11:35 pm

continued vibes and prayers and hugs from Kansas.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 1st, 2011, 8:14 am

More prayers and hugs. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » August 1st, 2011, 7:51 pm

Absolutely...Thanks for all the updates!!!! :ymhug:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 2nd, 2011, 5:38 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Infection be gone vibes...hope the meds kick it to the curb. If not, we'll shin kick it there ourselves.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 3rd, 2011, 9:49 am

Vibes from Charlotte Ima. Kelly and I are thinking of you and the family.
:ymhug:
sMiles
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 3rd, 2011, 2:17 pm

Not wanting to grab more than our share of vibes, I've been sort of quiet lately. So many of us have had tough times befall us lately, haven't we?!

So, as we continue to meditate and vibe for the rest of you and since some of you are asking (bless your hearts) I'll bring you quickly up to date:

I took Sarah to the Memorial ER last Friday evening with pain, chills and fever. She was promptly admitted. It was sepsis. Rough for a while. Rumor has it today she may be sent home this evening with PICC line for continued antibiotics. The recent surgery doesn't appear to be compromised. That's very good news. No doubt that all those CTN vibes have been standing guard!

Stay cool everybody. Fall is on the way, bringing cooler temps and renewed energy to all of us. I can hardly wait!

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 3rd, 2011, 3:56 pm

Prayers continue for DukeRah from Kansas. I know those nasty microbes can and will be kicked out. (I'm sending some additional shin-kicks their way.) I know it is frustrating to be fighting this seemingly unending battle but DukeRah will come out of it victorious. I look forward to the day we get to celebrate that with you.

This past Sunday, we had the shareholder's dinner for our Youth Mission Trip. It was a great joy to see our friend Jeannie there with her new knee and no infection. Prayers and good medicine worked for her multi-year battle with infection so I know that they will work in DukeRah's battle. I look forward to a chance to come to NC and meet a healthy, microbe free DukeRah.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 3rd, 2011, 6:47 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Not wanting to grab more than our share of vibes, I've been sort of quiet lately. So many of us have had tough times befall us lately, haven't we?!

So, as we continue to meditate and vibe for the rest of you and since some of you are asking (bless your hearts) I'll bring you quickly up to date:

I took Sarah to the Memorial ER last Friday evening with pain, chills and fever. She was promptly admitted. It was sepsis. Rough for a while. Rumor has it today she may be sent home this evening with PICC line for continued antibiotics. The recent surgery doesn't appear to be compromised. That's very good news. No doubt that all those CTN vibes have been standing guard!

Stay cool everybody. Fall is on the way, bringing cooler temps and renewed energy to all of us. I can hardly wait!

Love, Ima
So sorry to hear that DukeRah has been in the hospital. I'm sending the strongest anti-microbial vibes and shin kicks in my arsenal! :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » August 4th, 2011, 6:03 am

Ima, we've got enough vibes to go around for all who need them. I'm sending continued good thoughts your way and hope Duke Rah makes a fast recovery.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 4th, 2011, 3:26 pm

More vibes (Atlantic Ocean-sized ones from my balcony seat) to Duke Rah. May the infection clear and she go home soon.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 4th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Sarah is home. Nausea, PICC line and all. Upward and onward.
Love, Ima
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 4th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Yeah for being home. Nothing better than a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed with no one checking on you every 5 minutes - or so it seems. Renewed vibes and prayers heading to NC from Kansas.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 5th, 2011, 8:30 am

Renewed vibes and prayers for healing and microbial eradication!

(((HUGS)))

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 5th, 2011, 9:31 pm

:ymhug: To Sarah and you. Sending vibes that all he health problems just go away. She has had enough. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote::ymhug: To Sarah and you. Sending vibes that all he health problems just go away. She has had enough. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
What VDB said. :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 6th, 2011, 12:43 am

More coastal vibes..... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 6th, 2011, 11:28 am

More PNW and fellow namesake vibes!! The Blue Angels are in town this weekend, too, so maybe the vibes will be extra speedy & noisy in reaching y'all.

:happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 6th, 2011, 7:49 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:More PNW and fellow namesake vibes!! The Blue Angels are in town this weekend, too, so maybe the vibes will be extra speedy & noisy in reaching y'all.

:happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue:
Hugs back your way to little Sarah. Kiss her neck for me. That's the most delicious spot I always say! Thanks for the vibes.
Love, Ima :romance-heartsfade: