Any Recomendations For Shipping Companies (US to Canada)?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Any Recomendations For Shipping Companies (US to Canada)?

Post by colchar » October 18th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Hey everyone!

I need some info that I am hoping someone here might have.

I've got a guitar that I want to trade with someone who lives in California (I know him from another forum). Basically I would be sending him one that I own and he would be sending me one that he owns. Since they are both of equal value we are doing a straight trade and all either of us will be paying is for shipping. Since I have been off of work for so long due to that health issue I am hoping to keep the shipping costs down as much as I can and it seems like I can send my guitar down to him for roughly $65-$75.

But I am also hoping to keep shipping costs down on his end otherwise it might not be cost effective to do the deal. And since I am not familiar with shipping companies in the US, I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a reliable but inexpensive company that he could use to ship the guitar to me up here in Canada? He will obviously do some checking himself but he is out of town for work at the moment so I figured I should start checking things out myself while waiting for him to return.

One company that is out of the question is UPS as they are an absolute ripoff when it comes to bringing stuff into Canada. They charge brokerage fees, etc. that are ridiculous so we will not be using them.

So...can anyone here recommend a shipping company for me?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Any Recomendations For Shipping Companies (US to Canada)

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 18th, 2013, 11:47 pm

FedEx? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Any Recomendations For Shipping Companies (US to Canada)

Post by colchar » October 19th, 2013, 1:57 am

Sorry...I should have been more specific. I am looking for smaller, but still reliable, courier services. We have several up here and their prices are usually better than Fedex, Purolator, and UPS so I was hoping you folks might know of smaller companies down there in the US.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------