LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » October 23rd, 2014, 9:58 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: quote="windsor" :So how much longer before Bar Minion rides into the sunset? Is RR talking of replacing her? /quote
T-1week. Hasten the day!

Road Runner already has a replacement lined up. I don't think this replacement realizes how dire Road Runner's funding situation is. This person turned down a position with RR once before to to funding uncertainties, and the situation is even worse now. That was also before RR went :poo: crazy.

We look forward to naming the new addition.
Will As The Bunsen Burns have an another edition?
Perhaps, until the new addition is there long enough to get the lay of the land, she could be called Cher or Dionne or Tai after the characters in Clueless.

(Thank you IMDB - never saw the movie so I had to look up the names.)
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 24th, 2014, 12:23 pm

While I was out of town, Mr Windsor took Tyler, the Practically Perfect Puppy to the doggie day care. I noted yesterday on my return that Tyler was congested...it has gotten worse today. We are due at the vets in an hour - suspecting canine influenza. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/canine/

The jury is out on vaccinating for it - I did not (and most vets won't recommend it)

Jester is so far just fine.

The other option is Bordetella (for which he is vaccinated) - the vaccine on board should minimize the severity if it is this

Tyler doesn't seem sick ...he's as energetic and full of himself as ever. If it were not a Friday I might wait one more day - but my vet is concerned enough that I will not be going in the waiting room - they have asked me to call from the parking lot and they will let me carry him in the back in case he is infectious. I appreciate their caution.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2014, 12:25 pm

windsor wrote:While I was out of town, Mr Windsor took Tyler, the Practically Perfect Puppy to the doggie day care. I noted yesterday on my return that Tyler was congested...it has gotten worse today. We are due at the vets in an hour - suspecting canine influenza. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/canine/

The jury is out on vaccinating for it - I did not (and most vets won't recommend it)

The other option is Bordetella (for which he is vaccinated) - the vaccine on board should minimize the severity if it is this

Tyler doesn't seem sick ...he's as energetic and full of himself as ever. If it were not a Friday I might wait one more day - but my vet is concerned enough that I will not be going in the waiting room - they have asked me to call from the parking lot and they will let me carry him in the back in case he is infectious. I appreciate their caution.
Healing vibes to Tyler. :wizard: :O3 :wizard:
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2014, 12:26 pm

I wish there were a football game tomorrow.

And isn't that a nice thought to be having. Wasn't that long ago that a weekend without a game would be almost as good as a win. :D

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 24th, 2014, 1:19 pm

windsor wrote:While I was out of town, Mr Windsor took Tyler, the Practically Perfect Puppy to the doggie day care. I noted yesterday on my return that Tyler was congested...it has gotten worse today. We are due at the vets in an hour - suspecting canine influenza. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/canine/

Vibes for Tyler and for you, and for Jester not getting whatever it is.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 24th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Tyler has essentially a sinus infection. Elevated white count/lymph nodes enlarged plus 104 fever (normal for dog is 101-102 so that isn't as bad as with people). NO lung involvement so no bordetella or influenza. I made the correct call taking him in, as his immune system was doing its best but apparently losing. We caught it early.

They gave him SubQ fluids and Keflex. He should be fine in no time

:D

The moral of the story - if your dog is around other dogs and has any kind of respiratory issue at all don't hesitate get them in fast. bordetella is not to be trifled with. (Bordetella bronchiseptica is indeed a close 'friend' of Bordetella pertussis aka whooping cough)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 24th, 2014, 3:09 pm

windsor wrote:Tyler has essentially a sinus infection. Elevated white count/lymph nodes enlarged plus 104 fever (normal for dog is 101-102 so that isn't as bad as with people). NO lung involvement so no bordetella or influenza. I made the correct call taking him in, as his immune system was doing its best but apparently losing. We caught it early.

The moral of the story - if your dog is around other dogs and has any kind of respiratory issue at all don't hesitate get them in fast. bordetella is not to be trifled with. (Bordetella bronchiseptica is indeed a close 'friend' of Bordetella pertussis aka whooping cough)
Yay for just a sinus infection. When my temp is 2 degrees above "normal" I am not energetic. Maybe that's because in dog years I would be considered a senior.
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 24th, 2014, 3:13 pm

ArkieDukie,
Is today BM's last day? If so, will the farewell party take place before or after she leaves? I put my money on after.

:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyyellow: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 24th, 2014, 5:34 pm

windsor wrote:Tyler has essentially a sinus infection. Elevated white count/lymph nodes enlarged plus 104 fever (normal for dog is 101-102 so that isn't as bad as with people). NO lung involvement so no bordetella or influenza. I made the correct call taking him in, as his immune system was doing its best but apparently losing. We caught it early.

Great news! Well done, Windsor. Give the pup a belly rub for me :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 24th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Thank goodness it was no worse and Tyler is going to be fine. :ymhug: :O3
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 24th, 2014, 10:30 pm

James Kenan 53....Hopton 6. :happy-bouncyblue: :)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 24th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:James Kenan 53....Hopton 6. :happy-bouncyblue: :)
Go Tigers! Go Max!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 25th, 2014, 7:27 am

Practically Perfect Puppy Healing vibes!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 25th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Yikes I've been off the radar - so glad to hear Tyler is recovering and the diagnosis was no worse that it was! I hate it when the pups and babies get sick!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2014, 3:04 pm

While puppy vibes are out and about, send a few Wesley's way, please. He is feeling puny today. Threw up early this morning, was shaking when I wrapped him in a blanket afterward. He has stopped shaking and is acting like he feels better, but is still lying around. :O3 :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Hey, uva: YOU SUCK!!!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 25th, 2014, 5:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:While puppy vibes are out and about, send a few Wesley's way, please. He is feeling puny today. Threw up early this morning, was shaking when I wrapped him in a blanket afterward. He has stopped shaking and is acting like he feels better, but is still lying around. :O3 :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
More puppy vibes to Wesley. Poor little guy. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 25th, 2014, 5:22 pm

DukePA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:While puppy vibes are out and about, send a few Wesley's way, please. He is feeling puny today. Threw up early this morning, was shaking when I wrapped him in a blanket afterward. He has stopped shaking and is acting like he feels better, but is still lying around. :O3 :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
More puppy vibes to Wesley. Poor little guy. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Even MORE puppy vibes to Wesley!!!

:O3 :wizard: :O3 :wizard: :O3 :wizard: :O3 :wizard: :O3 :wizard:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 25th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Lots of puppy vibes to Wesley too - yikes this has not been a good couple of days for our furry families has it!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 25th, 2014, 6:46 pm

Lotsa vibes for Wesley. Hope he is feeling better soon.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: