Re: Vibes for College Apps!

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 30th, 2011, 12:13 pm

This post has been removed by request of Ima's inner grandmother. CB&B
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 30th, 2011, 1:27 pm

Continued vibes and prayers for Native, and for his family.

Having a huge test under this tension is brutal. :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 30th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:This post has been removed by request of Ima's inner grandmother. CB&B
I'm sure this non-contributor has made other reports in the past. Native's the one whose future is getting better and better. We all know that!

Projecting positive thoughts as the Internet carries the messages out to the applicants.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:This post has been removed by request of Ima's inner grandmother. CB&B has an AP exam on Othello
Shall we direct a "double, double toil and trouble" at the non-contributor classmate? :D

We can do hexes too, you know. :wizard: :wizard:

Just say the word, Ima!! ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » March 30th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Well, it's about twenty minutes until the decision.

Whatever happens, I want to say thanks to you guys. Your advice and reassurance on here has been nothing short of amazing and I will be forever grateful for it. I can truly feel the vibes as I sit here at my computer waiting for the clock to strike midnight (or, in this case, 6 PM).

I gave it my best shot, and that's what matters.

As I drove to lacrosse practice today, I passed by a sort of run-down house. There was a kid getting off a bus and walking towards it through the rain and the mud, school books in hand. Keep in mind that this was about an hour and a half after school had let out, and this guy was just getting home. His mom and little sister were waiting there for him on the front porch. The only way I am able to describe the look on his face is with the word "contentment." For whatever reason, he was happy to be able to get an education and to have a family every day to go home to.

It made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, and that everyone else in this huge rat race of college applications — as well as life in a larger sense — has worked just as hard as I have (and in some cases, has overcome much more). I've come to the realization that I'll have a great college experience and life regardless of where I go. I've been blessed with a great family, great friends, and a great opportunity — and of course, a great support system here on CrazieTalk. These things will carry me farther than any degree from any university.

So, before I get this decision, I'd just like to say thanks one more time. Regardless of what happens, thanks for all of your help and support!
:9f:
Native

Post by Native » March 30th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Dear Michael:

Congratulations! I am delighted to offer you a place in the Class of 2015 at Duke University.

Your many successes inside and outside of the classroom have earned you a place among the world's best students. The competition this year was extraordinarily keen - we received almost 30,000 applications for just 1,700 places in the first-year class. The students we have admitted come from across the country and around the world, and will bring together an extraordinary variety of interests, backgrounds, experiences, and talents. You and your classmates can expect to be challenged intellectually, to form enduring bonds of friendship and community, and to share in the excitement of discovery that pervades our campus.

I wish to draw your attention to Blue Devil Days (see link above), our series of two-day on-campus programs for accepted students, which take place in April. I strongly encourage you to attend, as you will be able to experience personally the enthusiasm Duke generates among the members of its community and the exceptional opportunities available to undergraduates.

To become a member of the Class of 2015, please click on the "Respond to Offer" tab on this website and follow the listed instructions. You must respond by 11:59 p.m. on May 1, 2011, in order to hold your place in the entering class. Even if you must decline this offer, please be sure to respond online so that our records will be accurate.

We are mailing you a copy of this letter; enclosed will be a copy of Duke's Community Standard as well as instructions and information regarding tuition and financial aid, housing, dining, and other campus services. Please read this material carefully. After you accept our offer of admission, you will receive The Blue Book in mid-May containing detailed instructions on the steps to take to prepare for your arrival at Duke.

Finally, please don't forget what it took to get you to this point; we fully expect you to maintain high standards of academic performance and personal behavior in and out of school, including abiding by our Community Standard. If there is any change in the information in your application - including academic, personal, disciplinary, or legal matters - you must contact me directly within 72 hours. We reserve the right to withdraw our offer of admission should your standing in any of these areas change, or if you do not meet the terms of the Community Standard between now and the beginning of our fall term.

You have my warmest congratulations on your admission to Duke. We look forward to having you among us this fall.

Sincerely,

Christoph Guttentag
Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:

WOO HOO!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 30th, 2011, 6:08 pm

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :duke: :duke: :duke:
HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!! We are proud of you!!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 30th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Native, my heart is pounding!!! I am thrilled for you (and the family). CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2011, 6:19 pm

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :-bd :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead:
FANTASTIC!!!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 30th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Congratulations! Just congratulations! Nothing else needs be said except
GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!
:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I mean, you didn't really expect the letter to say anything else besides congratulations and welcome to Duke, did you? I didn't think so! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 30th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Lavabe wrote:ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :-bd :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead:
FANTASTIC!!!!
What Lavabe said. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 30th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:The third one is on the way. Congratulations on two very exciting possibilities for your future. :happy-bouncyblue:
The Stanford letter made me a little nervous despite the usual accuracy of my gift of second sight. The Duke notification is the one in my vision for you!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 30th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Congratulations!!!

:duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:
-- DukeUsul
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 30th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Congrats on your admission, you've got a set of high quality "problems" to deal with! :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 30th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Way to go Native! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke:

Whatever decision you make ( :pray: gotoDuke gotoDuke gotoDuke :pray: ) we will all be proud of you.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 30th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Congratulations!

I am doing a little happy dance for you! :happy-bouncyblue: :dance: :happy-bouncyblue: :dance: :happy-bouncyblue: :dance: :happy-bouncyblue: :dance:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 31st, 2011, 1:57 am

Native wrote:Well, it's about twenty minutes until the decision.

Whatever happens, I want to say thanks to you guys. Your advice and reassurance on here has been nothing short of amazing and I will be forever grateful for it. I can truly feel the vibes as I sit here at my computer waiting for the clock to strike midnight (or, in this case, 6 PM).

As I drove to lacrosse practice today, I passed by a sort of run-down house. There was a kid getting off a bus and walking towards it through the rain and the mud, school books in hand. Keep in mind that this was about an hour and a half after school had let out, and this guy was just getting home. His mom and little sister were waiting there for him on the front porch. The only way I am able to describe the look on his face is with the word "contentment." For whatever reason, he was happy to be able to get an education and to have a family every day to go home to.

It made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, and that everyone else in this huge rat race of college applications — as well as life in a larger sense — has worked just as hard as I have (and in some cases, has overcome much more). I've come to the realization that I'll have a great college experience and life regardless of where I go. I've been blessed with a great family, great friends, and a great opportunity — and of course, a great support system here on CrazieTalk. These things will carry me farther than any degree from any university. So, before I get this decision, I'd just like to say thanks one more time. Regardless of what happens, thanks for all of your help and support!
Native, congrats on your acceptance to Duke, but a bigger congrats and kudos to you for this realization. Duke would be lucky to have you in its incoming class.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » March 31st, 2011, 6:30 am

Congratulations!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 31st, 2011, 7:30 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

It made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, and that everyone else in this huge rat race of college applications — as well as life in a larger sense — has worked just as hard as I have (and in some cases, has overcome much more). I've come to the realization that I'll have a great college experience and life regardless of where I go. I've been blessed with a great family, great friends, and a great opportunity — and of course, a great support system here on CrazieTalk. These things will carry me farther than any degree from any university. So, before I get this decision, I'd just like to say thanks one more time. Regardless of what happens, thanks for all of your help and support!
Native, congrats on your acceptance to Duke, but a bigger congrats and kudos to you for this realization. Duke would be lucky to have you in its incoming class.
I couldn't have written what Devilalumna wrote any better.

Congratulations!! Good luck with your decision (or does the fact you were accepted mean you are going to Duke?).

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :duke: :duke: :duke:
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 31st, 2011, 9:32 am

It made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, and that everyone else in this huge rat race of college applications — as well as life in a larger sense — has worked just as hard as I have (and in some cases, has overcome much more). I've come to the realization that I'll have a great college experience and life regardless of where I go. I've been blessed with a great family, great friends, and a great opportunity — and of course, a great support system here on CrazieTalk. These things will carry me farther than any degree from any university.

So, before I get this decision, I'd just like to say thanks one more time. Regardless of what happens, thanks for all of your help and support!
Native, I missed this on my first scan of this thread, until DA reposted (thanks, DA). It brought tears to my eyes.

What a perceptive young man you are. I am very proud of having made your acquaintance here. Any institution would be proud to have you as a representative.
Iron Duke #1471997.