LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeUsul » June 14th, 2009, 10:09 pm

I get back from four weeks of constant travelling, and there's another 50 pages on the LTE..... well I won't be reading those.

YMO LOVE THE CAR. I just turned in the 2006 A4 I had leased. I love the new A4 and would have picked one up but need more room for the kid - so I got a two year old A6 Avant. Third Audi I've had, I also had a 1998 A4.
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 14th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
The robes aren't too fancy. The hoods are. Having said that, I need to get the forest green & black anniversary gowns from my PhD institute; sure beats wearing the same black every year.
I disagree. I think it depends on the institution. I remember when I was graduating from NYU, I said that I'd go back just to get a Doctorate JUST for the robe/hood/cap. They were AWESOME beyond belief.
My sister recently got her doctorate from BC, and I have to say, while I usually dislike their maroon and gold colors, they do look very nice on a doctoral robe.

Duke's blue robes kick serious ass.
-- DukeUsul
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » June 14th, 2009, 10:26 pm

So methinks that JJ shoulda called Shane for tips on how to guard Kobe.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 10:32 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I get back from four weeks of constant travelling, and there's another 50 pages on the LTE..... well I won't be reading those.

YMO LOVE THE CAR. I just turned in the 2006 A4 I had leased. I love the new A4 and would have picked one up but need more room for the kid - so I got a two year old A6 Avant. Third Audi I've had, I also had a 1998 A4.
Thx, I turned in my 2003 A4 when I got it. I was parked next to an A5 this afternoon. I started thinking, "Wow, that's a nice car." :lol:
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 14th, 2009, 10:33 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I get back from four weeks of constant travelling, and there's another 50 pages on the LTE..... well I won't be reading those.

Thx, I turned in my 2003 A4 when I got it. I was parked next to an A5 this afternoon. I started thinking, "Wow, that's a nice car." :lol:
Yeah. I don't think I could convince the wife that I could get a car seat in the back of the A5. That didn't stop me from trying. :D Such a nice car.
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 14th, 2009, 10:38 pm

Sue71 wrote:So methinks that JJ shoulda called Shane for tips on how to guard Kobe.
Well, guarding the best player of this generation and giving up two inches to him is probably a bit much to ask. :-) Shane at least has some height to his advantage.

Is it me or is Kobe the whiniest player in the game?
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 10:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm going to make a strawberry cake when I get back from NYC next weekend.
You won't have room after you have your Woody... :D :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » June 14th, 2009, 11:21 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Sue71 wrote:So methinks that JJ shoulda called Shane for tips on how to guard Kobe.
Well, guarding the best player of this generation and giving up two inches to him is probably a bit much to ask. :-) Shane at least has some height to his advantage.

Is it me or is Kobe the whiniest player in the game?
Kobe is a great, great player. But, I cannot stand him. As you note, he whines like no other, which is astonishing because no other player gets the benefit of calls when taking fadeaway jump shots. I'm not sure what else Kobe could ask for. The only thing left is for a foul to be called every time he misses a shot simply because he missed a shot (and we're not far from that now).

He also seems to have such disdain for everyone but himself. The "scowl" that he introduced in this year's playoffs seems to be a shameless attempt at having a signature facial expression like Jordan's tongue. Note to Kobe, you don't get a signature expression at age 30. You're about 12 years late on that one.

Perhaps most unfortunate is how joyless he appears on the court. Compare that with LeBron, who, while not having the titles of Bryant as of now, is so much more fun to watch because he seems to have fun playing the game.

Nonetheless, congrats to the Lakers. They were the best team in the NBA this season and deserve this historic title.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » June 14th, 2009, 11:54 pm

So... After tomorrow you probably won't be seeing me much for the next 7 weeks.

Tomorrow night we (my family/part of my youth group) leave to travel to Haiti for a week. While we are there we will be visiting different orphanages and schools while building relationships.

The next week I am attending Boy's State. It's a sort of "mock government" "camp" that lasts for seven days. Should be an experience! :D

The five weeks after that I will be working (volunteering) at Camp Don Lee as Sailing Staff. This should be a blast! I've been looking forward to working on staff since I first got in a sailboat. I was probably about a year and a half old.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know so you don't think I just dropped off the face of the earth! When I get home I have a lovely present awaiting me!!! Soccer tryouts ~x( Two-a-days=Fun
Class of 2014
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 14th, 2009, 11:58 pm

CellR wrote:So... After tomorrow you probably won't be seeing me much for the next 7 weeks.

Tomorrow night we (my family/part of my youth group) leave to travel to Haiti for a week. While we are there we will be visiting different orphanages and schools while building relationships.

The next week I am attending Boy's State. It's a sort of "mock government" "camp" that lasts for seven days. Should be an experience! :D

The five weeks after that I will be working (volunteering) at Camp Don Lee as Sailing Staff. This should be a blast! I've been looking forward to working on staff since I first got in a sailboat. I was probably about a year and a half old.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know so you don't think I just dropped off the face of the earth! When I get home I have a lovely present awaiting me!!! Soccer tryouts ~x( Two-a-days=Fun
Wow, have a great time! Will you get to see the little boy in your picture?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » June 15th, 2009, 12:00 am

Sue71 wrote:
CellR wrote:So... After tomorrow you probably won't be seeing me much for the next 7 weeks.

Wow, have a great time! Will you get to see the little boy in your picture?
Yes!!! Delmace :D Probably my favorite.
I'm so excited!
Class of 2014
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2009, 8:40 am

DukeUsul wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
The robes aren't too fancy. The hoods are. Having said that, I need to get the forest green & black anniversary gowns from my PhD institute; sure beats wearing the same black every year.
I disagree. I think it depends on the institution. I remember when I was graduating from NYU, I said that I'd go back just to get a Doctorate JUST for the robe/hood/cap. They were AWESOME beyond belief.
My sister recently got her doctorate from BC, and I have to say, while I usually dislike their maroon and gold colors, they do look very nice on a doctoral robe.

Duke's blue robes kick serious ass.
Congratulations to your sister! What is her area of expertise?
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2009, 8:42 am

Have safe travels and fun.
Life is good!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 15th, 2009, 9:09 am

DukieInKansas wrote: Congratulations to your sister! What is her area of expertise?
She got her Ed.D in school administration. She's a high school principal outside Worcester, MA and is currently looking to get an asst. superintendent position doing curriculum development.

Her dissertation was actually kinda interesting.
-- DukeUsul
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2009, 9:15 am

DukeUsul wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: Congratulations to your sister! What is her area of expertise?
She got her Ed.D in school administration. She's a high school principal outside Worcester, MA and is currently looking to get an asst. superintendent position doing curriculum development.

Her dissertation was actually kinda interesting.
Yeah - the world can always use better people in education.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 15th, 2009, 6:42 pm

Have a great trip Cell-R, and please make sure you share photos and experiences upon your return. Travel safe!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 15th, 2009, 8:54 pm

I saw Cheerwine in the gift shop at work today. What does Cheerwine taste like?
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 15th, 2009, 9:25 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I saw Cheerwine in the gift shop at work today. What does Cheerwine taste like?
It's cherry-ish.
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 15th, 2009, 9:30 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I saw Cheerwine in the gift shop at work today. What does Cheerwine taste like?
It's cherry-ish.
How long have you lived in Durham and never tired Cheerwine?! By the way, there is Cheerwine ice cream. (Or sherbet)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 15th, 2009, 9:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
It's cherry-ish.
How long have you lived in Durham and never tired Cheerwine?! By the way, there is Cheerwine ice cream. (Or sherbet)
I've only lived in Durham since April of last year. But, I've lived in the Triangle for almost 11.

I'm going to try a Cheerwine tomorrow.
I worship the Blue Devil!