Living in the land of the missing "D" and "E"

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Living in the land of the missing "D" and "E"

Post by devildeac » March 27th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Wonder if the Lavabes will put a wvu flag in their yard...

Or maybe a flat Huggie...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 27th, 2010, 9:57 pm

devildeac wrote:Wonder if the Lavabes will put a wvu flag in their yard...

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Would that be less popular than a Duke flag?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 27th, 2010, 10:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Tonight, I'd bet it would be ;) :D .
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2010, 10:02 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Tonight, I'd bet it would be ;) :D .
IF we beat Baylor, we play Huggy Bear.

NO HUGGY BEAR love after tonight! ;) :D :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:"I pledge allegiance to Kentucky Basketball as part of the Big Blue Nation, and to the 8th national title, for which we will win, one commonwealth, under Cal, with bourbon and bluegrass for all."

%-( %-( %-( ~X( ~X( ~X( :ymsick: :ymsick: L-) L-) L-) :-w :-w
Well, they might get a title ... but they would eventually have to play UConn and Auriema! ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Lavabe wrote:So my colleague (a UK alum) now has me as a friend on her facebook page. Today I saw this post from one of her friends:
"and how did Duke and UK get lined up to meet in the first round of the Final 4 (if Duke can get past Baylor). Arrrggghhh. Like any good self-respecting UK fan I have to hate Duke...with passion. The refs always seem to give them the benefit of the doubt... "

My response:
"Based on goduke.com, Duke's 676 fouls this year is less than its opponents who tallied 730 fouls. 54 more fouls... in 37 games. That amounts to like 1.5 FOULS PER GAME DIFFERENCE. Some "ALWAYS!!"
NOTE: UK was called for 614 fouls in 37 games (bigbluehistory.net); their opponents had 773 fouls called on them. 159 foul benefit to UK, or 4+ FOULS PER GAME DIFFERENCE. That's a lot more than Duke's difference, yes?
NOTE: Both sites' stats are not significantly different from the stats available on ESPN.
WHO ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt? If you can't argue with facts, your statement that they "always seem to be given the benefit of the doubt" is simply wrong."

Guess that was a short-lived FB friendship. ;)
I have now moved over to the position that we have to combat the Duke Hatred Tsunami whenever it pops up. ILJ has convinced me of the need to do this.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » March 29th, 2010, 10:30 am

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:So my colleague (a UK alum) now has me as a friend on her facebook page. Today I saw this post from one of her friends:
"and how did Duke and UK get lined up to meet in the first round of the Final 4 (if Duke can get past Baylor). Arrrggghhh. Like any good self-respecting UK fan I have to hate Duke...with passion. The refs always seem to give them the benefit of the doubt... "

My response:
"Based on goduke.com, Duke's 676 fouls this year is less than its opponents who tallied 730 fouls. 54 more fouls... in 37 games. That amounts to like 1.5 FOULS PER GAME DIFFERENCE. Some "ALWAYS!!"
NOTE: UK was called for 614 fouls in 37 games (bigbluehistory.net); their opponents had 773 fouls called on them. 159 foul benefit to UK, or 4+ FOULS PER GAME DIFFERENCE. That's a lot more than Duke's difference, yes?
NOTE: Both sites' stats are not significantly different from the stats available on ESPN.
WHO ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt? If you can't argue with facts, your statement that they "always seem to be given the benefit of the doubt" is simply wrong."

Guess that was a short-lived FB friendship. ;)
I have now moved over to the position that we have to combat the Duke Hatred Tsunami whenever it pops up. ILJ has convinced me of the need to do this.
You're a good Duke-loving, statistic-quoting husband. Today and this week (at least), I am ENJOYING living in the Land of the Missing D and E or as I am calling it now the Land of the LOST!!!!
ILJ
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 29th, 2010, 12:28 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:Today and this week (at least), I am ENJOYING living in the Land of the Missing D and E or as I am calling it now the Land of the LOST!!!!
ILJ
Folks... that's why I married her!! :ymhug: :-*
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 12th, 2011, 1:34 pm

Duke Hatred Tsunami encounter # 396 today.
:9f:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 12th, 2011, 1:44 pm

Lavabe wrote:Duke Hatred Tsunami encounter # 396 today.
:9f:
Is that just this year or since you moved to the Land of the missing D & E? :9f:
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 3rd, 2011, 10:40 pm

All I can say is...

WHEW! #:-s
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 3rd, 2011, 11:22 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:When we moved here to Lexington KY, we knew that it would be difficult to live in the city with the much-hated UK school and its sickening fans. Well, much like it is living in Chapel Hill (or even Raleigh with the oh-so-biased media folks there). Anyhow, we have survived this last 18 months without incident.

Today, I went to my doctor's office and found everyone there wearing UK shirts, hats. buttons, ribbons, etc. Gross I thought and wanted to leave. :Boo: I wanted even more to say something, but since I have a really good relationship with all the women at the reception/check-out desk, I decided to keep my mouth shut.

So, I go back to the tech who draws the blood and asked him (clearly not a bball fan to me) if they forced him to wear a UK shirt. He said they always do this on a game day. Guess I've never been fortunate enough to come in on one of those before. Anyhow, I said but are you a fan of UK? He said he didn't care about basketball at all, but went along with the office folks. I said but what would you do if you didn't like UK like I don't? He asked me why and I said I was a Duke fan. Well this very nice, obviously sheltered man asked me where that was. :-o I said North Carolina and he asked where I was from and again I said North Carolina. Then, I said that my husband and I both went to school there along with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, niece, and maybe coming up, my own daughter. We have our own family legacy line there.

About this time, he was ready to stick me for the blood which he did with minimal pain to me. I HATE having blood taken. While he was doing his thing, he said, you know, if I were a big UK fan, I could really have made this very painful for you, you Duke fan!! We had a big laugh over that. Then when he bandaged my hand, he brought over his tape and said, now I'm going to put this UK-blue bandage tape (the stretchy kind) on you. To which I said, you mean this DUKE-blue tape, don't you?!? He laughed and said you mean Duke has the same color as UK? I said well first of all, it's Duke's blue and they are very closely related.

I see this Phlebotomist a few times a year. I'm sure he will remember me from now on!
Great story and very funny. Thanks for posting. GO DEVILS!! :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 27th, 2011, 6:59 pm

While going to the check-out line in my local supermarket, I noticed that the three people in front of me were each wearing Bleed Blue UK t-shirts. I then quickly spotted what the front of one of them said, and I nearly died laughing. I quickly took a photo on my cell phone, and later sent it to ILJ, who has promised that she would post it here. It may be a little fuzzy, but you should be able to figure it out.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 27th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:While going to the check-out line in my local supermarket, I noticed that the three people in front of me were each wearing Bleed Blue UK t-shirts. I then quickly spotted what the front of one of them said, and I nearly died laughing. I quickly took a photo on my cell phone, and later sent it to ILJ, who has promised that she would post it here. It may be a little fuzzy, but you should be able to figure it out.
:-w :-w :-w
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 28th, 2011, 12:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:While going to the check-out line in my local supermarket, I noticed that the three people in front of me were each wearing Bleed Blue UK t-shirts. I then quickly spotted what the front of one of them said, and I nearly died laughing. I quickly took a photo on my cell phone, and later sent it to ILJ, who has promised that she would post it here. It may be a little fuzzy, but you should be able to figure it out.
:-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 28th, 2011, 2:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

:-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 28th, 2011, 2:14 pm

:-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!! :-w :!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2011, 5:44 pm

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:
:asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep:
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » April 28th, 2011, 6:04 pm

OK, OK!!!! I'll post it!!
KYshirt2.jpg
KYshirt1.jpg
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2011, 6:17 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:OK, OK!!!! I'll post it!!
KYshirt2.jpg
KYshirt1.jpg
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^