LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » December 17th, 2020, 8:18 am

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/20 ... 1G3N9mZhnM

Here’s a fun bit of trivia: Trump cannot legally reside at Mar-a-Lago. Another friend pointed out that, because of this, his vote in the election is illegitimate.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 17th, 2020, 8:29 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 8:18 am
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/20 ... 1G3N9mZhnM

Here’s a fun bit of trivia: Trump cannot legally reside at Mar-a-Lago. Another friend pointed out that, because of this, his vote in the election is illegitimate.
Love it. Love it. Love it! =)) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 7th, 2021, 10:03 pm

B77E1C6C-C76C-4002-BC26-087386CBBDE0.jpeg
Meet Slate, the Rev LG’s Christmas and birthday present. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 8th, 2021, 7:33 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 10:03 pm
B77E1C6C-C76C-4002-BC26-087386CBBDE0.jpeg

Meet Slate, the Rev LG’s Christmas and birthday present. :9f:
So cute!
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 30th, 2021, 9:36 pm

What the heck is up with this thread? Far too long without a post.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 16th, 2021, 8:09 pm

evening post to check my time settings.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 16th, 2021, 9:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
March 16th, 2021, 8:09 pm
evening post to check my time settings.
time for me to do the same. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 17th, 2021, 10:57 am

First vaccine dose in the arm. I have to say the place a got the shot was incredibley efficent and well run. Not at all like the process of actually getting the appointment!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 17th, 2021, 12:35 pm

windsor wrote:
March 17th, 2021, 10:57 am
First vaccine dose in the arm. I have to say the place a got the shot was incredibley efficent and well run. Not at all like the process of actually getting the appointment!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Hope you have no side effects, Windsor!
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 17th, 2021, 8:42 pm

windsor wrote:
March 17th, 2021, 10:57 am
First vaccine dose in the arm. I have to say the place a got the shot was incredibly efficient and well run. Not at all like the process of actually getting the appointment!
This seems to be the case allmost :9f: everywhere. Which is more than a good thing! :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2021, 2:48 pm

For those of you with at least one COVID shot and access to a Krispy Kreme, KK is giving a free glazed donut to anyone with a vaccination card. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » October 7th, 2021, 5:58 pm

Hey gang - just caatching up - what did I miss? like the UI is a little different; I thought I saw mention of "new software" on the way in. Saw a bit of kerfluffle about Kyrie OY, and ran away.

Serious question; when I was a young Turk, I used to get up on Saturday mornings and watch the classic Looney Tunes cartoons. I was tickled to see the young Turks get up and turn on Premier League (even though they all quit playing in 5th grade, it was playing FIFA with their school buddies). So I may dabble and catch some futbol on the telly. How do I pick a Premier League team to support? Any suggestions? I would prefer a team with a tradition of excellence, a reputation of being a tough opponent, resisting the temptation to buy themselves a title.

Shouldn't there be a website with some sort of quiz interface, to help decide?
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 7th, 2021, 9:59 pm

Turk wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 5:58 pm
Hey gang - just caatching up - what did I miss? like the UI is a little different; I thought I saw mention of "new software" on the way in. Saw a bit of kerfluffle about Kyrie OY, and ran away.

Serious question; when I was a young Turk, I used to get up on Saturday mornings and watch the classic Looney Tunes cartoons. I was tickled to see the young Turks get up and turn on Premier League (even though they all quit playing in 5th grade, it was playing FIFA with their school buddies). So I may dabble and catch some futbol on the telly. How do I pick a Premier League team to support? Any suggestions? I would prefer a team with a tradition of excellence, a reputation of being a tough opponent, resisting the temptation to buy themselves a title.

Long time no post. Good to see/read you again.

A lot of folks have run away from OY.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Turk

Post by Turk » October 14th, 2021, 2:35 pm

devildeac wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 9:59 pm
Turk wrote:

Any particular reason? Just the usual COVID / political / PPB dustups, and typcial petty power games by the Powers That Be; or are they making a concerted effort to run people off? (that seems like it would take planning and coordination, no?)
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Phredd3
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Phredd3 » October 14th, 2021, 5:08 pm

Turk wrote:
There are no teams in the PL that fit this description. There are only four teams with any realistic chance of a PL title this year - Chelsea, Man City, Man United, and Liverpool. All of them voted to create the Super League (as did Tottenham and Arsenal), and as a result, all of them fail your final test. The lowest payroll among that group is Tottenham, but I've never really liked how they play. If I were coming at the PL new, I'd probably pick a mid-tier team like Wolves or Leicester who can threaten from time to time and even pull off a big upset every now and then, or I might relax the traditions part and adopt the newly-promoted Brentford team, who look ready for a mid-table finish with the league's smallest payroll.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 14th, 2021, 9:48 pm

Turk wrote:
October 14th, 2021, 2:35 pm
devildeac wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 9:59 pm
Turk wrote:

Any particular reason? Just the usual COVID / political / PPB dustups, and typcial petty power games by the Powers That Be; or are they making a concerted effort to run people off? (that seems like it would take planning and coordination, no?)
Combination of the above in addition to quite a number of personal insults, a few threats and assorted other nastiness.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 15th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
October 14th, 2021, 5:08 pm
Turk wrote:
There are no teams in the PL that fit this description. There are only four teams with any realistic chance of a PL title this year - Chelsea, Man City, Man United, and Liverpool. All of them voted to create the Super League (as did Tottenham and Arsenal), and as a result, all of them fail your final test. The lowest payroll among that group is Tottenham, but I've never really liked how they play. If I were coming at the PL new, I'd probably pick a mid-tier team like Wolves or Leicester who can threaten from time to time and even pull off a big upset every now and then, or I might relax the traditions part and adopt the newly-promoted Brentford team, who look ready for a mid-table finish with the league's smallest payroll.
I cast about for a Premier League team, myself. Found lots of reasons not to like various ones (including the color of Man City's kit. Sheep blue is a dealbreaker.) One of my friends gave me a silver fox charm, so I went with Leicester City (I do like the idea of picking a newly promoted team, though.) :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 21st, 2022, 7:07 am

Second page. What the heck?

Can we talk about how well the ACC is doing in the men’s tournament? VA Tech and Norte Dame lost in the second round, but Duke, unc, and Miami are still in. Did I miss someone?? For an allegedly down year, the ACC is looking pretty decent.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 21st, 2022, 6:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 7:07 am
Second page. What the heck?

Can we talk about how well the ACC is doing in the men’s tournament? VA Tech and Norte Dame lost in the second round, but Duke, unc, and Miami are still in. Did I miss someone?? For an allegedly down year, the ACC is looking pretty decent.
Damn Baylor. X(
TillyGalore2.0
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by TillyGalore2.0 » April 3rd, 2022, 10:48 am

I’m baaaaaaaaaack!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: