Alabama Tailgate- Overall Menu and attendance.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Alabama Tailgate- Overall Menu and attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » September 15th, 2010, 7:15 pm

For those still planning on attending continue to post here.

Okay, the plan as it stands today (16 Sept.):

TNT (+5):
Standing Rib Roast, Grilled Jumbo Shrimp, Grilled potatoes with garlic and bacon, Pasta in Spicy Garlic Oil, Chipotle Hummus, Roasted Onion, Garlic and Red Pepper Dip, Honey-Whole Wheat rolls, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Giant Coconut Cake; Spicy BMs, Tea and multiple, assorted, adult beverages, water, Gatorade;
CB&B (+1):
Standing Rib roast, hot dogs, assorted adult beverages;
Ozzie/CheerMom (+6):
Pastrami, Corned beef, Spinach dip, cookies, Rye bread, polyester beer;
DevilDeac (+3?):
Corn and Black Bean salad, “real” beers;
CathyCA(+5):
Pecan pie, Tea;
Duke2Narrow (+1):
Mexican Cornbread salad, Blueberry cobbler;
DukePA (+1):
Paper goods and Utensils, Chips & Salsa, Mimosas;
VDB (+1):
Strawberry cake w/fresh berries and whipped cream;
LawGrad91 (+1):
Cookies (of some kind);
DinK:
Bittersweet Chocolate Cookies;
Shereec (+4):
Potato Salad (?); Butterscotch Oatmeal cookies;
AllenMurray (+3):
Good and plentiful “something”;
Sue71:
TillyGalore:
Water (2 gallons?); sodas;
August West:
Doughnuts, Adult beverages;
CowboyDevil (+4):
Potatos...

Total count- -51 souls.

Menu breakdown by course:
  • Meats, seafood, etc.- Standing Rib Roasts, Grilled Shrimp, Pastrami, Corned Beef; Hot dogs;
  • Sides (starch)- Grilled potatoes, Corn & BB Salad, Pasta in Spicy Garlic oil, Potato Salad (?); potatoes;
  • Sides (veggie)- Mexican cornbread salad; fuit/veggie platter, slaw (?)
  • Appetizer/Munchies- Chipotle Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper dip (w/veggies), Spinach dip, chips & salsa;
  • Breads- Honey-Whole Wheat rolls, Rye bread(s); Hot dog buns
  • Desserts- Chocolate Chip cookies, Giant Coconut cake; Pecan Pie, Strawberry cake, Blueberry cobbler, “Mystery” cookies, Butterscotch Oatmeal cookies (?), cookies, doughnuts
For this game we’re gonna’ implement a wee bit of organization and use what I’m referring to as the Tailgate Controller. Upon arrival, check-in with the “TGC” (for this game, “CowboyDevil” a.k.a Ronnie) will inform you where to put your food offerings, your coolers and where the general seating area is located. We’re doing this so that the foods will be grouped correctly (desserts w/desserts, etc.) and also so that we have less congestion in and around the grills and prep areas. This should also provide us with a better “flow” once the noshing begins.

Some items to remember:
  • Make sure your cooler and camp chairs have your name and/or identifying marks (especially your chair as they all tend to look alike).
  • If you want to make sure your chair doesn’t get taken (accidentally) by someone else while in the game, fold it up and drop it over by my van.
  • Stay out of other folk’s coolers, unless advised and/or permitted otherwise. Just common courtesy. While some coolers are for sharing not every cooler’s contents are for public consumption.
  • If bringing your kid(s), please try to control their consumption of our sweets. Last time a lot of cookies were totally consumed before the main courses were served.
  • If you brought a food item(s) then, before you go into the stadium, check the status. If it’s only partially consumed then move it to the “consolidation table” (the TGC can direct you). If it’s totally gone or, you’re unsure about its safety, throw it out and secure the container.
  • Lastly, unless your Mom came with you to the game (and is willing to clean up after you) then police your own area and actions! Bottle tops, used plates, napkins and paper towels etc. go in the trash. Plastic cups, bottles, cans and plastic cutlery can go in the recycling, not left sitting on a table!
I apologize for the last two items if they come off as a bit “bitchy” but, the majority of our clean/pack-up time is spent cleaning up after others and/or deciding what to do with the leftover food and/or containers. So, be courteous and help us out- PLEASE!

Peace,
TNT
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
TNTDevil

Re: Alabama Tailgate- Overall Menu and attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » September 16th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Bump.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain