Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » November 8th, 2023, 9:24 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 8th, 2023, 7:36 am
Update: I ran into my division chief on the elevator. He congratulated me on my promotion being official. I told him thanks, but it’s got several layers of bureaucracy to go before it’s official. He seemed surprised to hear this and responded with something like, oh, well, the process does normally take around 6 months. You know I clarified that one with, “Actually, it’s been over a year now.” He responded with something about celebrating when it’s approved “in November.” Internally, I rolled my eyes. It’s November now and still isn’t final, and it’s not likely to be. Totally oblivious. I’m still confused as to why they think it’s okay that we are now 4 months past the date when the promotion was supposed to take effect, and it’s not approved yet. This process is seriously broken, and not just here.

On the plus side, I did hear yesterday that the faculty executive committee approved my promotion “enthusiastically and unanimously.” Now it goes to the chancellor, then the Board of Trustees.
Small victories are, nonetheless, victories. But there are no appropriate words for this kind of foot-dragging. Hopefully it will be cleared soon.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.