Butch Davis was fired!!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

The Football Fan
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Butch Davis was fired!!!

Post by The Football Fan » July 27th, 2011, 9:55 pm

I know this is a duke thread, but at this point....I'm shocked. If they were going to do this, I thought they would've done it at the end of last season. Why now? wow :-o

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ball-coach

Awright fella's...what's it mean for the devils? Any chance a recruit considers Duke now that wasn't before?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Butch Davis was fired!!!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 27th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Normally, I'd merge the threads..but it's a hot topic and as such it's right where it needs to be.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3756&view=unread#unread

:))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » July 28th, 2011, 12:05 am

The Football Fan wrote:Any chance a recruit considers Duke now that wasn't before?
Well I'm not sure about recruits who were not previously considering Duke; however, Jela Duncan is scheduled to visit UNC on Friday so hopefully this sitution illustrates the uncertainty surrounding the future of Carolina football. Duncan is Duke's #1 running back target. He says Duke is the leader, but UNC, SC and Clemson are schools from which he is hoping to receive a scholarship offer. We need Duncan in Durham!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 28th, 2011, 1:54 pm

And the Athletic Director, Dick Baddour, resigned during the 11am conference with Chancellor Thorp. Or stepping down, when the new Unc AD is hired. After 44 years at UNC, he has well served his alma mater.

The firing of Butch Davis was not a shock, just thought it would happen the end of last season. The AD announcing his stepping down, not a surprise.
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 28th, 2011, 8:20 pm

=))
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 28th, 2011, 8:21 pm

I am sorry I just couldn't help myself!

"Remeber you can't spell underachieving without UNC"! :duke:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 31st, 2011, 5:57 pm

"I've got an acute sense of the true nature of the tension," Thorp said Thursday. "Nearly every public university, including many, many great public universities, are wrestling with the issues that we're talking about." -- Holden Thorp

The operative word here being "Nearly". When the OP served on the athletic council I asked him once, " Do we have everything in perspective?" He answered "We squeak!"

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 31st, 2011, 10:24 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:"I've got an acute sense of the true nature of the tension," Thorp said Thursday. "Nearly every public university, including many, many great public universities, are wrestling with the issues that we're talking about." -- Holden Thorp

The operative word here being "Nearly". When the OP served on the athletic council I asked him once, " Do we have everything in perspective?" He answered "We squeak!"

Love, Ima
Squeak...............is a good thing. :duke: