LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 30th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Good news. Chris Carawell is the new assistant coach!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 1st, 2018, 12:27 pm

I didn't even get to apply for the job.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 1st, 2018, 8:32 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I didn't even get to apply for the job.
Marquette has an opening, if you want to work for Wojo.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 1st, 2018, 8:32 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I didn't even get to apply for the job.
Marquette has an opening, if you want to work for Wojo.
Or Pitt. I expect Jeff Capel can use all the help he can get.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 2nd, 2018, 10:07 am

I DVRed the Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert last night. I watched it when I got home from Easter dinner but saved it to watch again. There some amazing voices on that stage. I surprised myself with how many of the lyrics I remembered.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 2nd, 2018, 10:29 pm

I thought that when it was released that JC SS was viewed as blasphemous by many?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 3rd, 2018, 9:33 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I thought that when it was released that JC SS was viewed as blasphemous by many?
It was. The church I attended growing up certainly thought so. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 6th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Congratulations to Duke baseball. They are ranked number 10. So,we are a basketball, football and now a baseball school. :duke:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 8th, 2018, 12:50 pm

I think the model we hope to emulate is Stanford. But they have nicer weather.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 9th, 2018, 8:40 am

Jon and I drove Mom and her friend Jo to Durham on Saturday. Mom and Jo had tickets to see "The Color Purple" at DPAC, and they had pre-show lunch reservations at NanaSteak. We dropped them off and drove through Durham, scouting out restaurants with parking places located close by because of the rain.

We drove over to 9th Street and found a parking place right in front of Burger Bach, a place that Ozzie and Nina took us to right after our wedding. We went in and sat down. As I ordered, I looked over and saw two very tall men sitting at one of the tall tables in the middle: Nate James and his wife Bobbi, Chris Carrawell, and their kids (plus a few extra kids)! When their meal arrived, they all held hands, bowed their heads and said the blessing! Oh my gosh! It was precious! No one in the restaurant approached them. We all acted like it was no.big.deal.

But it was a HUGE deal. When they left, the entire restaurant was buzzing! The lady at the table beside us told us that she had seen Peyton and Eli Manning at Burger Bach with Coach Cut last week.

I :romance-heartbeating: Durham!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2018, 9:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:Jon and I drove Mom and her friend Jo to Durham on Saturday. Mom and Jo had tickets to see "The Color Purple" at DPAC, and they had pre-show lunch reservations at NanaSteak. We dropped them off and drove through Durham, scouting out restaurants with parking places located close by because of the rain.

We drove over to 9th Street and found a parking place right in front of Burger Bach, a place that Ozzie and Nina took us to right after our wedding. We went in and sat down. As I ordered, I looked over and saw two very tall men sitting at one of the tall tables in the middle: Nate James and his wife Bobbi, Chris Carrawell, and their kids (plus a few extra kids)! When their meal arrived, they all held hands, bowed their heads and said the blessing! Oh my gosh! It was precious! No one in the restaurant approached them. We all acted like it was no.big.deal.

But it was a HUGE deal. When they left, the entire restaurant was buzzing! The lady at the table beside us told us that she had seen Peyton and Eli Manning at Burger Bach with Coach Cut last week.

I :romance-heartbeating: Durham!

:9f:
That is such an awesome story!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2018, 9:10 pm

My former workplace was such a train wreck (and it’s getting worse!) that I still have stories. Today, I heard from a fellow escapee who’s doing extremely well at his new job. He just happens to have connections to the place where Road Runner works now. He passed along the news to me that Road Runner was removed as Director of the facility she was hired to run. Apparently the institution wasn’t happy with her leadership. :whistle: :)) :)) :)) L-)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by DukieInKansas » April 12th, 2018, 10:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:My former workplace was such a train wreck (and it’s getting worse!) that I still have stories. Today, I heard from a fellow escapee who’s doing extremely well at his new job. He just happens to have connections to the place where Road Runner works now. He passed along the news to me that Road Runner was removed as Director of the facility she was hired to run. Apparently the institution wasn’t happy with her leadership. :whistle: :)) :)) :)) L-)

Wow - someone actually wised up? Question though - does removed mean fired or is RR still working there, for the same money, but no longer in charge?
Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 12th, 2018, 10:28 am

Good morning all! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » April 12th, 2018, 4:13 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My former workplace was such a train wreck (and it’s getting worse!) that I still have stories. Today, I heard from a fellow escapee who’s doing extremely well at his new job. He just happens to have connections to the place where Road Runner works now. He passed along the news to me that Road Runner was removed as Director of the facility she was hired to run. Apparently the institution wasn’t happy with her leadership. :whistle: :)) :)) :)) L-)

Wow - someone actually wised up? Question though - does removed mean fired or is RR still working there, for the same money, but no longer in charge?
Still there, but no longer in a position of leadership. She is an underling. Folks there had better watch their backs. With that being said, I think they have her number and will be extremely cautious around her.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 13th, 2018, 7:19 am

Hmmm, Burger Bach? I didn't get off campus enough during my undergrad years.

I'm seeing a train wreck in motion where I'm at right now...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 13th, 2018, 7:22 am

FWIW, I realized last night that my avatar was my cat Kelly. When G+K were kittens it was hard to tell them apart. But the way she was sitting in a chair last night made it obvious to me that she was the picture. I think it was her ears.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 21st, 2018, 2:33 pm

I had wondered about that for years.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Good to know. Where is everyone?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...