PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » July 30th, 2019, 8:40 pm

CathyCA wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 10:16 am
YmoBeThere wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 8:26 pm
Maybe I should move north?
Yeah, but then you'd have SNOW in the winter.

:9f:
Ahh, then maybe further south? I really need a home on two different continents. Better go buy a MegaMillions ticket.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 3rd, 2019, 7:39 am

My yard looked fabulous two short weeks ago. The Texas sun finally caught up to it.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 5th, 2019, 11:58 am

The Rev LG started at a new church in July, Kingswood UMC in Rural Hall, NC. Really nice people. Unfortunately, the Duke people are few and far between. Until yesterday I only knew two couples who bleed the correct color of blue.

Yesterday a fellow walked up to me and said, "I don't know if you knew it, but I'm a huge Duke fan. I played basketball at South Stokes High School with Kenny Dennard's brother." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2019, 7:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 11:58 am
The Rev LG started at a new church in July, Kingswood UMC in Rural Hall, NC. Really nice people. Unfortunately, the Duke people are few and far between. Until yesterday I only knew two couples who bleed the correct color of blue.

Yesterday a fellow walked up to me and said, "I don't know if you knew it, but I'm a huge Duke fan. I played basketball at South Stokes High School with Kenny Dennard's brother." :9f:
Glad you found another like-minded person.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 6th, 2019, 8:54 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 11:58 am

God is good all the time.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 11th, 2019, 5:44 pm

That's just Crazie!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2019, 11:13 pm

"I sincerely hope I am not the only person who sporked the heck out of someonesomeonesomeone for this thoughtful, fact-filled post."
That's a comment by Jason Evans, Over Yonder, and it has me smiling huge, because even the mods have caved in. They are of course pitchforks, but thanks to CTN and Devildeac, they will forever be known as sporks. Even at the highest level.
:D :D :D :D :spork:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 12th, 2019, 9:31 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:13 pm
"I sincerely hope I am not the only person who sporked the heck out of someonesomeonesomeone for this thoughtful, fact-filled post."
That's a comment by Jason Evans, Over Yonder, and it has me smiling huge, because even the mods have caved in. They are of course pitchforks, but thanks to CTN and Devildeac, they will forever be known as sporks. Even at the highest level.
;;) ;;)

:ymhug: :ymhug:

:-* :-*
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2019, 7:06 am

devildeac wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 9:31 am
;;) ;;)

:ymhug: :ymhug:

:-* :-*
:spork: :spork: :spork:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 25th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Well done!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 25th, 2019, 4:10 pm

The heat is never ending here. Until it cools off.

Yes, I do like Yogi Berra. At least as a quotable source.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 30th, 2019, 8:11 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 4:10 pm
The heat is never ending here. Until it cools off.

Yes, I do like Yogi Berra. At least as a quotable source.
I've also been known to quote myself.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 31st, 2019, 7:55 pm

Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody!
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 2nd, 2019, 9:11 pm

bjornolf wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:55 pm
Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody!
Thanks and the same to you and your family!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2019, 8:38 am

Road trip up to Dallas yesterday. 10 hours in the car, woohoo!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 29th, 2019, 12:48 pm

Tyler (the practically perfect puppy who is now FIVE years old) needs 23 more points to qualify for the AKC Agility National Championships

(you need 550 points - you get one point for each second under course time you are in a clean run at the Master level and 7 Double Qs - a double Q is a clean qualifying run in Master Standard and Master Jumpers on the same day)

I have until 11/30 to get them - I have six trial dials between now and then

The event is in Perry Georgia at the end of March - it rotates every year last year was Tulsa OK, the year before Reno NV...
61377715_10219561976698273_5667546360270815232_n.jpg
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 29th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Thanks for the update! Go Tyler!
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 30th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Go Tyler!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 9th, 2019, 7:46 am

Today's Lunchbox Lesson: HOW TO PLURALIZE LAST NAMES

IT'S HOLIDAY TIME. IT'S HOLIDAY TIME. IT'S HOLIDAY TIME. That means cards, gift tags, and invitations. Do you know how to pluralize last names? Here's how you can be sure to avoid the unnecessary apostrophe "S" in upcoming scenarios.

When you are addressing a card to Mr. and Mrs. Dunkin and their dozen children, but you don't want to list them all on the envelope front, what do you do?

You SHOULD write: "The Dunkins" OR "The Dunkin Family"
You SHOULDN'T write: "The Dunkin's" or "The Dunkin's family."

Why is this correct? The goal here is *pluralization*, not possession. Adding an apostrophe "s" signifies a possessive. So all you need to do for a perfectly punctuated card is to is follow the rules for pluralization below.

Focus on the last letter(s) of last name. What should you add to make it plural? If it ends in:

**a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h , i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, t, u, v, w, y: ADD "S"

**s, x, z, ch, sh: ADD "ES"

Tip: if you just memorize the five "ES" formations, you should be pretty good to go.

But wait -- there's more! We also have SPECIAL SITUATIONS:

--If a last name ends in an "s", just add "es," right? But sometimes that looks weird. If it's too awkward for you (Joneses, Adamses), you can just change it to the "Jones Family" or the "Adams Family" and be done.

--If a last name ends in a "y", do not make it "ies" or add an apostrophe. Just add an "s." (Crosbys)

--If the last name is irregular in the plural (i.e. man to men), you still follow the chart above, because names are not considered irregular. They're names. So John and Mary Freeman becomes "The Freemans," and Jon and Mary Snaggletooth become "The Snaggletooths."

Have fun writing your cards and invitations, and remember --

NO APOSTROPHE IS NEEDED.
NO APOSTROPHE IS NEEDED.
NO APOSTROPHE IS NEEDED.
NO APOSTROPHE IS NEEDED.

**If you need help with plurals and/or apostrophes, then head on over to GrammarPlanet. It's our completely online grammar, punctuation, and usage program. Practice your skills and learn new ones. Get started today ---> www.grammarplanet.com***
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 2nd, 2019, 9:57 pm

I caved in and joined a Razorback fan site to follow the football coaching search (Lane Kiffin rumored to be a done deal). Several people mentioned that Butch Davis would be great, so I chimed in and said no - NCAA issues. Several folks immediately jumped all over me and said he was cleared of all wrongdoing. One has been quite patronizing; told me I obviously needed to read up more on the unc academic scandal. I told them he was smack in the middle of the uncheater academic scandal, and they told me I had no idea what I was talking about. They said he was a sacrificial lamb to save the basketball program. I found a CNN article about the big report, which states that Butch knew. I posted the link.

I think they are letting Butch off easy because he’s a U of A alum. Doesn’t make him any less guilty. And, I seemed to remember some NCAA problems at Miami under his watch. Didn’t he leave them in trouble?
-- Albert Einstein