Memphis @ Duke, 22-Sept. 6:00PM. M&A Thread.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Memphis @ Duke, 22-Sept. 6:00PM. M&A Thread.

Post by TNTDevil » September 18th, 2012, 8:03 am

Alright! The Devils' march to bowl eligibility continues! Next up: Memphis and I look forward to the Devils taming those Tigers! And, because it's Memphis- that means 'cue!

Also, a big "Thank you" to everybody in the Crew and your guests for doing a great job of leaving the soulless stuff behind. The first two tailgates have seen us with practically no wasted food (with the exception of some self-perpetuating hot-dog buns last week :D ).

With the 6PM kick-off we’re gonna’ try to serve the main courses around 4pm. Of course, they'll be stuff to eat all day long- as you can see below, we'll have Brunch stuff, lunch stuff and dinner stuff!

Weather: Right now, it's looking to be very similar to last Saturday- 29C (85F) with a chance of a late day thunderstorm.

TBCC- (+9):
Raisin & Nut Cinnamon Swirl bread;
Bruchetta with Italian bread, BBQed wings;
Pulled Pork, Pork Ribs, Beef Ribs, Grilled shrimp;
Baked beans, Cole slaw, Spaghetti in spicy garlic sauce;
Peanut-butter sandwich cookies, Dark Chocolate Cupcakes, Blackberry cobbler, Deep-dish Caramel Apple pie;
Iced tea, water, Mimosas and Spicy Bloody Marys.

Bob Green- (+3):
Kaysh- sweet, sweet cash!
12 pack of mystery brews.

LawGradS:
Mystery brews with various flavors... :-\

CathyCA- (+2):
Cash- all in one dollar bills. :D

Allen Murray's protégées- (+Dad):
Ca$h. (And complete copies of AM's PowerPoint presentation to the head-shrinkers.)

30Scheyer- (+4ish):
Corn muffins;
Brownies;
Beverages.

OZZIE:
Costcos! (IT'S A TAILGATE!)

Cheermom (+5).
Veggie tray, fruit salad, pasta/grilled veggies, very cool bracelets, cash

DevilDeac (+4ish)
Corn; onion, green and red pepper relish/salad (think Red, Hot & Blue side dish), peanut butter chocolate chip brownies.

Total Attendees=40ish

Menu overview:
Breakfast items: Raisin & Nut Cinnamon Swirl bread;
Appetizer stuff: Bruchetta with Italian bread, BBQed & Hot wings, Costcos;
Main courses: Pulled pork, pork ribs, beef ribs;
Sides: Baked beans, spaghetti in spicy garlic sauce, Bacon-Ranch potato salad, Cole Slaw, pepper relish/salad;
Desserts: Peanut-butter sandwich cookies, Dark chocolate cupcakes, Blackberry cobbler, Deep-dish Caramel Apple pie, Brownies, Peanut-butter chocolate chip brownies;
Misc: Corn muffins
Drinks: Mimosas, Spicy Bloody Marys, Various beers, Iced tea, water.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Memphis @ Duke, 22-Sept. 6:00PM. M&A Thread.

Post by Bob Green » September 18th, 2012, 5:07 pm

I will be attending with my wife, daughter and grandson so it is Bob Green +3. I'll donate cash this week and a 12 pack of brews. My favorite daughter will kick in some hard lemonade.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 18th, 2012, 7:39 pm

DukePA and possibly +1
mimosa fixings and the previously mentioned pork and beef ribs.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 18th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Two Lawgrads bearing dead presidents and a cooler of who knows what. Last week it was Gatorade, Coke and a six pack of something with pumpkin in it (now you see why I don't post on the "Ymm, beer" thread). I expect something similar but hopefully a better six pack or even a 12.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 19th, 2012, 6:59 am

CathyCA +2

Mom will get TNTDevil to do his famous lap dance, and she will reward him with cash stuffed down his g-string.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
allen

Post by allen » September 19th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Saturday will mark the return of Wolfpackpacerdevil accompianed by his younger brother D-Train Dan. They will bring some cash supplied by Allen. I will be spending the day with 100 or so psychologists (no, I'm not that crazy, I'm presenting atthe NC Psychological Assosiations Fall Confernece on the topic of Special Education Services in Public Schools - boooooring). I probably will not arrive until right at 6:00. Maybe I'll get there early enough to grab a sandwich on my way in (if not I'll certainly see folks at the tent at half-time).

So, Allen +2. No food - only cash.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 19th, 2012, 5:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Two Lawgrads bearing dead presidents and a cooler of who knows what. Last week it was Gatorade, Coke and a six pack of something with pumpkin in it (now you see why I don't post on the "Ymm, beer" thread). I expect something similar but hopefully a better six pack or even a 12.
I'm available for suggestions. No lap dancing. No provocative undergarments. Just suggestions (about beer, of course).
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
30scheyer
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by 30scheyer » September 19th, 2012, 8:42 pm

30scheyer plus 4 or 5
We will bring corn muffins, brownies, and beverages.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 19th, 2012, 8:48 pm

I'll be back from Vegas on Friday and will bring some Costco's with me.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2012, 9:04 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Two Lawgrads bearing dead presidents and a cooler of who knows what. Last week it was Gatorade, Coke and a six pack of something with pumpkin in it (now you see why I don't post on the "Ymm, beer" thread). I expect something similar but hopefully a better six pack or even a 12.
I'm available for suggestions. No lap dancing. No provocative undergarments. Just suggestions (about beer, of course).
Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears. Well, maybe not as "all ears" as he was.

Usually, the quality of the beer depends on which lawgrad picks it up, the only child born to parents in their dotage and spoiled rotten, or the one of three who spent his young life as a missionary kid in Ghana, wearing clothes out of barrels and thinking any non-canned meat but chicken and goat was a delicacy.

I will attempt to win the race to the cooler this week.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 19th, 2012, 10:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears. Well, maybe not as "all ears" as he was.

Usually, the quality of the beer depends on which lawgrad picks it up, the only child born to parents in their dotage and spoiled rotten, or the one of three who spent his young life as a missionary kid in Ghana, wearing clothes out of barrels and thinking any non-canned meat but chicken and goat was a delicacy.

I will attempt to win the race to the cooler this week.
Samplers are always good for tasting and trading. I almost bought the Southern Tier sampler for last Saturday. Magic Hat or Saranac would be good choices, too. If Highlands has a sampler, that would be another solid selection.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 20th, 2012, 4:43 am

Cheermom +1. Will do the usual veggie tray and fruit salad. Still thinking about another side or appetizer, but do not have any inspirations yet. May have some other cheer parents/families coming and they would put cash in the jar. Hope to have firm numbers tonight.
allen

Post by allen » September 20th, 2012, 10:30 am

TNTDevil wrote: Allen Murray's protégées- (+Dad):
Ca$h. (And complete copies of AM's PowerPoint presentation to the head-shrinkers.)
I'll print out a copy. You can use it to get the grill started at the next tailgate.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 20th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Add 4 more people - the parents of two cheerleaders. The will donate cash for the cause and I am also going to make a pasta and grilled vegetable dish in addition to the previously listed veggie tray and fruit salad.

Also, in addition to collecting money for the Blair Holliday Recovery Fund, I will be selling the PrayFor8 rubber bracelets for $5 each. All proceeds go to the Recovery Fund.
Bracelet.jpg
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 20th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Cheermom wrote:Add 4 more people - the parents of two cheerleaders. The will donate cash for the cause and I am also going to make a pasta and grilled vegetable dish in addition to the previously listed veggie tray and fruit salad.

Also, in addition to collecting money for the Blair Holliday Recovery Fund, I will be selling the PrayFor8 rubber bracelets for $5 each. All proceeds go to the Recovery Fund.
Bracelet.jpg
The cheerleaders parents will receive warm welcomes from me and I bet everyone else.

I bet you sell a bunch of the bracelets. I know I will buy myself and Max one. I'm glad your bringing them. :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 20th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Devildeacs-about 5 of us

Contributions: corn,onion and green and red pepper relish/salad (think Red, Hot & Blue side dish) plus peanut butter chocolate chip brownies-hey, my older daughter is bringing these and I can't turn down this dessert. If there are already too many desserts, I'll eat most of these :D .
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 21st, 2012, 10:26 am

My dad's friend Richard and his wife Elaine will be joining us, hopefully for more games than this one. Some of y'all may have met him before. Also hoping my dad will be with us as well.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » September 21st, 2012, 12:06 pm

Dpslaw + 1. Beer and bucks. Would bring footlong hot dog buns again, but want to avoid another bunny debacle.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 21st, 2012, 1:15 pm

One more cheer family will be joining s - 6 people, but I don't know how many are kids. They will bring cash. I am adding beer and water to the food items posted previously.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 21st, 2012, 5:03 pm

Fuse may be joining us too from OY. FYI, he's the guy on the Ymm, Beer thread that knows even more than I do about beer and, if he makes it, he'll be there early and will be bringing beer so be on your best ale selection behavior ;;) .