You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by devildeac » October 28th, 2019, 10:21 am

:swear: A P5 football team has 1st and goal at their hated, cheating foe's 2 with 0:18 left on the game clock, down 17-20, and throws a @#$%ing RB jump pass. X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 3rd, 2019, 7:29 pm

The Rev. LG’s former church lists events happening during the week on FB. They don’t proofread. (They don’t do a lot of anything, except be assholes to anyone not in their circle. Fired the old secretary by text less than two hours after he left.) Apparently the new secretary has some proofreading issues.

Their schedule for the week states that the food PANTY is open from 6-7 on Tuesday.

I have to admit I turned into an eight year old for about an hour. :9f:
AB89F874-A85B-4F0A-BEC3-76D29C6B3594.jpeg
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 19th, 2019, 8:37 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:29 pm
The Rev. LG’s former church lists events happening during the week on FB. They don’t proofread. (They don’t do a lot of anything, except be assholes to anyone not in their circle. Fired the old secretary by text less than two hours after he left.) Apparently the new secretary has some proofreading issues.

Their schedule for the week states that the food PANTY is open from 6-7 on Tuesday.

I have to admit I turned into an eight year old for about an hour. :9f: AB89F874-A85B-4F0A-BEC3-76D29C6B3594.jpeg

I'm 8 years old, too! =))

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 19th, 2019, 10:21 am

CathyCA wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 8:37 am
lawgrad91 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:29 pm

I have to admit I turned into an eight year old for about an hour. :9f: AB89F874-A85B-4F0A-BEC3-76D29C6B3594.jpeg

I'm 8 years old, too! =))

I almost made a Jeffrey Epstein joke here, but I thought better of it and self-edited and deleted it.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 5th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Memo to the dim bulb, uh, lieutenant over Civil Process: When serving a subpoena at a place of employment, please use an appropriate abbreviation. One serves a subpoena on an "Assistant Manager," or an "Asst Mgr," but not an "Ass Manager." There is a llama farm and a ranch for people with disabilities, but neither of them have an "ass manager."

Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 6th, 2019, 7:05 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Memo to the dim bulb, uh, lieutenant over Civil Process: When serving a subpoena at a place of employment, please use an appropriate abbreviation. One serves a subpoena on an "Assistant Manager," or an "Asst Mgr," but not an "Ass Manager." There is a llama farm and a ranch for people with disabilities, but neither of them have an "ass manager."

Years back I managed a team of software developers. That title would have appropriate for me at that time.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 11th, 2019, 2:27 pm

The afternoon shirt du jour: woman in for a probation violation. She was wearing an unzipped jacket, with a red T-shirt underneath. Didn't get a good look at it until she was walking out. It was OSU Buckeye red. It said: "ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE."

Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2019, 6:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 2:27 pm
The afternoon shirt du jour: woman in for a probation violation. She was wearing an unzipped jacket, with a red T-shirt underneath. Didn't get a good look at it until she was walking out. It was OSU Buckeye red. It said: "ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE."

Well, at least she wore it in safe territory.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 13th, 2019, 12:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 2:27 pm

:)) =)) :)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 22nd, 2019, 10:12 pm

2D1C5B54-FA41-4368-A9FC-B8B8564A642B.jpeg
A person wearing this particular hat should not tell the deputy, “I don’t know anything about drugs.” Especially if he is out on bond for selling heroin.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 23rd, 2019, 10:24 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:12 pm
2D1C5B54-FA41-4368-A9FC-B8B8564A642B.jpeg

A person wearing this particular hat should not tell the deputy, “I don’t know anything about drugs.” Especially if he is out on bond for selling heroin.... :9f:
:D =)) :))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 31st, 2019, 9:59 am

Another gem from the Martinsville Bulletin:

She was preceded in death by her husband, Sardar Pritam S. Narula. She is survived by her children, Kanchan Preet, Jappreet and Jaipreet.
Celebration of her life is held at Cumby Family Funeral Home at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, 2019, followed by religious rights on Saturday, January 4, 2020, at Gurudwara Sikh Association of the Triad in High Point.

I guess it's me, but I never considered Sikhs part of the RELIGIOUS RIGHT. I hope they meant RITES, but with this paper, one never knows.

Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 7th, 2020, 9:50 am

Another gem from the spellcheck gurus.

I had a case in court this morning where we moved to revoke the bond on a defendant for not being of good behavior. According to the motion, defendant gave a “vile” of adulterated urine to the probation officer.

I’m sure it was vile, but I expect she handed over a VIAL. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 7th, 2020, 10:18 am

Went to my first city council meeting last night because they were going to discuss the preliminary plan for the expansion of the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. A protest petition had be submitted so the meeting turned into a public hearing on the issue. The disagreement boiled down to the "amphitheater" that is in the plan. Neighbors were concerned about lighting, sound, and traffic for any concerts that might be held in the amphitheater. The amphitheater has a seating capacity of 850. That is only lawn seating as there will be no permanent seating at the site. Also, there will be no lights. I'm not sure why they thought 7,000 people might show up for a rock concert there. Just after midnight, the votes were finally cast - 11 for to 1 against but the condition was added that the final plan will come before the council again allowing new members on the council to have a say in the final approval. (Unless some major fundraising occurs, there won't be an amphitheater in the next stage. I want to win powerball so I can fund the amphitheater and call it "Barbara's Bowl". :D )
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 9th, 2020, 3:36 pm

A person who is wanted by the Sheriff’s Office probably shouldn’t show up in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office to report a larceny. And said person probably shouldn’t carry loose Schedule II pills in his pocket into the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office, and attempt to pop those pills upon arrest.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 9th, 2020, 5:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 3:36 pm
A person who is wanted by the Sheriff’s Office probably shouldn’t show up in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office to report a larceny. And said person probably shouldn’t carry loose Schedule II pills in his pocket into the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office, and attempt to pop those pills upon arrest.
Yeah, probably shouldn't... =)) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 26th, 2020, 4:42 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 9:50 am
Another gem from the spellcheck gurus.

I had a case in court this morning where we moved to revoke the bond on a defendant for not being of good behavior. According to the motion, defendant gave a “vile” of adulterated urine to the probation officer.

I’m sure it was vile, but I expect she handed over a VIAL. :9f:
I saw that one in lab notebooks all the time, back when I was teaching.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 5th, 2020, 4:30 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
December 19th, 2016, 4:31 pm
Just because Carrie Underwood gets revenge on a cheater's vehicle on a music video, doesn't make it legal for an aggrieved person to carve "whore" and "homewrecker" into the paint job on the Honda of her ex's new baby mama.

Like a lot of other things in life, there are repercussions, no matter how good it makes a person feel. :9f:
It also doesn’t work to paint “DRUG WHORE” and “SLUT” on a Chrysler Pacifica.

When this gets charged, I expect to be called as a witness for the defense. I would have to testify under oath that those phrases do, in fact, describe the driver of said van. Even though truth is not an absolute defense. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 5th, 2020, 8:50 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 4:30 pm
lawgrad91 wrote:
December 19th, 2016, 4:31 pm
Just because Carrie Underwood gets revenge on a cheater's vehicle on a music video, doesn't make it legal for an aggrieved person to carve "whore" and "homewrecker" into the paint job on the Honda of her ex's new baby mama.

Like a lot of other things in life, there are repercussions, no matter how good it makes a person feel. :9f:
It also doesn’t work to paint “DRUG WHORE” and “SLUT” on a Chrysler Pacifica.

When this gets charged, I expect to be called as a witness for the defense. I would have to testify under oath that those phrases do, in fact, describe the driver of said van. Even though truth is not an absolute defense. :9f:
=)) =)) =))
Thanks for giving me a good laugh. I needed that!!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 6th, 2020, 9:33 am

A shining light of the Commonwealth just popped his head into the courtroom doors. “Has court not started yet?” Bailiff said, “no, we’re done with the 9:00 docket. What time was your case?” Bright light: “8:15.” (It was 9:22)

Lots of paper shuffling by lots of people to do what should have been done at 8:15.

Bailiff: “Do you have a felony? Do you need a lawyer?” Bright light: “I hope not.”

Me: “Sir, what are you charged with?”

Bright light: “I just had a little baggie of weed, about this small (holds up hand to show me just how small his bag of weed was.”

Iron Duke #1471997.