RIP Macho Man

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

RIP Macho Man

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » May 20th, 2011, 3:13 pm

peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: RIP Macho Man

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 20th, 2011, 3:21 pm

They think he had a heart attack while driving. His wife was in the passenger seat.
Snap into a Slim Jim. RIP.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 21st, 2011, 5:35 am

Man, he was one of my faves. I do a mean impression of him, without the muscles though. Yea, I'm shaped like a god... Buddha. I skipped the six pack abs and went straight to the keg. Yea!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 21st, 2011, 7:57 am

bjornolf wrote:Man, he was one of my faves. I do a mean impression of him, without the muscles though. Yea, I'm shaped like a god... Buddha. I skipped the six pack abs and went straight to the keg. Yea!

@};-
Bjornolf, are you still doing the P90X? If so, how is that going?

RIP to the Macho Man. My BFF's elderly grandmother and I used to watch wrestling on Saturday nights, much to the amusement of my Dad.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 21st, 2011, 8:25 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:They think he had a heart attack while driving. His wife was in the passenger seat.
Slim Jim dude died? :(
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 22nd, 2011, 8:20 am

For the first 5 years Mr. Windsor and I were married we lived down the street from Randy Poffo aka Macho Man. In the real world he was nothing like his persona in the ring. A quiet man, friendly and modest. Always had time for kids. He was a huge supporter of local athletics and was a fixture at high school games, especially baseball. He donated generously to youth organizations (under his 'real' name). Unlike Hulk Hogan (who also live(d) near me), you wouldn't recognize him in public easily. His voice was usually the give away. Randy will be missed around here not as a wrestler but as a good and generous man who was always ready to give back to the youth of the community.

RIP Randy Poffo.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 22nd, 2011, 9:19 am

Lavabe wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:They think he had a heart attack while driving. His wife was in the passenger seat.
Slim Jim dude died? :(
A note of coincidence. On the day that Macho Man died, Slim Jim announced that the NC plant where 3 people died in an explosion 2 years ago is closing.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 26th, 2011, 3:11 pm

windsor wrote:For the first 5 years Mr. Windsor and I were married we lived down the street from Randy Poffo aka Macho Man. In the real world he was nothing like his persona in the ring. A quiet man, friendly and modest. Always had time for kids. He was a huge supporter of local athletics and was a fixture at high school games, especially baseball. He donated generously to youth organizations (under his 'real' name). Unlike Hulk Hogan (who also live(d) near me), you wouldn't recognize him in public easily. His voice was usually the give away. Randy will be missed around here not as a wrestler but as a good and generous man who was always ready to give back to the youth of the community.

RIP Randy Poffo.
Thanks for sharing your personal story. I was shocked when I heard he passed on Sports radio.