CTN: A History

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: CTN: A History

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote: :ymblushing: -bjornolf "awarded" that to me many months ago and haven't changed it since. I guess I'd kinda like a new avatar but am too lazy and to computer challenged to place a new one. Look at all the damn trouble I had exporting smilies. :)) =))
Perhaps the red birdie could be made into an avatar? :D

If so, something tells me that it will quickly become the most common avatar around these here parts.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 30th, 2010, 7:43 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote: :ymblushing: -bjornolf "awarded" that to me many months ago and haven't changed it since. I guess I'd kinda like a new avatar but am too lazy and to computer challenged to place a new one. Look at all the damn trouble I had exporting smilies. :)) =))
I'm not THAT interested in a new avatar.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » August 6th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Like this one?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (11.57 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2010, 9:58 am

:-
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 8th, 2010, 10:43 am

devildeac wrote::-
=))
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 9th, 2010, 2:33 am

Yeah I hear ya.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 20th, 2010, 10:08 am

This day in CTN History:

August 20, 2009:

*A CTN History poll was created by one of its most respected members, Wilson. In the months to come, Wilson would seem to vanish from the site as his exact whereabouts became unknown and the reasons and stories behind his mysterious disappearance became the stuff of legends. One such story, with some basis in fact, was that Wilson had been abducted and robbed in England and was handcuffed in the basement of a midget knight who held steadfastly to the belief that the Klingons were coming to take over the Northern Hemisphere, and that the only way to negotiate with the Klingons was to offer up Wilson as a sacrifice, or to "non-taper" the continents of the Southern Hemisphere to make them more attractive to the "tapered-hating" Klingons.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 24th, 2010, 6:18 am

:ymapplause: Nice throwback reference to the 'continental tapering' phenom. Well done. :happy-bouncyblue:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » September 9th, 2010, 11:53 pm

captmojo wrote::ymapplause: Nice throwback reference to the 'continental tapering' phenom. Well done. :happy-bouncyblue:
Thank You!

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 20th, 2010, 9:08 pm

I like the CTN site. And so glad there are alternatives so we dont get frustrated. And we can say what we want too!!! GTHC GTH :duke: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 20th, 2010, 9:15 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote:I like the CTN site. And so glad there are alternatives so we dont get frustrated. And we can say what we want too!!! GTHC GTH :duke: :9f:
Have a :spork: . :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 21st, 2010, 9:24 pm

:9f:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2011, 8:54 am

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
pamtar
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by pamtar » February 26th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Addendum:

Though it is a very small addition to the history of CTN, I felt it necessary to announce my official arrival. Not because I think I'm the man - I don't. I just wanted to vent a bit and though that this was the best thread to do it in.

So, as of Feb, 26 2011, I, pamtar have now officially turned my back on the DBR and decided to post on CTN exclusively. Not gonna get into the juicy details but wanna say that DBR has become a horrible place. The amount of self-absorption that exist there could drain the Pacific. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

For those who don't know me, I am not the best poster and a lot of what I say is probably incoherent. However, I can usually add a very small amount even the most pointless of conversations. I like beer, playing bball, wakeskating and music. My favorite color is midnight blue. My favorite poster is a tie between everyone here and EarlJam's ghost that still exists in his posts that DBR leaves up.

Sorry I waited so long to see the light and thanks to the creators and mods and posters for simply being POSITIVE!

:happy-bouncyblue: :-ss :twocents: :Orc:

and the smiley things rock here
Used to PW, got the forum VD, now no one cares what I type...
captmojo

Post by captmojo » February 26th, 2011, 8:48 pm

pamtar wrote:

For those who don't know me, I am not the best poster and a lot of what I say is probably incoherent. However, I can usually add a very small amount even the most pointless of conversations.
Uggh...believe it or not, and I've been known to lie, these qualities make you a perfect addition to the ranks.
Hop aboard! Hell, hop a plank too!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » February 26th, 2011, 11:15 pm

pamtar, welcome and the more incoherent the more :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork: we'll award you.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2011, 12:14 am

pamtar wrote:Addendum:

Though it is a very small addition to the history of CTN, I felt it necessary to announce my official arrival. Not because I think I'm the man - I don't. I just wanted to vent a bit and though that this was the best thread to do it in.

So, as of Feb, 26 2011, I, pamtar have now officially turned my back on the DBR and decided to post on CTN exclusively. Not gonna get into the juicy details but wanna say that DBR has become a horrible place. The amount of self-absorption that exist there could drain the Pacific. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

For those who don't know me, I am not the best poster and a lot of what I say is probably incoherent. However, I can usually add a very small amount even the most pointless of conversations. I like beer, playing bball, wakeskating and music. My favorite color is midnight blue. My favorite poster is a tie between everyone here and EarlJam's ghost that still exists in his posts that DBR leaves up.

Sorry I waited so long to see the light and thanks to the creators and mods and posters for simply being POSITIVE!

Welcome, Pamtar!

It's good to see you over here at CTN.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 27th, 2011, 8:52 am

pamtar wrote:Addendum:

Glad to have you here! You don't have to explain to us why you would leave DBR. I have wanted to wade in over there, many times, to defend what someone said due to a mod (or a poster with a hayfield full of pitchforks) attacking that person. Here, the love of Duke brings us together, but we talk about so many things that have nothing to do with sports, and it makes for a much more positive environment. :romance-grouphug:

And the smilies are way cooler too.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 27th, 2011, 8:55 am

Welcome Pamtar!

So how come you only posted once and then left? We'll have to teach you how to really PW. ;) :happy-bouncyblue: B-) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
pamtar

Post by pamtar » February 27th, 2011, 10:47 am

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys! I feel like the little bee girl in the Blind Melon video!

This place is rad and I cant wait to start my own spork collection!

GO DUKE!! Nueve Efe!!!
Used to PW, got the forum VD, now no one cares what I type...