End of the World - Saturday, May 21st

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

End of the World - Saturday, May 21st

Post by EarlJam » May 19th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Okay, by now, everyone knows about this. My thought: What does almighty God do in the days leading up to the big judgement day? I mean, it's been a long time coming. What will said diety do after May 21st? New world? Be bored to tears?

Not knocking God here, rather, the moon bats that are proclaiming the end of the world.

Now, here's another thought: What if said "moon bats" really do have something up their own personal sleeves? I hope not. Just a thought.

In any case, be sure to party like it's May 20, 2011.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: End of the World - Saturday, May 21st

Post by lawgrad91 » May 19th, 2011, 4:59 pm

You know, we here in the varnish zone always said that hell would freeze over before the county opened its creaky wallet, letting out the bats trapped therein, and fork over more money to the impoverished working class.

So wouldn't you know we would get this yesterday morning....

Employees,

Benny Summerlin, County Administrator/General Manager, asked me to let you know that the County Board of Supervisors and the PSA Board of Directors approved a one-time 3% stipend to full-time employees. Part-time employees who have worked for at least 60 hours per month for the last six months will receive a flat $300 stipend. Employees will receive this stipend through direct deposit on Friday, May 20th. New employees in their six-month initial orientation period will not receive their stipend until they have successfully completed this initial orientation. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and while the County/PSA simply could not afford to give an employee pay raise, we wanted to recognize your hard work and dedication to the County/PSA.

Thank you for your commitment to a job well done!

A bonus, and no time to spend it. I think the county planned it this way, and has some plan to suck the money back out of our accounts on Monday. :-o

Seriously, as a Christian, I am really irritated by this. Once again a small, vocal superminority of Christians will make us all look like ignorant nincompoops.
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » May 19th, 2011, 5:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:You know, we here in the varnish zone always said that hell would freeze over before the county opened its creaky wallet, letting out the bats trapped therein, and fork over more money to the impoverished working class.

So wouldn't you know we would get this yesterday morning....

Employees,

Benny Summerlin, County Administrator/General Manager, asked me to let you know that the County Board of Supervisors and the PSA Board of Directors approved a one-time 3% stipend to full-time employees. Part-time employees who have worked for at least 60 hours per month for the last six months will receive a flat $300 stipend. Employees will receive this stipend through direct deposit on Friday, May 20th. New employees in their six-month initial orientation period will not receive their stipend until they have successfully completed this initial orientation. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and while the County/PSA simply could not afford to give an employee pay raise, we wanted to recognize your hard work and dedication to the County/PSA.

Thank you for your commitment to a job well done!

A bonus, and no time to spend it. I think the county planned it this way, and has some plan to suck the money back out of our accounts on Monday. :-o

Seriously, as a Christian, I am really irritated by this. Once again a small, vocal superminority of Christians will make us all look like ignorant nincompoops.
Agreed on all fronts. A buddy of mine said he was going to call the nincompoops (familyradio.org??) and offer a check for $100,000 as a donation. He said he would have to post-date it May 23rd and wanted to see if they'd still take the check. My hunch is, um, yes.

-EarlJam
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 20th, 2011, 1:57 am

If the world ends on Saturday the 21st, I am going to be seriously fucking pissed off as that is my birthday!

X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 20th, 2011, 8:16 am

colchar wrote:If the world ends on Saturday the 21st, I am going to be seriously fucking pissed off as that is my birthday!

X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Eat your cake for breakfast.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 20th, 2011, 8:30 am

colchar wrote:If the world ends on Saturday the 21st, I am going to be seriously fucking pissed off as that is my birthday!

X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Well, it looks as though I won't have a chance to go east this trip to see you, colchar, but at least:
1) If the world ends Saturday, at least I'll be here in Canada.
2) It had better take place AFTER Don Cherry's final comments after the game.
:D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 20th, 2011, 8:53 am

X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Happy Birthday tomorrow (I'll revisit this tomorrow).

See my comment in the Official Good Morning thread. :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » May 20th, 2011, 11:58 am

If "King Jesus" was a rock band, this would be a pretty cool T-Shirt...
Free Radio.jpg
"King Jesus" returns to Madison Square Garden, with special guests, "AC/DC!"
-Jam 3:16
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 20th, 2011, 12:27 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
Eat your cake for breakfast.
That is CLASSIC!!!

I will be at a Wedding and by 6pm, the Wedding Reception! So, good food and beverage and music. I will certainly, post something in the PM of Saturday night or Sunday am.

WHERE do these people come up with these dates? I heard on TV, by a math equation. But the first prediction was 1994. Thats been a few years, ago. And then to predict that only 2% will be in the immediate rapture. What about the remaining 98%? And the final day on Earth, will be 5 months later, Oct 21! Where do these percentages come from? And the final day of Earth and civilization as we know it?

Eat cake, eat ice cream, and party like its May 21 2011!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 20th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Lavabe wrote: Well, it looks as though I won't have a chance to go east this trip to see you, colchar, but at least:
1) If the world ends Saturday, at least I'll be here in Canada.
So you're already in heaven then! Granted you're in London Ontario and at Western but at least you're in Canada.

If I didn't have an exam Tuesday I'd jump in the car and pop over there to at least have a drink with you.
2) It had better take place AFTER Don Cherry's final comments after the game.

Nope, supposed to happen at 6pm which is before the game.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm

colchar wrote:Nope, supposed to happen at 6pm which is before the game.
I thought it was an afternoon game.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 20th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Nope, supposed to happen at 6pm which is before the game.
I thought it was an afternoon game.

It is, I was thinking of tonight's Vancouver game when I posted that.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 20th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Judgment Day is supposed to be a rolling event, beginning at 6pm in each time zone. One must wonder why those on the other side of the International Date Line are hated by God, and Hawaii is blessed.

Colchar, I hope you're celebrating your birthday tonight since you won't get to tomorrow night. To quote EJ: Party like it's May 20, 2011!
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 21st, 2011, 3:07 am

— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 21st, 2011, 6:30 am

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 21st, 2011, 2:06 pm

— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » May 21st, 2011, 7:48 pm

Still waiting..... :-w :-w :face desk: Oh well, maybe next time. :D AW.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 21st, 2011, 8:21 pm

Danmit! :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: Since neither this :sci-fi-beamup: nor this :hits the fan: happened I guess that means I will have to :chores-mowlawn: tomorrow. Oh well, I'll deal with that then. In the meantime I'm gonna grab my nice new :music-guitarred: and :character-beavisbutthead: for a little while.

Here's to the fucker who made me think I would be able to avoid cutting that grass :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-birdiered:
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 21st, 2011, 10:11 pm

Today was a beautiful day. Very peaceful, the weather was terrific. We ate dinner on the deck.....well past 6:00 PM. :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 21st, 2011, 10:16 pm

We went to Blowing Rock today. We tried to time dinner so we could eat a nice meal and the rapture would occur before we would have to pay for it, but that didn't happen.

Lovely day in the mountains. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.