LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 7th, 2011, 11:26 am

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Bossman needs to have some pointy-toed boots inserted sideways in his posterior.

Vibes are headed your way. Virtual shin kicks are headed toward Bossman.

:9f:
And as for me, I don't have my cowboy boots with me, so I'll just have to fart in his general direction.
:)) :)) =)) =)) =)) :D :9f:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 7th, 2011, 11:28 am

captmojo wrote:Vibes requested and accepted, please. I neither need or deserve this shit!
Sending a trailer full of vibes and pointy shoe shinkicks to you and "the man" respectively.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 7th, 2011, 2:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
captmojo wrote: A formal hearing is to be held today at 1:00pm, with union representation in tow. I can't wait! :whistle:

Vibes requested and accepted, please. I neither need or deserve this shit!
Major vibes from the varnish zone, with some prayers thrown in as well. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

As far as your esteemed superior, well, he can go along with :9f: and :flame: . He can rot there, too.
Vibes from Kansas - with a few shin kicks directed the boss's way. I hope he's short cuz I'm tall and the shin kicks may land higher than the shins.
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 7th, 2011, 4:28 pm

So I work for a government contractor. All the work I do is billed to the US government. A couple weeks ago my management sent out an email saying they were "working on provisions" for what happens if there's a government shutdown.

Well today I found out that means "working on provisions for deciding which employees to force to take vacation." If the government shuts down over the weekend, I'll be forced to take personal leave next week. It sucks that the company can't absorb some of the costs and they're going to make us do it.

I really don't mind having some time off, I could certainly use some more free time to pack up the house. Sucks that I'm gonna be forced to take leave. It would really suck if I was someone who didn't have any leave in the bank.
-- DukeUsul
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 7th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Trying to find a restaurant in Greensboro that will seat about 15 of my dysfunctional family members the end of the month for an 80th birthday party for Mom is about as easy as negotiating a Federal budget. X( X( X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 7th, 2011, 5:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Trying to find a restaurant in Greensboro that will seat about 15 of my dysfunctional family members the end of the month for an 80th birthday party for Mom is about as easy as negotiating a Federal budget. X( X( X(
The Waffle House is always open. They have pretty good steaks, too.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 7th, 2011, 5:40 pm

My parole comes through tomorrow. In 24 hours, I will be drunk and approaching Turner Field.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief:
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 7th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Well, after a long argue session that was basically two guys espousing reasonable and thoughtful points versus one guy that seemed to be lost in a world of make believe...nothing was resolved. Nothing, except shithead boss being allowed to see in person just exactly how pissed off your capt can be when shithead boss tells the story of events that include total lies and fabrications about that bit o'history. I lept forth from my seat, not in order to be aggressive but rather, as a reaction to hearing his mouth spout a known lie about what happened. I keep my cool reserve and immediately sat back down. The union folks flatly told him that they had all intentions of going to the arbitration panel and spending whatever the costs to restore justice and break the Teamster's full-grown stick off up inside his ass sideways. (verbatim) Dipshit held fast to his guns. Trouble is, he has NO ammo.Later on, it was revealed that two other empoyees had done exactly the same as I had done, without repercussion. He had no response to this. At least,in front of yours truly, he didn't. I then left.

Twenty minutes after I got home, a call came from the union's business agent. He said a proposal had been put on the table after I left. Shithead says I can return to work tomorrow, sans lost wages over the last two days I was put off-roll. I asked how quickly they needed an answer from me. He said it was my call. The union would stand by me whatever the decision I gave. However, it may be as long as two months before a special committee meeting could be held to hear the case. I said, even though I feel it would be only fair to make him sweat out my answer, I am not one to hold a grudge and I need my job. Therefore, thank you for your service and I'll take the offer.
End , post one.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » April 7th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Friends, I'm not so naive as to think for one minute that this is the end and he won't be back to try again. He's tried so much, and reached to grasp so many straws that his hands are now bloodied and beaten. They will heal if I don't find a way to strike back with a blow that will clear me from having to occupy the same space with him. This ain't our first rodeo and I dare say it will be the last. This is, after all, the guy that fired me, once upon a time, for driving the BUTT two (Yes, that's 2) whole city blocks out of route, in order to vote. At that inquiry, I asked him what action he would take if I should have to drive two miles out of route in order to find a place to take a shit. "Don't be absurd!" Well...I need to know. I really don't want to be fired again.

Thank you all, for all the shin kicking and the general direction farting. As always, the CTN vibes are the greatest! Now, the advice on payback, if you will. This BS has to come to a screeching halt. :violin:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 7th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Congratulations and smart decision, Captain.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » April 7th, 2011, 7:27 pm

DukeUsul wrote:So I work for a government contractor. All the work I do is billed to the US government. A couple weeks ago my management sent out an email saying they were "working on provisions" for what happens if there's a government shutdown.

Well today I found out that means "working on provisions for deciding which employees to force to take vacation." If the government shuts down over the weekend, I'll be forced to take personal leave next week. It sucks that the company can't absorb some of the costs and they're going to make us do it.

I really don't mind having some time off, I could certainly use some more free time to pack up the house. Sucks that I'm gonna be forced to take leave. It would really suck if I was someone who didn't have any leave in the bank.
My hubby works for the federal government so, if they shut down, he's furlowed with no pay.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Great news Capt! Continued vibes and shinkicks!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » April 7th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:So I work for a government contractor. All the work I do is billed to the US government. A couple weeks ago my management sent out an email saying they were "working on provisions" for what happens if there's a government shutdown.

My hubby works for the federal government so, if they shut down, he's furlowed with no pay.
My understanding is last time this happened, federal employees eventually got their pay retroactively for the time off. I know it's not guaranteed, but I hope in this case if it happens, your husband and other federal employees get the back pay.
-- DukeUsul
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 7th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Captmojo,a good decision.

We will continue to send vibes to you and gas and pointy-toed shin kicks (and in DinK's case, kicks somewhat higher) in the direction of the bad guy.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 7th, 2011, 10:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Captmojo,a good decision.

We will continue to send vibes to you and gas and pointy-toed shin kicks (and in DinK's case, kicks somewhat higher) in the direction of the bad guy.
Yeah! What they said! If the shit head isn't careful, I'm going to let Ezzmarellda loose on his nasty ass when she's having a hot flash. Do NOT fuck with a hot flashing alter ego! She will rip him to shreds and stomp the hell out of his microscopic private parts and ego X(
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 7th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Bostondevil wrote:

ArkieDukie, any chance you'll be impacted?

I have a friend at Oregon State whose salary is paid by a federal grant; she's been warned that she may be on furlough too; apparently, OSU is also warning other grad students with federal stipends for tuition & work, that they may be SOL as well. :ymsigh:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 7th, 2011, 11:02 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:ArkieDukie, any chance you'll be impacted?

I have a friend at Oregon State whose salary is paid by a federal grant; she's been warned that she may be on furlough too; apparently, OSU is also warning other grad students with federal stipends for tuition & work, that they may be SOL as well. :ymsigh:
I have not heard anything that would lead me to believe I'd be in trouble. :-s
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » April 8th, 2011, 6:25 am

DukePA wrote:

Yeah! What they said! If the shit head isn't careful, I'm going to let Ezzmarellda loose on his nasty ass when she's having a hot flash. Do NOT fuck with a hot flashing alter ego! She will rip him to shreds and stomp the hell out of his microscopic private parts and ego X(
(GULP!) :-o :twitch:
All you guys are great!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 8th, 2011, 9:37 am

captmojo wrote:
DukePA wrote:

(GULP!) :-o :twitch:
All you guys are great!
Just don't ever piss us off! :D
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 8th, 2011, 2:43 pm

My wife has wanted to take some time off very badly, and being a government employee, she felt really bad for her coworkers, but was looking at the silver lining of getting some time off (all her leave has been used up by babies and a broken hand, neither really fun or relaxing vacations). However, she found out today that the USPTO has enough money set aside to keep going for six business days in the event of a shutdown. She's wondering if she can take a voluntary furlough.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage