vibes request for my friend

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

shereec
PWing School Professor

vibes request for my friend

Post by shereec » October 3rd, 2014, 11:06 pm

We are in nags head to pick up our husbands at the end of their week long bicycle event from the mountains to thecoast. My friend starts to feel bad this afternoon and long story short, she has a bowel obstruction and will have surgery tonight. Thank goodness other friends are here with us. Luckily today's stop was close by in manteo so I got the guys picked up one day early and now some of us are at the hospital and some at the house with thedog waiting for news.any vibes for good results are appreciated.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: vibes request for my friend

Post by YmoBeThere » October 3rd, 2014, 11:15 pm

Vibes from South Central Texas on a successful procedure for your friend.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 4th, 2014, 12:21 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I hope your friend's surgery goes well and recovery is fast.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 4th, 2014, 3:13 am

Vibes from Kansas. :wizard:
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 4th, 2014, 8:31 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibes from the Sunshine state (where sunshine has been lacking lately)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2014, 8:43 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: from the Gulf Coast of TX.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 4th, 2014, 9:14 am

Well, for Heaven's sake!!!! This is awful! I'm late getting your news but sending extra vibes to make up for it!!! I hope by now you've all learned that the surgery was a success and that she's well on her way to a full recovery! Fill us in when you get a chance. What hospital did you end up in and where the heck are you!

The only up side to this is the fact that your companion had a cool headed, smart and compassionate buddy with her to handle things. Remind me to take you with me on all trips from now on!!! ^:)^
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 4th, 2014, 11:28 am

Mega vibes rolling in from Emerald Isle. Bowel obstructions are horribly scarey.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 4th, 2014, 11:35 am

I'm late too. Vibes that things went well in surgery and your friend is on the mend soon.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 4th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Somehow I missed this before, but vibes from central NC. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 4th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Thank you all!! I think your vibes did it again! It looks like surgery was successful - the doctor cleaned out the scar tissue and also repaired a hernia just above the obstruction.

We had to check out of our cottage by 10 this morning (couldn't extend because it's rented again this afternoon). That was a challenge because she didn't get into surgery until after 11:oopm and we didn't get to bed until after 2, but we managed. We divided and conquered; one couple took their dog home to take care of, and John and I brought all the bicycle stuff and luggage home for them. She will probably be there for another several days (you can't leave the hospital until everything proves it can move on its own, you know...), but her husband is staying and we're all on standby to help with transport when necessary. We had a good visit with them before heading out of town. Her husband thinks she might have to stay 4-5 days and she stated emphatically "NO" before falling back to sleep (bless her heart), but the doctor hadn't been through yet when we left about noon. We will get an update this evening. We tried to stay and they wouldn't have it. We will keep the home fires burning instead.

She is at Outer Banks Hospital in Nags Head. It looks like a pretty new facility and the biggest issue was how long she had to wait before being seen - it turns out she had to get in line behind a ruptured appendix. Yikes!! I'm just grateful this didn't happen last weekend when we dropped the guys off in the mountains. They started from Sparta but we were staying in Galax, Va - I have no idea how far we would have had to go to get to a hospital.

Thanks again - you are all the best!!
:ymhug:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 4th, 2014, 7:32 pm

shereec wrote:Thank you all!! I think your vibes did it again! It looks like surgery was successful - the doctor cleaned out the scar tissue and also repaired a hernia just above the obstruction.

We had to check out of our cottage by 10 this morning (couldn't extend because it's rented again this afternoon). That was a challenge because she didn't get into surgery until after 11:oopm and we didn't get to bed until after 2, but we managed. We divided and conquered; one couple took their dog home to take care of, and John and I brought all the bicycle stuff and luggage home for them. She will probably be there for another several days (you can't leave the hospital until everything proves it can move on its own, you know...), but her husband is staying and we're all on standby to help with transport when necessary. We had a good visit with them before heading out of town. Her husband thinks she might have to stay 4-5 days and she stated emphatically "NO" before falling back to sleep (bless her heart), but the doctor hadn't been through yet when we left about noon. We will get an update this evening. We tried to stay and they wouldn't have it. We will keep the home fires burning instead.

She is at Outer Banks Hospital in Nags Head. It looks like a pretty new facility and the biggest issue was how long she had to wait before being seen - it turns out she had to get in line behind a ruptured appendix. Yikes!! I'm just grateful this didn't happen last weekend when we dropped the guys off in the mountains. They started from Sparta but we were staying in Galax, Va - I have no idea how far we would have had to go to get to a hospital.

Thanks again - you are all the best!!
:ymhug:
Thank you for the update, Sheree. Glad surgery went well.

Vibes for a speedy recovery and hope your friend gets to come home soon.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm

That's very good news. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 9th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Remind me to put YOU on my emergency call list, Shereec! You were awesome in what could have been a most panicky situation for most of us. Kept your head and managed everything. You rock! Hugs to your buddy and more vibes that her recovery continues without a hitch!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2014, 4:53 pm

I'm really late seeing this. I guess I've been away from the internet for a long time.

I'm glad your friend is doing well now. I'm sending continued healing vibes!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 14th, 2014, 5:54 am

Thanks! She is doing quite well. I think the fact that they got to go home was its own batch of healing vibes!!