Duke vs. Miami 11/24 12:30 kickoff - M&A thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Duke vs. Miami 11/24 12:30 kickoff - M&A thread

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 19th, 2012, 12:54 am

With the first early home kickoff of the season (and the last!), I've shifted focus to a more breakfast/brunch oriented menu. The tent will purchase 3 dozen Bojangles biscuits of various configurations. I plan to pick these up locally (Hillsborough Rd) before 9:45 and have them at the tent before 10. Cheermom is planning to bring her fabulous egg strata, and perhaps some additional goodies. Mrs. devildeac will be providing a cranberry compote that is to die for. DukePA will be bringing a bushel of oysters that the Omega's will be cooking for both groups. We're funding half so be sure to eat your share! Y'all can repost these items below and make any corrections to errors I've made.

Grill capacity will be limited to Cowboy's grill on our side and borrowing space from the Omega's. But if you bring something to be grilled or heated (like Cheermom's strata), we'll figure it out. Because of the early kickoff time, I squelched the idea of NY Strip steak sandwiches, like we've done the last couple of years.

This will be a traditional tailgate where everyone is expected to bring a food (or beverage) contribution. If you absolutely can't bring food, your cash contribution to our funds will be accepted. Please see me. Don't know if we'll have a jar to put your money in.

Ozzie (1).

CB&B (+3); Brews, Donuts

Dpslaw (+1); Bagels

Cheermom (+3); egg strata, smoked salmon, coffee cake?

VDB (+3 maybe);

DukePA (+1); oysters

Devildeac (+5); cranberry/apple crisp/compote, weird baconized beer

CowboyDevil (+3); tacos

Chipslate (+1);

Bob Green (+3);

Total count = 31ish
Last edited by CameronBornAndBred on November 20th, 2012, 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected egg strata. Fritata - sheesh!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Duke vs. Miami 11/24 12:30 kickoff - M&A thread

Post by Bob Green » November 19th, 2012, 6:23 am

Bob Green +3. My wife, daughter and grandson will accompany me. With the early kick-off, we will be a late arrival as we will be driving down from Norfolk Saturday morning.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 19th, 2012, 3:43 pm

The devildeacs will bring a large cranberry/apple crisp/compote. I think we'll have daughter #1 and spouse, devildeac 2.0 and spouse, CLD and spouse (aka dukediv2011/12/13) for a total of 8. We'll watch the thread as the week goes by to see what else we need to contribute. Oh, this should make the trip, too. Finally.

http://www.rogue.com/beers/voodoo-bacon-maple.php
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » November 19th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Hello fellow TailGaters,

The TBCC will need to put forth a solid effort to bring this regular season to a rousing and victorious end. Come early, be loud, and "stay until the game is over (if you can)". I will be there early (8'ish), with grill and utensils, I will do my taco bar for lunch/ half time.

Group includes: CowboyDevil, Daughters 1 and 2, plus 1. For a total of 4.

Hope you all have a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Go Duke!!! GTHc...GTH!!! :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 19th, 2012, 10:23 pm

devildeac wrote:The devildeacs will bring a large cranberry/apple crisp/compote. I think we'll have daughter #1 and spouse, devildeac 2.0 and spouse, CLD and spouse (aka dukediv2011/12/13) for a total of 8. We'll watch the thread as the week goes by to see what else we need to contribute. Oh, this should make the trip, too. Finally.

The devildeacs will only be a party of 6 as we only have our 4 tix and the season passes CLD and dukediv have for themselves. So, daughter #1 and husband will be staying at home watching the uncheaters or some other college FB game/s.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 19th, 2012, 10:24 pm

devildeac wrote:The devildeacs will bring a large cranberry/apple crisp/compote. I think we'll have daughter #1 and spouse, devildeac 2.0 and spouse, CLD and spouse (aka dukediv2011/12/13) for a total of 8. We'll watch the thread as the week goes by to see what else we need to contribute. Oh, this should make the trip, too. Finally.

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2012, 10:36 pm

I'm not sure how many will come with me. My cousin, Judy and Paul, from Va. Beach, are coming for Thanksgiving and might come to the game. I do know, Max is coming with DukePA. I will update as soon as I have #S.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
chipslate
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by chipslate » November 20th, 2012, 6:57 am

TigerDevil and myself will be there in time for kickoff but it's doubtful we'll be able to enjoy the tailgate due to driving up from Charleston, SC, for the game. We will certainly come see you all at halftime and we're still cracking up at Oz telling Nate James in front of a crowded room, "Nate, you're still a badass!" :ymapplause:

-Chip
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » November 20th, 2012, 8:57 am

Cheemom +3 family members. Still waiting for count from cheer parents and will update numbers later. I will bring an egg strata and a smoked salmon platter. CCB - We need bagels so if you do not think you will get them, let me know and I can definitely pick some up. Cheerdaughter is still looking through her cookbook and may get inspired to make some kind of breakfast bread/coffee cake or perhaps an appetizer.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 20th, 2012, 9:30 am

We will probably watch from the comfort of the couch this week. Mom will be in town and even with a ride from our parking lot to the stadium, it would be too much for her. (Plus, I can't guarantee she wouldn't run over someone from the u with her walker).
Iron Duke #1471997.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » November 20th, 2012, 11:38 am

Chris, I'll do bagels if you'll do doughnuts (or vice versa). But who's doing the coffee?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 20th, 2012, 11:42 am

dpslaw wrote:Chris, I'll do bagels if you'll do doughnuts (or vice versa). But who's doing the coffee?
Deal on the bagels. Julie and I will grab the doughnuts.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TigerDevil
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by TigerDevil » November 20th, 2012, 3:10 pm

chipslate wrote:TigerDevil and myself will be there in time for kickoff but it's doubtful we'll be able to enjoy the tailgate due to driving up from Charleston, SC, for the game. We will certainly come see you all at halftime and we're still cracking up at Oz telling Nate James in front of a crowded room, "Nate, you're still a badass!" :ymapplause:

-Chip
If we make it in time for pregame, we will bring some sort of breakfast/brunch cocktail. LGD!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 20th, 2012, 3:17 pm

TigerDevil wrote:
chipslate wrote:TigerDevil and myself will be there in time for kickoff but it's doubtful we'll be able to enjoy the tailgate due to driving up from Charleston, SC, for the game. We will certainly come see you all at halftime and we're still cracking up at Oz telling Nate James in front of a crowded room, "Nate, you're still a badass!" :ymapplause:

-Chip
If we make it in time for pregame, we will bring some sort of breakfast/brunch cocktail. LGD!
There's a real simple solution - leave earlier! And I'm only partly kidding, because it works! ;)

Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » November 20th, 2012, 11:49 pm

With the cheer parents that I have heard from so far, our total is now cheermom +15. In addition to the items that are already listed, our cheer parents will bring a couple of brunch-type casseroles, Bloody Mary's, water, and soda.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 21st, 2012, 9:12 am

Mom and I will be there, but I'm not sure how early we'll get there. Can I just give $$$ to someone?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 21st, 2012, 9:27 am

CathyCA wrote:Mom and I will be there, but I'm not sure how early we'll get there. Can I just give $$$ to someone?

:9f:
Me! B-)

Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » November 21st, 2012, 3:48 pm

In addition to the cheermom +15, we may have one more cheer family of 3. If they come they will bring either a dish or $$$. Please add to my contributions - turkey link sausages and roasted potatoes. We will bring them already warm.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 21st, 2012, 3:56 pm

Cheermom wrote:In addition to the cheermom +15, we may have one more cheer family of 3. If they come they will bring either a dish or $$$. Please add to my contributions - turkey link sausages and roasted potatoes. We will bring them already warm.
Our biggest recruiting game of the year, and 2/3's of our first cooking team is AWOL. I think I'll get 4 dozen biscuits.

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 21st, 2012, 5:52 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Cheermom wrote:In addition to the cheermom +15, we may have one more cheer family of 3. If they come they will bring either a dish or $$$. Please add to my contributions - turkey link sausages and roasted potatoes. We will bring them already warm.
Our biggest recruiting game of the year, and 2/3's of our first cooking team is AWOL. I think I'll get 4 dozen biscuits.
Excuse me, I believe there are 4 of us, dude, and 3/4 will be present :tease: