LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 17th, 2011, 12:07 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We could have driving home as fast as we're getting there. Our plane was late leaving Panama City, missed our 4:20 flight in Atlanta, couldn't get on the next flight. We're supposed to fly out at 8:45 pm. Lets hope. :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes that you were able to fly out, VDB, and that you make it safely home. :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks LG, we got home about 11:30 tonight. Had we made out scheduled flight, we would have been home around 7:30 PM. I'm just glad to be home. :)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 17th, 2011, 9:14 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We could have driving home as fast as we're getting there. Our plane was late leaving Panama City, missed our 4:20 flight in Atlanta, couldn't get on the next flight. We're supposed to fly out at 8:45 pm. Lets hope. :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes that you were able to fly out, VDB, and that you make it safely home. :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks LG, we got home about 11:30 tonight. Had we made out scheduled flight, we would have been home around 7:30 PM. I'm just glad to be home. :)
Welcome home! :ymapplause: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2011, 9:26 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Hopefully it'll return safely and you'll be able to visit it in whichever museum it gets placed in (they've been announced recently), or in Earljam's backyard, wherever it actually ends up. It did look like it lost a few ceramic tiles from its belly during lift off, hopefully none too critical.
The Endeavor is going to be housed at the California Space Center in Los Angeles.

I'll check on those tiles tonight. ;)

:9f:
My source tells me that the appearance of lost tiles on the belly of Endeavor was actually ice that accumulated on the tiles during liftoff.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2011, 9:43 am

CathyCA wrote:My source tells me that the appearance of lost tiles on the belly of Endeavor was actually ice that accumulated on the tiles during liftoff.
You have a source?
:twitch: ^:)^
Are we allowed to have sources on CTN? ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2011, 9:57 am

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My source tells me that the appearance of lost tiles on the belly of Endeavor was actually ice that accumulated on the tiles during liftoff.
You have a source?
:twitch: ^:)^
Are we allowed to have sources on CTN? ;)
Yes. It's good to have sources.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2011, 10:21 am

Karma can be such a bit__. Consider this email exchange:

Me (last Thursday) to opposing counsel: I’d also like to reserve the right to amend our list of Exhibits up to and including the time of the Arbitration. I realize that it makes things more difficult for the Arbitrator, but as I continue to prepare, I’m sure that I‘ll think of more things that I would like to include.

Opposing Counsel (last Thursday): I cannot agree to a blank check on additional exhibits and reserve the right to object to untimely disclosed exhibits.

Opposing Counsel (this morning): Hi Cathy, We realized we inadvertently left out the 2009 Support Agreement between our clients so have added it as Exhibit 22, a copy of which is attached along with our Amended Exhibit List. Would Wednesday morning work for you to discuss the joint exhibits? If so, let me know a time. Thanks much.

Me (this morning) to opposing counsel: I suppose you know now why I wanted to reserve the right to amend our list of Exhibits up to and including the time of the Arbitration.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2011, 10:29 am

CathyCA wrote:Me (this morning) to opposing counsel: I suppose you know now why I wanted to reserve the right to amend our list of Exhibits up to and including the time of the Arbitration.
Haha...did you sign off with a "FU very much" ? :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2011, 10:39 am

CathyCA wrote:Karma can be such a bit__. Consider this email exchange:

Me (last Thursday) to opposing counsel: I’d also like to reserve the right to amend our list of Exhibits up to and including the time of the Arbitration. I realize that it makes things more difficult for the Arbitrator, but as I continue to prepare, I’m sure that I‘ll think of more things that I would like to include.

Opposing Counsel (last Thursday): I cannot agree to a blank check on additional exhibits and reserve the right to object to untimely disclosed exhibits.

Opposing Counsel (this morning): Hi Cathy, We realized we inadvertently left out the 2009 Support Agreement between our clients so have added it as Exhibit 22, a copy of which is attached along with our Amended Exhibit List. Would Wednesday morning work for you to discuss the joint exhibits? If so, let me know a time. Thanks much.

Me (this morning) to opposing counsel: I suppose you know now why I wanted to reserve the right to amend our list of Exhibits up to and including the time of the Arbitration.

So does that mean you'll now get to add some things in for your client, or are you gonna just tell them to kiss your ass on this thing they forgot?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2011, 10:40 am

The Braves have a 1:00 game today, and I'm headed down in a little while to get a $1 seat. I'm also strongly hoping for an EarlJam sighting...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2011, 10:46 am

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Karma can be such a bit__. Consider this email exchange:

So does that mean you'll now get to add some things in for your client, or are you gonna just tell them to kiss your ass on this thing they forgot?
Actually, it's one of the exhibits that I didn't include either, but I'm going to let him submit it. It's an arbitration and the rules are more relaxed than a trial, and we should be cooperating, not engaging in needless posturing. I may end up using this document as well. :ymdevil:

I just love it when something like this happens, however. :ymdevil:

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 18th, 2011, 6:15 am

wilson wrote:The Braves have a 1:00 game today, and I'm headed down in a little while to get a $1 seat. I'm also strongly hoping for an EarlJam sighting...
Well... so was there an EJam sighting? :-w :-w :-w
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2011, 10:59 am

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:The Braves have a 1:00 game today, and I'm headed down in a little while to get a $1 seat. I'm also strongly hoping for an EarlJam sighting...
Yes, I enjoyed the game from beautiful left field with the one and only EarlJam. Fun was had by all.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 18th, 2011, 1:09 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Yes, I enjoyed the game from beautiful left field with the one and only EarlJam. Fun was had by all.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » May 18th, 2011, 2:29 pm

So, what non-TBS station now airs Braves games? I'm in search of background daytime TV these days, and don't mind cheering on Atlanta in the meantime, but I'm thinking maybe I don't get the channel... :(
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 19th, 2011, 9:42 am

DevilAlumna wrote:So, what non-TBS station now airs Braves games? I'm in search of background daytime TV these days, and don't mind cheering on Atlanta in the meantime, but I'm thinking maybe I don't get the channel... :(
We really have very few daytime games anyway, but you will very rarely get our telecasts in Washington state, now that TBS no longer broadcasts Braves games.
But at least you can watch 'Everybody Loves Raymond' eight fucking times in a row. X(
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 19th, 2011, 11:14 am

wilson wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:So, what non-TBS station now airs Braves games? I'm in search of background daytime TV these days, and don't mind cheering on Atlanta in the meantime, but I'm thinking maybe I don't get the channel... :(
We really have very few daytime games anyway, but you will very rarely get our telecasts in Washington state, now that TBS no longer broadcasts Braves games.
But at least you can watch 'Everybody Loves Raymond' eight fucking times in a row. X(
MLB.com has your solutions for computer and smart phone viewing:
http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/in ... MEDIAGUIDE
but they are not free. I have subscribed to the game day audio for three years and listen to the Yankee radio broadcasts for almost every game on my computer. I prefer John Sterling to the TV guys and it's only $19.99 for the entire year, right through the World Series for every broadcast of every team, home and away broadcast. TV rates are listed on the link above.

Here is today's (Thursday 5/19) full schedule of games for TV and radio
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mediacenter/
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 19th, 2011, 1:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:MLB.com has your solutions for computer and smart phone viewing:
http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/in ... MEDIAGUIDE
but they are not free. I have subscribed to the game day audio for three years and listen to the Yankee radio broadcasts for almost every game on my computer. I prefer John Sterling to the TV guys and it's only $19.99 for the entire year, right through the World Series for every broadcast of every team, home and away broadcast. TV rates are listed on the link above.

Here is today's (Thursday 5/19) full schedule of games for TV and radio
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mediacenter/
Yeah, I knew about all this, but this is one way in which the digital age actually hasn't made my life better. The above interweb stuff lets me watch Braves games from anywhere just like I did when they were on TBS, except now I get to pay for it.
A far cry from the time I sat in a hotel in Honduras and watched the Braves on a regular old TV.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 19th, 2011, 2:10 pm

wilson wrote:
Well, your 7PM games are 5PM out here, so that would save me from a) Judge Judy; b) Entertainment tonight; c) aforementioned "Everyone Loves Raymond"; and d) bad local news -- Braves BBall is preferable to all of the above.

And Ozzie, not gonna pay for background noise/entertainment beyond what we're already paying for our Comcastic cable... plus I'm not sure but I may rather watch Judge Judy instead of the Yankees.... ;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 19th, 2011, 3:52 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
wilson wrote:
Well, your 7PM games are 5PM out here, so that would save me from a) Judge Judy; b) Entertainment tonight; c) aforementioned "Everyone Loves Raymond"; and d) bad local news -- Braves BBall is preferable to all of the above.

And Ozzie, not gonna pay for background noise/entertainment beyond what we're already paying for our Comcastic cable... plus I'm not sure but I may rather watch Judge Judy instead of the Yankees.... ;)
You pick your poison, I'll pick mine! :D

How's the little tyke doing? How's momma holding up? Getting any sleep? I won't ask about dad - he's not that important at this point =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 19th, 2011, 8:19 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:You pick your poison, I'll pick mine! :D

How's the little tyke doing? How's momma holding up? Getting any sleep? I won't ask about dad - he's not that important at this point =))
Thanks for asking, Ozzie! :) Future DA is doing great -- she's packing on the ounces, getting some chubby cheeks. And, tho I know I'll jinx it, I have managed to get some sleep - about 7 hours (interrupted) each night, and if I'm lucky, a nap in the late afternoon. Mr. DA's been necessary and useful too - he takes the first night shift for all but the feeding portion. The little family is managing, somehow! :happy-bouncyblue: