DWBB 21-22

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: DWBB 21-22

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 2nd, 2022, 6:41 pm

WHEW! What a nightmare of a game today, until the team came alive in the 4th with great defense and solid offense. Survive and advance, as they say, but unless the 4th quarter team plays the whole game tomorrow, this will be a short lived celebration. :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Phredd3
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Phredd3 » March 3rd, 2022, 11:26 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
March 2nd, 2022, 6:41 pm
WHEW! What a nightmare of a game today, until the team came alive in the 4th with great defense and solid offense. Survive and advance, as they say, but unless the 4th quarter team plays the whole game tomorrow, this will be a short lived celebration. :wizard:
Personally, I think third quarter Duke was better than fourth quarter Duke. But, yes, I'd rather have that fire and energy we saw in the second half than how we started. Miami is a good team, and they will have a whole different post game than Pitt did. This will definitely be a test. We must start strong and force some action on offense. Unless we shoot lights out from three (which this team hasn't done much this year), we're going to need to draw some fouls and mix it up a little. I hope we can create the opportunity to run! 12 points (about 20% of our total) came off the fast break in Miami. We're going to need to do that again. We only scored six points on the break yesterday. Let's play with aggressiveness and fire!

:humantorch: :humantorch: :humantorch:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 3rd, 2022, 8:10 pm

They played better for three quarters, but unfortunately not four. :(
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » March 3rd, 2022, 11:01 pm

March 3rd, 2022, 8:10 pm
They stopped playing up tempo. Miami beat us in the half court. We needed to push tempo all game and we just kind wore out as the game went on. It would help in the half court a lot if we had even one capable post player. It would also help if we didn't have four different players turning the ball over four or more times each.

On to the NIT (I hope).
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 4th, 2022, 9:25 am

Phredd3 wrote:
March 3rd, 2022, 11:01 pm
They stopped playing up tempo. Miami beat us in the half court. We needed to push tempo all game and we just kind wore out as the game went on. It would help in the half court a lot if we had even one capable post player. It would also help if we didn't have four different players turning the ball over four or more times each.

On to the NIT (I hope).
I wonder if they'll keep practicing.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » March 4th, 2022, 1:57 pm

March 4th, 2022, 9:25 am
Phredd3 wrote:
March 3rd, 2022, 11:01 pm

On to the NIT (I hope).
I wonder if they'll keep practicing.
My guess would be that it depends on whether or not they accept the NIT bid. If not, she might hold limited sessions with the returning players, but likely more skills works and setting up the structure for the off-season, rather than true practice. I strongly doubt that Kara would squander any allowed contact time, though.