Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

NCCU @ Duke. Home Opener! 6PM KO. Menu & Attendance

Post by TNTDevil » September 6th, 2015, 11:41 am

FINALLY! FOOTBALL!

Ahhh yes. Duke Football! New QB. "New" stadium. New season. And, we're already 1-0 with an impressive Road win @ Tulane!

So...a good ol' football game on a lovely September evening deserves a good, solid tailgate. And solid is what we're gonna deliver...

Most of you know the drill but, for those of you just joining us, let me 'splain the basics:
  • This thread is where you can inform others of your intentions to attend and with how many guests. You can also post here if you would like to contribute a dish (or dishes) to the gastronomic orgy which is the TBCC tailgate or, just take the simple route and generously feed the Tip Jar. :Clap:
  • Please, only post items you're bringing to share. If you're just bringing beverages and/or food for you and your party then there's no need to post that in this thread.
  • Because we need to insure we're bringing/preparing enough food for all whom attend, if your plan is to just donate $, please make your intentions (and the number in your party) known as soon as possible.
  • If you are bringing food that needs "grill time" (i.e. to be reheated/cooked), make that information known in your post.
...Okay, back to the NCCU game- For this tailgate we’re gonna’ try to serve the main courses around 3:30-4pm. Of course, they'll be stuff to eat from around mid-day forward, as you can see below, so come early and stay late-- we do!

Weather: At time of this posting 84 (29C) with a chance of showers. If you come early (which is suggested), don't forget the sunscreen and offerings for the low-humidity shrine. (Ed. Note: This one is lining up to be one sweet tailgate if the weather holds and the humidity stays in check.)

As always I'll keep updating this post with more weather and attendance information as we move through the week.

TBCC (+?)
Lunch/Appetizers: ABTs, Wings, Mexican Cheese Dip* (Queso Blanco) & Chips, Costcos;
Main Course: 60+lb pig, grilled chicken breasts, Spaghetti in Spicy Garlic Oil*;
Sides: Baked beans, Bacon Ranch Potato Salad*, Cole slaw*;
Desserts: Oatmeal Raisin Bars, Brownies, Chocolate Chip cookies, Brown Sugar cookies, Fruit Cobblers;
Beverages: Iced Tea, Water, SBMs*
(*Vegetarian)

Total attendees= 41
Last edited by TNTDevil on September 11th, 2015, 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Update the count
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NCCU @ Duke. Home Opener! 6PM KO. Menu & Attendance

Post by Bob Green » September 6th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Bob Green +5: Flora (wife), Grover (dad), Janice (daughter), Zeke (grandson) and Mark (Nephew). We will bring a pepperoni, cheese and cracker platter plus generously feed the tip jar.

Roast pig and baked beans at Tailgate #1 is great news!!! :-BD
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2015, 4:41 pm

Ozzie +1. I've already bought the Costco's - TNT, are you also bringing Costco's separately or anticipating these? We're also bringing coconut cupcakes. Do we need to bring buns? Ketchup/mustard/relish - do you have them?

Can hardly wait! LGD! GTHc! :9f:

TNT - I mailed you the Card Gym parking pass and Chris's drop of pass yesterday. You should get them in Tuesday's mail. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Because we need to insure we're bringing/preparing enough food for all whom attend, if your plan is to just donate $, please make your intentions (and the number in your party) known as soon as possible.
It is anticipated that all members and guests contribute at least $10 per person to the jar, even if you're bring food to share. This covers the cost of the food for the this tailgate, which TNT and CB&B have already put out the money for. They provide their grills, skills and labor out of their love of Duke football and tailgating, but are not footing the monetary bill for the expenses.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Unclebill
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Unclebill » September 6th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Party of Four: gadzooks and I will be there with two kids (9 y.o.) and since we are driving in from Atlanta that morning we will be tipping generously.
Class of Chris Moreland and NDPOY Billy King
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » September 7th, 2015, 8:42 am

Oh how I wish there wasn't 1000 miles between home and Duke! :(
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2015, 9:32 am

Party of 2 for us bringing a couple Hamiltons and Mrs. dd's almost-famous-by-now corn casserole that can be reheated or served at ambient temps. It'll serve at least 10-12 unless Ozzie gets to it first, then all bets are off :p .

Attn: AW (August West, not the root beer folks) and dpslaw-beer tasting and/or trading?

Of course any other interested parties are hoppily invited to the tasting table, too.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 7th, 2015, 7:43 pm

I know I'm coming. Bud is having cataract surgery Thursday so it will depend on how he feels.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Vibes for Bud!

The lawgrads will be playing this week by ear. I don't get my splint/cast/whatever off til Monday and don't know how I will feel. If we do appear, right handed me will bring dead Presidents. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Mabbruz

Post by Mabbruz » September 7th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Jim and Marie (2) will be attending for the first time. We are friends of Cheermom. We won't be bringing a dish but will be contributing generously. Looking forward to it.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Mabbruz wrote:Jim and Marie (2) will be attending for the first time. We are friends of Cheermom. We won't be bringing a dish but will be contributing generously. Looking forward to it.
Welcome!
Iron Duke #1471997.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » September 8th, 2015, 10:14 am

At this point, it looks like just Tom and I. If we have guests, I'll let you know. I'm bringing footlong hotdog buns, plus some Founders Black Rye and Uinta Punk'n for trading. Tom is bringing a bomber of Southern Tier Chocklat Oranj for tasting.

We'll feed the tip jar appropriately.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2015, 12:15 pm

dpslaw wrote:At this point, it looks like just Tom and I. If we have guests, I'll let you know. I'm bringing footlong hotdog buns, plus some Founders Black Rye and Uinta Punk'n for trading. Tom is bringing a bomber of Southern Tier Chocklat Oranj for tasting.

We'll feed the tip jar appropriately.
Excellent on attendance, trading and sharing frontiers. I'll have several to trade with interested parties and 1-2 bombers or 750 ml bottles for sharing.

Assuming you still want our 2nd pair of tix for the season, sir? ;)
allen

Post by allen » September 8th, 2015, 4:46 pm

allen, The Lovely Mrs. Murray, wolfpackdevil, and a friend of wolfpackdevil will all be present for the tailgate.

16 year old dtraindan will arrive late - being the only responsible person in the family the will be arriving after he gets off work (work? really, a job?); maybe just in time for the kickoff.

So, 4 for the tailgate.

We will bring money to feed the jar. I will also bring some shrimp (cold) with a black bean/corn/pico de gallo salsa.
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 8th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Mabbruz wrote:Jim and Marie (2) will be attending for the first time. We are friends of Cheermom. We won't be bringing a dish but will be contributing generously. Looking forward to it.
Right on! Friends with Cheermom, eh? Well...we'll overlook that for now and let you guys hang-out. :))

Welcome! Looking forward!
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 10th, 2015, 12:41 am

Just cheermom for the opening game. I will bring an appetizer of stuffed grape leaves because I have them and my usual salad.
zbjs

Post by zbjs » September 10th, 2015, 8:27 am

Another friend of Cheermom here. Two of us (Zena and Ben) will be attending. We are looking forward to it and will be donating (generously of course).
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 10th, 2015, 11:05 am

zbjs wrote:Another friend of Cheermom here. Two of us (Zena and Ben) will be attending. We are looking forward to it and will be donating (generously of course).
Wait, Cheermom said it was just her so you can't come :ymblushing: .

(kidding, kidding)

Look forward to meeting both of you. :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 10th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Jon the Methodist has a graveside funeral at 2:00 on Saturday. My Mama just got home from Croatia and she is tired. Also, it is going to rain. We're not particularly excited about driving 2 hours, then walking through puddles and sitting through the rain to watch Duke play NCCU. So, we won't be there this week unless something drastic happens.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Crazier than thou
PW in training
PW in training

Post by Crazier than thou » September 10th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Art will attend, Debbie's at the beach. Might bring a few guests--will update this message as soon as possible. Will bring cash-ola for the jar.