GT @ Duke. 12:00PM KO. Menu & Attendance

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

GT @ Duke. 12:00PM KO. Menu & Attendance

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 21st, 2015, 9:14 am

A couple of housekeeping notes:
First off, we understand that early KOs are a PITA- for everybody.

However, last weekend we encountered what we refer to as a "Airborne Drop", meaning that everyone showed up- all at once. When it's an en masse arrival (especially when the attendance is greater than expected), it taxes our abilities, and it makes a smooth and timely delivery of food nearly impossible. (Mad props to Piper and Shriya for being amazing kitchen helpers! They saved our sanity!)

Think about like this- it feels weird to start grilling six kilos (13 pounds) of wings and three dozen ABTs when there are six people (four of which are the cooks) at our tent. We're preparing the food in courses (Appetizers, Main and, Dessert) and would prefer to serve in that order so that everything is "fresh". When we post that we'll try to serve the "main course(s) at "XX:XX am/pm" that's to let folks know they'll have time to enjoy their meal before rolling into Wallace Wade, not a suggested arrival time. X(

We'll shoulder some of the responsibility for last week since our schedules prevented us from posting the M&A until Wednesday and, the "short-order" menu also added to the difficulty. It's our hope a more timely posting will help us have a more accurate count this game. :)

Also, Duke has done a wonderful job of providing us with trash cans, recycle & compost bins along with plenty of bags to contain these items in their attempt to make Duke Game Day a "Zero Waste" day. Unfortunately, all these items do not yet come with a robot to fill themselves and both Chris and I had to do a ton of clean up after the tailgate; we request that everyone try to make better use of the bins when they finish with their plates and beverages. Our campus is beautiful, let's do our part to keep it that way. :D

Lastly, some store-bought items have begun to trickle back onto the food tables and, eventually, into the hands of the Duke Clean-up crews. Listen, we understand that some folks are uncomfortable with showing up "empty handed". Completely understandable but, unless you and your crew are going to eat the item(s), it's a better than average bet it won't get consumed (by our crew) so, just don't do it, drop that $5-$10 (extra) into the "Tip Jar" where it will fruitfully multiply and generate Good Eats later on in the season!

TBCC (+4) :
Appetizers:
Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Nut Bread, Coffee cake, Blueberry muffins, Butter-Pecan Kringle, Cinnamon-Apple Twist Bread, Sausage-Cheese balls, ABTs;
Main courses:
Apple-Sausage French toast casserole, Spiced sausage & egg strata, Bacon-Molasses Sausage; Bacon;

Desserts:
Espresso cups

Drinks:
SBMs, Mimosas (honestly), Water & Iced tea.

VDB :
CathyCA (+2) :$ for TNT's shorts
LG (+1) :$ and cheering for Cathy's mom
Bob Green (+6): $
dpslaw (+1) :Buns and Bucks
Devildeac (+1) :$, maybe a fruit salad
Ozzie (+1) :$, maybe a fruit salad (it's an echo!)

Total Attendance = 25
Last edited by CameronBornAndBred on September 22nd, 2015, 11:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Making it official.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: GT @ Duke. 12:00PM KO. Menu & Attendance

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 21st, 2015, 10:59 am

I will be there. I like the menus! What's new about that, I always do. You guys are tops. CB& B-) , thanks for mentioning the recycle/compost and trash containers. Recycling and compost is something we have done for years. It's so important for our environment. If everyone will try and do their part, cleanup will be easier. Please everyone, help CB& B-) and TNT. They still have a lot of clean up not including "picking up".
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 21st, 2015, 4:52 pm

Saturday's menu was one of the best yet. Thank you, cooks! MyMama keeps talking about how those hot dogs were the best she has ever eaten. I loved my cheeseburger, and I'm wondering what the special ingredient was in it. Jon adored the ABTs.

There will be 3 of us again this Saturday: MyMama, Jon the Methodist and me. We will bring $60.

I'm looking forward to the espresso bean cups and the mimosas!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 21st, 2015, 5:01 pm

CathyCA wrote:Saturday's menu was one of the best yet. Thank you, cooks! MyMama keeps talking about how those hot dogs were the best she has ever eaten. I loved my cheeseburger, and I'm wondering what the special ingredient was in it. Jon adored the ABTs.

There will be 3 of us again this Saturday: MyMama, Jon the Methodist and me. We will bring $60.

I'm looking forward to the espresso bean cups and the mimosas!
Is your mama gonna put caish in TNT's shorts? I missed the show last week.

Two lawgrads with green encouragement. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » September 21st, 2015, 7:48 pm

Bob Green +6. In addition to Flora, Janice and Zeke, my friend Tom Farrelly, his wife Cisco and son Jack will attend. We will feed the tip jar.
dpslaw
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by dpslaw » September 21st, 2015, 10:18 pm

Just Tom and I this week. I'll bring footlong buns, and we'll feed the tip jar. I'm not sure what we will bring for trading and/or tasting.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 21st, 2015, 10:55 pm

I'll start out with 2 devildeacs, but then again, I lied last week :ymblushing: . Cheerleader daughter and dukediv2011/2012/2013 may join us or they may partake of the free food for former players (managers are considered former players and get lifetime All Access passes and invites to the pre-game meals with the FB parents). Will bring a few traders if anyone else is interested and also a couple bombers to share as I'd bet our daughter and her husband join us for a few sips. Comestible contribution TBD. Certainly some $$. Perhaps a fruit salad and a poncho/umbrella :p .

CB&B/AW/dpslaw/anyone else who's interested-wanna have a theme or a free-for-all? I'm up for either.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 22nd, 2015, 5:36 am

Ozzie +1. I don't know what we're bringing, maybe a fruit salad. Plus cash. We'll be there before 9:30 for the Devil Walk. And we'll be hungry! When aren't I? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 22nd, 2015, 12:45 pm

devildeac wrote:I'll start out with 2 devildeacs, but then again, I lied last week :ymblushing: . Cheerleader daughter and dukediv2011/2012/2013 may join us or they may partake of the free food for former players (managers are considered former players and get lifetime All Access passes and invites to the pre-game meals with the FB parents). Will bring a few traders if anyone else is interested and also a couple bombers to share as I'd bet our daughter and her husband join us for a few sips. Comestible contribution TBD. Certainly some $$. Perhaps a fruit salad and a poncho/umbrella :p .

CB&B/AW/dpslaw/anyone else who's interested-wanna have a theme or a free-for-all? I'm up for either.
Body count: 2 (Our 2 guests will eat with the players' families and will stop by to say hello and for a small dessert. They will also bring an adult beverage to share and will taste from the beer tasting selection.)

Comestible: still TBD
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 22nd, 2015, 7:33 pm

If its raining., I'm not coming. :(
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » September 22nd, 2015, 9:52 pm

Me and UncleBill and The Dudes. We will chip in $$.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 23rd, 2015, 4:13 pm

If it rains, we're not going to go to the game, I think. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » September 23rd, 2015, 5:02 pm

Have poncho, will travel! Current forecast says 90% chance of rain with a high temperature of 69 degrees. Lots of clouds all over the place:

Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 23rd, 2015, 5:11 pm

Cheermom +2. Will bring a sausage/baconless dish TBD and maybe salad.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 23rd, 2015, 5:33 pm

Latest forecast from Greg Fishel is less rain on Saturday than originally expected.

The last game I almost didn't go to because of forecast rain was the Clemson game in 1989, where coach Spurrier said we had no business being on the field with them. Randy Cuthbert thought differently and literally half the Clemson defense into the endzone while scoring the winning touchdown!

Y'all need to man or woman up and come to the game! A little rain be damned. The team needs us there. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 23rd, 2015, 5:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Latest forecast from Greg Fishel is less rain on Saturday than originally expected.

The last game I almost didn't go to because of forecast rain was the Clemson game in 1989, where coach Spurrier said we had no business being on the field with them. Randy Cuthbert thought differently and literally half the Clemson defense into the endzone while scoring the winning touchdown!

Y'all need to man or woman up and come to the game! A little rain be damned. The team needs us there. :9f:

I'm not completely convinced that it's a good idea to bring an 81 year old woman to a rainy Wally Wade.

~ James Naismith
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 23rd, 2015, 10:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Latest forecast from Greg Fishel is less rain on Saturday than originally expected.

LOL. Must be something about rain... I may not go in these days but, I sat through, and yes, tailgated (Filet Mignon Tacos), during the day-long deluge that wound-up seeing us beat ECU to end our 22 game losing streak.

Last time the threat of rain was predicted (NCCU '15), it did rain. Everywhere but Wallace Wade. Weird.

This post isn't to chastise or goad anyone into attending. Just commenting how sometimes...great things happen in less than favorable conditions.

WRAL has updated the forecast...100% chance of SBMs. :))

Peace, hope to see you Saturday.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 23rd, 2015, 10:10 pm

CathyCA wrote:

I'm not completely convinced that it's a good idea to bring an 81 year old woman to a rainy Wally Wade.

I was there also, Oz. I sat through the whole game and was glad I did. I'm 26 years older. Not doing it again and I don't feel guilty. I'll be watching the game om TV. :)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2015, 10:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:

TNTDevil will umm, keep her "entertained" under the tent, I'd bet.

We've decided. We'll commit to a fruit salad. And $$.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 24th, 2015, 10:29 am

Grad Devil from OY (Marty) and his wife (Sarah) will join us. They're travelling from Asheville and will bring $$ and likely a beer or two for tasting/sharing. I warned them about TNTDevil and Cathy's Mama if she attends. :-*