My Life in a Nutshell

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: My Life in a Nutshell

Post by wilson » April 1st, 2011, 1:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:Any update? :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Nothing yet, really. Hiring is gearing up now. Hopeful for good news in the next few weeks, and trying my best to stave off frustration, discouragement, and ennui.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 1st, 2011, 2:14 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

More Vibes! That things heat up ASAP :flame: Keeping my :cross fingers:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 1st, 2011, 5:22 pm

After all the excitement since you became a moderator, Wilson, you might prefer a little ennui just for variety.
:wizard: :wizard: for your job search nonetheless!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 1st, 2011, 5:46 pm

Hang in Wilson. Something good will happen. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 1st, 2011, 6:04 pm

Got some sort of frustrating news today, but I'm trying to be philosophical about it. I don't want to get too deep into it, as I've spent much of the day stewing over it, but the general upshot is this:
1. Something good will work out eventually; I just don't know exactly where or when.
2. In the meantime, I will have to broaden my search net. I have a good gig lined up for the summer which will buy me some time, and I will keep searching and knocking down doors for now.
3. For the next 60 hours, I refuse to stress about it. Nothing will happen over the weekend anyway, and I have recently encountered a beautiful, sweet girl who's got me more aflutter than any girl has had me in quite some time. For the next couple of days, I'll choose to focus on that (and her). She should be here shortly (As luck would have it, I'm housesitting for the next week. ;) ).

Life is good, dammit! X(
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 1st, 2011, 6:08 pm

wilson wrote:Got some sort of frustrating news today, but I'm trying to be philosophical about it. I don't want to get too deep into it, as I've spent much of the day stewing over it, but the general upshot is this:
1. Something good will work out eventually; I just don't know exactly where or when.
2. In the meantime, I will have to broaden my search net. I have a good gig lined up for the summer which will buy me some time, and I will keep searching and knocking down doors for now.
3. For the next 60 hours, I refuse to stress about it. Nothing will happen over the weekend anyway, and I have recently encountered a beautiful, sweet girl who's got me more aflutter than any girl has had me in quite some time. For the next couple of days, I'll choose to focus on that (and her). She should be here shortly (As luck would have it, I'm housesitting for the next week. ;) ).

Life is good, dammit! X(
Does she have a name? How about a picture? Tell us about her.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 1st, 2011, 6:16 pm

wilson wrote:Got some sort of frustrating news today, but I'm trying to be philosophical about it. I don't want to get too deep into it, as I've spent much of the day stewing over it, but the general upshot is this:

Life is good, dammit! X(
Woo hoo about number 3!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Just don't correct her if she says "ain't."

Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 1st, 2011, 8:27 pm

Holding our collective breath. Any further news? Still vibing.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 1st, 2011, 9:53 pm

wilson wrote:.

Life is good, dammit! X(

She didn't pose for EJ's avatar did she?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 1st, 2011, 10:02 pm

windsor wrote:

Life is good, dammit! X(

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
He wishes!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 1st, 2011, 11:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:

Life is good, dammit! X(

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
He wishes!
Double the =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 2nd, 2011, 3:00 pm

Life is good, dammit! X(
Ooooh! I hope your 60 hours are idyllic and sweet! Vibes still rolling off the Emerald Isle wave (((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 16th, 2011, 11:41 pm

I got an email this afternoon from someone asking what my availability is for an interview this week!!!
It's SO nice to have at least one person finally acknowledge that I really have something to contribute to the world. I'm really excited, and I know I'll nail my interview. Updates to follow, of course.
I had a great day.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 17th, 2011, 12:25 am

wilson wrote:I got an email this afternoon from someone asking what my availability is for an interview this week!!!
It's SO nice to have at least one person finally acknowledge that I really have something to contribute to the world. I'm really excited, and I know I'll nail my interview. Updates to follow, of course.
I had a great day.
I hope something works out for you very soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » May 17th, 2011, 5:48 am

Sending super impressive interview vibes!!!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2011, 6:26 am

:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 17th, 2011, 7:46 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Interview VIBES! Let us know how it goes.

Go get 'em :Pirate:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2011, 7:53 am

I am so happy for you! :happy-bouncyblue: :D ;)

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 17th, 2011, 9:15 am

wilson wrote:I got an email this afternoon from someone asking what my availability is for an interview this week!!!
I had a great day.
Go :Pirate: !
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 17th, 2011, 10:11 am

Knock 'em dead! Break a leg! Shine! Show 'em watcha got! Kick butt!

Vibes flowing!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe