Condolences to the Jarhead family

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Condolences to the Jarhead family

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2022, 12:19 pm

:duke: Ted “Jarhead” Buschman died yesterday after his illness. A founding member of the TB’CC. Condolences to BuschDevil and his entire family. =(( :duke:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Condolences to the Jarhead family

Post by OPK » December 27th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Very sorry to hear. Condolences.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2022, 12:23 pm

Very sorry to hear. Jarhead was always a source of smiles at our tailgates.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » December 27th, 2022, 12:52 pm

Awful news. Green Family condolences.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 27th, 2022, 2:21 pm

He had a great life. Prayers to BuschDevil and the family.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 28th, 2022, 9:28 am

So sorry to hear this. I remember him fondly. Condolences to the family.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 28th, 2022, 10:38 am

Copied without permission from OY

RIP Jarhead, b. 3/15/1929, d. 12/26/2022

It is with great sadness that I must inform the DBR family of the death of one of it's earliest members, "Jarhead", aka. "Ted", aka. Maj. T. W. Buschman, USMC Retired (aka. "Dad" or "Pops" to me), at the age of 93. He died peacefully, surrounded by love, two days ago, on the day after Christmas, December 26, 2022, after declining health over the last 4 years, at St. Joseph of the Pines Health Center in Southern Pines, NC. As he so loved interacting on this forum with all of you, I wanted to let you all know of his passing. Arrangements are still being made for a memorial service in his community in Southern Pines, and his internment at Quantico National Cemetery in Virginia, on the banks of the Potomac River upon which he spent much of his formative years.

Born March 15, 1929, Theodore William Buschman, in Brooklyn, NY, to Theodore Winfield Buschman and Phyllis Daly Buschman at the beginning of the Great Depression, his family relocated about 10 years later to Alexandria, VA. The oldest of four, Jarhead is survived by his loving wife of 37 years, "Mrs. Jarhead", aka. Velma Siard Buschman... his youngest sister, Jane B. Reel (of Greenville, NC... his four children, Kathryn B. Hoover (Matthew), of Durham, NC... William G. Buschman, of Atlanta, GA... Robert D. Buschman (Peggy Amend), of Atlanta, GA... and me, Eric W. Buschman (aka. "BuschDevil")(Elizabeth), of Durham, NC... five grandchildren, Kira H., Christina B. & Jordan B., and Kelly B. Myers (Thomas) & Emily B., as well as countless nieces, nephews, grand nieces, grand nephews, and cousins. He was proceeded in death by his parents, and by his brother Richard Buschman and sister Dorothy B. Cooper.

Jarhead joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 1946, on his 17th birthday, leaving high school during the middle of his senior year, with his parents blessings, so long as he came back after his stint and went to college. Now a Sgt., upon returning home, he was granted his diploma on the basis of his exemplary grades, and was accepted to Duke University. Having stayed in the Reserves, he was recalled to active duty during his sophomore year and, following a special basic school at Quantico, he was made a Second Lt. and saw combat in the Korean War. He returned and completed his B.A. in Business Administration/Accounting in 1959 at Duke. Again, he remained in the Reserves, and again, he was recalled to active duty, seeing combat again in Vietnam. All told, he served 26 years in the U.S. Marine Corps and the Marine Corps Reserve, rising to the rank of Major. In his civilian career, he worked in telecommunications, computer systems, and internal auditing, and retired to Southern Pines, NC, from Alexandria, VA, for some well earned relaxation during which he played a lot of golf, attended every Duke home football game and watched every football and basketball game carried on TV, and he & Velma traveled the world and doted on their grandchildren. Jarhead was the smartest man I've ever known, and the most well read. He was universally loved and respected, and he will be missed, not only by his family and friends, but by the whole world. Men or women of his character, strength, heart, and mind come along so rarely. Rest in Peace, Dad/Jarhead.

p.s. Could one of the Admins please change my profile name from "BuschDevil" to "Son of Jarhead", in his honor??? Thanks in advance. -Eric

-Son of Jarhead

The poster formerly known as BuschDevil
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2022, 4:31 pm

I so loved visiting with Jarhead and Velma at our tailgates. He was so interesting to listen to, and he always had a kind word and a smile for everyone. My condolences to his family.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 30th, 2022, 8:56 am

What a full and inspiring life Ted lived. I am grateful that I had the honor of knowing him and spending time with him at tailgates.