My Life in a Nutshell

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: My Life in a Nutshell

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2011, 7:03 pm

wilson wrote:I got an email this afternoon from someone asking what my availability is for an interview this week!!!
It's SO nice to have at least one person finally acknowledge that I really have something to contribute to the world. I'm really excited, and I know I'll nail my interview. Updates to follow, of course.
I had a great day.
That's fabulous news, wilson! Huge job interview vibes coming your way. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 17th, 2011, 8:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:I got an email this afternoon from someone asking what my availability is for an interview this week!!!
It's SO nice to have at least one person finally acknowledge that I really have something to contribute to the world. I'm really excited, and I know I'll nail my interview. Updates to follow, of course.
I had a great day.
That's fabulous news, wilson! Huge job interview vibes coming your way. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
You are going to be an amazing teacher! I wish I lived closer because I would love to sit in on your lectures. I adore history. GO WILSON!!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement! The big moment is Tuesday at 1:00. Y'all know what to do...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 17th, 2011, 9:38 pm

wilson wrote:Thanks for all the encouragement! The big moment is Tuesday at 1:00. Y'all know what to do...
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 18th, 2011, 6:05 am

wilson wrote:Thanks for all the encouragement! The big moment is Tuesday at 1:00. Y'all know what to do...
Next Tuesday (i.e., the 24th)? :-B :wizard:
Earlier you had said it might be this week. Please clarify.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2011, 10:58 am

Lavabe wrote:
Next Tuesday (i.e., the 24th)? :-B :wizard:
Earlier you had said it might be this week. Please clarify.
Yes, next Tuesday, May 24, at 1:00.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 18th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Good luck with the interview. I know you don't really need the luck - you will be well prepared for the interview.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 18th, 2011, 9:04 pm

:wizard: :AR! :wizard: :AR!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 24th, 2011, 5:06 pm

My interview lasted nearly three hours. I don't wanna put the cart before the horse, but that would seem to be a good sign.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 24th, 2011, 5:15 pm

wilson wrote:My interview lasted nearly three hours. I don't wanna put the cart before the horse, but that would seem to be a good sign.
Wow..yeah. Is it common for an interview to go that long? I've never had one last more than 45 minutes.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 24th, 2011, 5:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:My interview lasted nearly three hours. I don't wanna put the cart before the horse, but that would seem to be a good sign.
Wow..yeah. Is it common for an interview to go that long? I've never had one last more than 45 minutes.
:D :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :D
That sounds promising. Did they give you a timetable for any decision?
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 24th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Wilson, this is great news!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 24th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
:D :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :D
That sounds promising. Did they give you a timetable for any decision?
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I've never had an interview go that long, either. Of course, I've now had 50% of my legitimate interviews go that long, so... ;) :-??
As for a timetable, they didn't tell me anything specific, but I'm expecting to hear something further from them pretty soon. A couple of the people I talked to dropped inadvertent contextual clues that they expect me to get the offer. I'll obviously keep y'all posted.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 24th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Wow, wilson; this is great! I'm sending vibes that you will hear something positive very soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

What are the deets on the potential job?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 24th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Go, Wilson! Continued :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: and :pray: :pray: :pray: for you in this! :duke: :duke: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 24th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Sounds like this could be the one. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 25th, 2011, 8:33 am

I've been told by the principal "not to go signing with anyone else without talking to him first," and that he'll be in touch with me again soon.
One of the things I like about this potential job is that there's a lot of year-to-year fluidity with regard to who teaches exactly what, so I'd be able to gain a lot of experience in teaching various courses, and things wouldn't get stale. There's a strong sense of community and of faculty collaboration in this too.
Fingers still crossed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 25th, 2011, 9:02 am

wilson wrote:I've been told by the principal "not to go signing with anyone else without talking to him first," and that he'll be in touch with me again soon.
One of the things I like about this potential job is that there's a lot of year-to-year fluidity with regard to who teaches exactly what, so I'd be able to gain a lot of experience in teaching various courses, and things wouldn't get stale. There's a strong sense of community and of faculty collaboration in this too.
Fingers still crossed.
Well that's certainly encouraging! :happy-bouncyblue: Now if you actually get another good offer that you wanted to accept, you could parley that into a better, faster offer from them, sort of like a sports free agent playing one team against another. Of course, you can't do that until you get that first legitimate offer, since you don't want the second guy to just say "congratulations" and just walk away, without giving you an offer.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » May 25th, 2011, 9:45 am

That is a great sign! Wait, was the person interviewing you a woman? She may have other motives. Who knows, maybe you'll get two types of "jobs" out of it! ;) :happy-bouncyblue:

Seriously, a VERY good sign indeed. Keep us posted!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((JOB for WILSON)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 25th, 2011, 10:26 am

Vibing away, Wilson. But, something tells me you don't need it. This sounds terrific!

Now then, we need a new job for ArkieDukie! As soon as this on'es in the bag, we need to relay any unused vibes her direction!

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe