hustleplays
PW in training
PW in training

Re: Duke Vs Northwestern, 9/16 – 3:30 KO Menu & Attendance

Post by hustleplays » September 17th, 2023, 11:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 9:51 pm
Most of y'all missed this moment.

We were sitting under the shady tent, watching the game. Well everyone else was, it was halftime and I was falling asleep in my chair, when a commotion wakes me up.

Someone stole the rum cake!!! Not just a slice, but the whole damn cake! Our tent member Kim saw this and took off running after this woman walking off with our cake, and a bag of our chips.

Upon getting confronted, she said "I'm a Duke student, I go here, I can take it". I shit you not.
Thanks to Kim the cake was saved from the self-entitled elitist, and dessert was saved.

Hats off to Lee Ann Dean for making a cake so good that it's worth going to Duke jail for. :ymparty:
There's a new sheriff in town: Kim! Way to go!

Though I'm feeling a little down that Dear Wife Baked Iced Lemon Cake is not good enough to purloin. Maybe she can tweak the recipe. :wizard:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 18th, 2023, 12:48 am

hustleplays wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 11:23 pm
I asked Chris how he seasoned the burgers -- they were so delicious! He told me that the seasoning by now was totally baked into his grill. You grilling aficionados likely knew this already, but I found it a fun fact.
Truly like a cast iron skillet. The more you cook on it, the more flavorful each serving becomes.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 18th, 2023, 11:21 am

We were sitting under the shady tent, watching the game. Well everyone else was, it was halftime and I was falling asleep in my chair, when a commotion wakes me up.

Someone stole the rum cake!!! Not just a slice, but the whole damn cake! Our tent member Kim saw this and took off running after this woman walking off with our cake, and a bag of our chips.

Upon getting confronted, she said "I'm a Duke student, I go here, I can take it". I shit you not.
Thanks to Kim the cake was saved from the self-entitled elitist, and dessert was saved.

Hats off to Lee Ann Dean for making a cake so good that it's worth going to Duke jail for. :ymparty:
Lort! Was the student high? A rum cake and a bag of chips!

I wonder if the omnipresent security cameras recorded this theft?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 18th, 2023, 10:30 pm

Unbelievable.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieDoo
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Re: Duke Vs Northwestern, 9/16 – 3:30 KO M&A thread and a tale about stolen cake

Post by DukieDoo » September 20th, 2023, 3:42 pm

Well as a newbie to the Duke football game-day experience I had a great time at both the tailgate and at the game. A special shoutout to Chris for organizing everything, cooking some tasty vittles and especially for making me and my friend feel welcome. Chris went above and beyond when he noticed us wandering around and generously offered to get some lawn chairs from his car for us. We had a nice conversation with him and his impressive stepmom Marilyn. We also enjoyed meeting Ted (“Hustleplays”, don’t remember surname), an impressive Dukie from way back who regaled us with Elko stories and sang the praises of Carson Bard, the very young woman & Duke grad who is now Director of Head Coach Operations.

And of course the game was a blast. I could tell the game was over from about 10 minutes in - we were dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. My only regret entertainment wise was that Northwestern couldn’t even put up a decent fight; Duke was their superior in all facets of the game.

The crowd was impressive on the Duke side of the field. Disappointing to see the sunny side so empty though.

Thanks again to all who brought food I partook of. My only food complaint was that I missed the rum cake caper!

Go Duke!
Ross (DukieDoo here, skydog on DBR)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke Vs Northwestern, 9/16 – 3:30 KO M&A thread and a tale about stolen cake

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 20th, 2023, 4:42 pm

DukieDoo wrote:
September 20th, 2023, 3:42 pm

Thanks again to all who brought food I partook of. My only food complaint was that I missed the rum cake caper!

Go Duke!
Ross (DukieDoo here, skydog on DBR)
=)) =))

Hope you come back for ND, and more games both this season and next.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.