Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2011, 8:43 am

We is consumers.
We is consumin'.
Post positive endorsements for some of your tried and true consumer products here. Repeat, positive.
Rebutals, certainly. Use quotes, so as not to be any confusion between brands of products. Leave negatives, from a beginning standpoint, for another thread.
Beer has it's own thread. Food, also goes elsewhere.

I'll start. This begins the 'capt's Seal of Approval'.
UnderArmour heat retaining socks.
Working outdoors in the cold, for a great length of time during the day, my feet get cold and tend to stay that way all the time I'm out. I bought these to try, after failing with numerous other products, and found them impressive. I haven't done an extensive search for all of what they have available. I got them in an ankle length style and wear them under some wool socks, with success in their intended purpose. My thoughts used to pervert toward thinking of possibly urinating of my feet so I could begin to get feeling back in my toes. No longer! These work for me, and my tootsies are dry. :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Crazie's Consumer Endorsements

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 8th, 2011, 10:54 am

Good idea Capt.! And I propose that the thread get stickied and be limited to recommendations and seconds or contrary experiences, with spurious "comments by the peanut gallery :shifty: " being moved to the LTE 2.0 by the mods so the thread remains useful as an endorsement thread :D .
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by indoor66 » January 8th, 2011, 11:11 am

I bought a Norelco 1250 3D razor and get shaves that truly rival a blade shave. I was shocked. It is well balanced, cleans with water and the charge lasts almost a month. I highly recommend.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 8th, 2011, 11:43 am

indoor66 wrote:I bought a Norelco 1250 3D razor and get shaves that truly rival a blade shave. I was shocked. It is well balanced, cleans with water and the charge lasts almost a month. I highly recommend.
It may clean with water, but I'm sure that's only the big chamber and not the blades and the comb they sit in. I've used Norelco's and more recently the much less expensive Remington rotaries for years, and when you take the head assemblies apart and use the little brush and clean each rotary blade and comb, the shave provided is truly quick, close and comfortable by both brands. And not so much after a couple of weeks if you don't do this. Clean the blades once a week and your face will love you for it.

It takes about 5 minutes once you figure out how to take the blades out of the head, and each razor is different, even within brands. Read your manual! Usually you twist the retaining ring inside the head just a little bit counter-clockwise to release the head assembly. My last Remington I had to twist the comb from the outside. The new one has the inner retaining ring. Always do it over the sink with the drain closed so the blade doesn't go down the drain when/if it falls out of the comb. Take them out of the head one at a time and put the blade back into the same comb - they each wear differently and become a matched set, so don't mix them up and they'll last longer.

captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2011, 12:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good idea Capt.! And I propose that the thread be stickied and be limited to recommendations and seconds or contrary experiences, with spurious "comments by the peanut gallery :shifty: " being moved to the LTE 2.0 by the mods so the thread remains useful as an endorsement thread :D .
A wise choice, to be sure.
So shall it be written...so shall it be done.
I hope it is a help to all. I tire of buying bad crap.

Disagree? Those views are also invited.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I also vision this as a place for those of us that may have a question about a variety of products to ask about until it may build to a point where one could just enter a search. :idea:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 5:57 pm

I'm thinking about purchasing a treadmill. Any recommendations?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Because of a preference of no-impact vs low impact, I choose an elliptical.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 10th, 2011, 12:37 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm thinking about purchasing a treadmill. Any recommendations?
A wall mounted coat rack takes up less floor space and serves the same purpose after the first month... :-o :-s

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 10th, 2011, 6:20 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm thinking about purchasing a treadmill. Any recommendations?
A wall mounted coat rack takes up less floor space and serves the same purpose after the first month... :-o :-s
LOL! Before I moved here from LR I had one of those Gazelle Glider thingies. I used it quite a bit but sold it because I thought I wouldn't have space for it. I'm still kicking myself for that one. I'm thinking treadmill rather than elliptical because it will take up less space once folded. If I'm wrong here I'd love to know.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 10th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Mine doesn't fold. Should I overdo it however, it'll fold me. :))
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 11th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Just stay away from a Nordic Track unless you're much better coordinated than I am. I never could hold my mouth right and get the hang of it. Can't hula hoop either. Some have it -- some don't! :ymsigh:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 11th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Just stay away from a Nordic Track unless you're much better coordinated than I am. I never could hold my mouth right and get the hang of it. Can't hula hoop either. Some have it -- some don't! :ymsigh:
Love, Ima
I love my nordic trac, but like you say..it's a death machine without coordination.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Kelly and I purchased this one, but it's still on back-order so I don't have any feedback yet.

I've spent a month researching different models, brands and features and I have a consumer reports subscription so PM me if you want to discuss in more detail. I'd be happy to help you out and do some research for ya.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2011, 8:20 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Kinda funny that Ozzie was the first person to make a "spurious" comment. ;-)

Crap, now I did too!
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2011, 8:32 pm

I'm a big fan of Consumer Reports. For $26 a year (if you're not a magazine subscriber) I've already paid for at least five years of subscriptions through savings gained through research on their site. I've yet to be disappointed with any of their recommendations and have felt that their analysis are usually spot on.
sMiles
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 12th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Miles wrote:I'm a big fan of Consumer Reports. For $26 a year (if you're not a magazine subscriber) I've already paid for at least five years of subscriptions through savings gained through research on their site. I've yet to be disappointed with any of their recommendations and have felt that their analysis are usually spot on.
I agree with you. I prefer the subscription online because it's continually updated.

I paid for a year's subscription when my washer died during a snow event in early 2010. Later in the year, my dishwasher ceased to work properly. I was able to make both purchases confidently because of information from Consumer Reports.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 12th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Miles wrote:
Kelly and I purchased this one, but it's still on back-order so I don't have any feedback yet.

I've spent a month researching different models, brands and features and I have a consumer reports subscription so PM me if you want to discuss in more detail. I'd be happy to help you out and do some research for ya.
Thanks! Actually, I have an online CR subscription as well. The model you chose is one that I'm interested in as well.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » January 14th, 2011, 3:11 am

Miles wrote:I'm a big fan of Consumer Reports. For $26 a year (if you're not a magazine subscriber) I've already paid for at least five years of subscriptions through savings gained through research on their site. I've yet to be disappointed with any of their recommendations and have felt that their analysis are usually spot on.
I'm an even bigger fan of utilizing the King County Public Library System's free online access to www.ConsumerReports.org, thanks to my library card ID & PIN.

My tax dollars getting returned to me, and the other virtuous local citizens. :D ;)
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » January 14th, 2011, 12:06 pm

That microfiber windshield cleaning thingy as seen on TV. It works. Got it for One Dollar. I love it.

-EarlJam (great topic by the way)
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.