Cell Phones

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Cell Phones

Post by ArkieDukie » June 13th, 2009, 6:44 pm

bjornolf wrote:I have very little choice where I live. If you're not on I-95 between Woodbridge and Fredericksburg in Northern VA or even heading down toward Richmond, you aren't getting signal unless you have Verizon. And when we travel to my wife's parents in Staunton, we take a LOT of back roads through central VA, and you get NO signal without Verizon there. With Verizon, I at least have enough bars to talk the entire way.

%%-
I kept my AT&T (then Cingular) account the year I lived in Lexington (VA) and hardly ever had signal.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 14th, 2009, 9:13 am

I know. If you're not in NoVA, Richmond, or the Hampton Roads/Norfolk area, you pretty much HAVE to go with Verizon Wireless in Virginia. Everywhere else is pretty much a dead zone for the other carriers. You're okay as long as you're within about a mile of I-95, but that's about it. Even I-66, I-64 and I-81 have huge dead areas for other carriers, even if you're right on the road. Can't say for other states, but in VA, I've seen it. I have friends with other carriers who get nothing in these areas, even now.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 14th, 2009, 9:53 am

Ben63 wrote:
CellR wrote:We should switch to T-Mobile!
No you shouldn't. Worst service I ever had. Didn't even work in my house. Now I know I live in Pennsylvania and the service may be different down there but it sucks here. I never recommend it to anyone.

But I do love Verizon.
I'm in rural SE PA and my T-mobile works. It is very spotty in rural areas on bicycle trips - last year I was hit and miss in IN & MI, also in NY the year before. But their coverage keeps expanding.
Life is good!