Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Wallace Wade renovations

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 19th, 2011, 1:11 pm

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/19/ ... nsion.html

Will it ever happen?
Speaking in front of a Raleigh Sports Council meeting held at Duke's Yoh Football Center office complex, White said the school has consulted with a group headed by former Duke trustee Roy Bostock about a project that could "totally rework, revitalize and re-create Wallace Wade."

White provided few details, though, about a project whose workings have remained extraordinarily secretive. After his speech, he said Duke hasn't openly talked about the project and has not made a decision on it.
I'm sure it will one day, but how many years has there been talk? At least we have nicer bathrooms.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: Wallace Wade renovations

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 19th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Bathrooms are very very important to all us GALS!!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 19th, 2011, 6:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/19/ ... nsion.html

Will it ever happen?
Speaking in front of a Raleigh Sports Council meeting held at Duke's Yoh Football Center office complex, White said the school has consulted with a group headed by former Duke trustee Roy Bostock about a project that could "totally rework, revitalize and re-create Wallace Wade."

White provided few details, though, about a project whose workings have remained extraordinarily secretive. After his speech, he said Duke hasn't openly talked about the project and has not made a decision on it.
I'm sure it will one day, but how many years has there been talk? At least we have nicer bathrooms.
Yes, those trees adjacent to the tents make great, ahh, never mind... :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 20th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Will it ever happen?

I do agree that we have nicer restrooms now, although I do somewhat miss the porta johns inside Wallace Wade Stadium......oh the memories! I hope to see the renovation project get done in the next few years because like a lot of people I agree that we need the facility upgrade badly. My question is what do you do to rework the stadium? Its so old and needs work but how exactly would something like this get done? I have been a season ticket holder since 1983 and would love too see this happen! GO DUKE 7-5 in 2011 Bowl Bound Blue Devils! :happy-bouncyblue:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 20th, 2011, 7:26 pm

RSharpe54 wrote:

Will it ever happen?

I do agree that we have nicer restrooms now, although I do somewhat miss the porta johns inside Wallace Wade Stadium......oh the memories! I hope to see the renovation project get done in the next few years because like a lot of people I agree that we need the facility upgrade badly. My question is what do you do to rework the stadium? Its so old and needs work but how exactly would something like this get done? I have been a season ticket holder since 1983 and would love too see this happen! GO DUKE 7-5 in 2011 Bowl Bound Blue Devils! :happy-bouncyblue:
Welcome to CTN, make sure to swing by our tent on Devil's Alley! :duke: As far as reworking it, the common consensus seems to be drop the field and lose the track for big scale improvements.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 20th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Thanks very much Cameron Born and Bred! I have actually been past your tailgate party several times the food smells great, you guys know how to have a tailgate party! I will have to stop by some time if I have the chance you guys are true Duke Football fans and I can't wait to get going in 2011 and actually compete for a bowl game. I really think this is the year! :happy-bouncyblue: