Cut, a Blue Devil "for a very long time"

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Cut, UT

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 14th, 2010, 6:09 pm

i went on knoxville tv news, its a nc tv station thats reporting cut going. cut denied. our friend charlie said there is to be an annoucement at 6:o00 news. he will call me.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 14th, 2010, 6:25 pm

According to a story linked at DBR, the current sticking point is coaching staff. Cut wants to bring his staff; the Vols still have 6 people from the Kiffin mini-era. They also point out that Cutcliffe was fired at Ole Miss for refusing to fire some of his assistants. (fingers crossed)

Please stay, Cut!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 14th, 2010, 6:39 pm

according to knox tv news, cut is to be the coach at tn. there is a snag. someone on dbr said he wants to bring his staff. guess thats it.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 14th, 2010, 6:44 pm

http://www.govolsxtra.com/ This story from TN says it's a done deal, barring a last second snag. The potential snag is the coaching staff. (Crossing fingers...)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 14th, 2010, 6:54 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:http://www.govolsxtra.com/ This story from TN says it's a done deal, barring a last second snag. The potential snag is the coaching staff. (Crossing fingers...)
yup. thats my understanding. oh well. life goes on. go duke! :ymdevil:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 14th, 2010, 6:57 pm

I am all torn up and feel a bit betrayed. Right now, I have a ton of hate directed at lane kiffen. This is how my heart is feeling.

My head, on the other hand, realizes this is a good move for Coach Cut (and to a certain degree kiffen), and if I was in his shoes I'd be doing the same thing (kiffen too).

But, my heart is screaming and my head is whispering, thus my heart is winning right now. GTHlk,GTH!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 14th, 2010, 7:02 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I am all torn up and feel a bit betrayed. Right now, I have a ton of hate directed at lane kiffen. This is how my heart is feeling.

My head, on the other hand, realizes this is a good move for Coach Cut (and to a certain degree kiffen), and if I was in his shoes I'd be doing the same thing (kiffen too).

But, my heart is screaming and my head is whispering, thus my heart is winning right now. GTHlk,GTH!
i hear you tilly. loyalty is a dead end. i understand why coach cut is going. i said before, at least our progam, wallace wade and the team facilitys have been up graded. i hope it will be easier to get a good coach. i do worry aout the "recuirts". how many will back out?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 14th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I am all torn up and feel a bit betrayed. Right now, I have a ton of hate directed at lane kiffen. This is how my heart is feeling.

i hear you tilly. loyalty is a dead end. i understand why coach cut is going. i said before, at least our progam, wallace wade and the team facilitys have been up graded. i hope it will be easier to get a good coach. i do worry aout the "recuirts". how many will back out?
I think in the Cut/UT scenario, there is a lot of loyalty, it's UT loyalty to Cut. While I want Cut to be loyal to Duke, I really can understand why he would leave to go back to a program that has been a significant part of his life, much like kiffen. That is the head talking. But, it really sucks for us. And, that is my heart talking.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Cut, UT

Post by devildeac » January 14th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Apparently made the announcement tonite to the players at the Yoh Center.

See ya.
X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 14th, 2010, 7:18 pm

I am so freaking bummed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 14th, 2010, 7:21 pm

Sigh. I love Duke. I'm still going to brunchgate and go to football games. GTHC. damn, damn, damn.

I haven't had a chance to read the posts about the can of whip ass the Tigers opened on the holes. Think I'll read those to make myself feel better.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 14th, 2010, 7:26 pm

i can't blame him. his and his familys heart is in tn. that doesn't make me like this turn of events. :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 14th, 2010, 7:32 pm

I'm gonna let this thread stay up for the evening, and then merge these posts with those in the stadium later tonight. (The thread that has the exact same name and 3 pages of posts in it)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 14th, 2010, 7:37 pm

I know that such job changes may be considered as part of being an adult..... but I really don't like this one. The timing makes it even worse with signing day on the horizon. Even if TN won't let him bring his entire staff, I'm concerned about the limited staff remaining. Several coaches mentioned as possibilities for Duke on some threads here and yon have already said they wouldn't leave for TN. Kevin White has his job cut out for him!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 14th, 2010, 7:39 pm

devildeac wrote:Apparently made the announcement tonite to the players at the Yoh Center.

See ya.
X(
How long ago? Nothing reported yet by media or goduke.com.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 14th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:Apparently made the announcement tonite to the players at the Yoh Center.

See ya.
X(
How long ago? Nothing reported yet by media or goduke.com.
Devildeac knows someone very close to the program. I believe Devildeac.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 14th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:I know that such job changes may be considered as part of being an adult..... but I really don't like this one. The timing makes it even worse with signing day on the horizon. Even if TN won't let him bring his entire staff, I'm concerned about the limited staff remaining. Several coaches mentioned as possibilities for Duke on some threads here and yon have already said they wouldn't leave for TN. Kevin White has his job cut out for him!
Charlie Weiss is available.

;) ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 14th, 2010, 7:50 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:I know that such job changes may be considered as part of being an adult..... but I really don't like this one. The timing makes it even worse with signing day on the horizon. Even if TN won't let him bring his entire staff, I'm concerned about the limited staff remaining. Several coaches mentioned as possibilities for Duke on some threads here and yon have already said they wouldn't leave for TN. Kevin White has his job cut out for him!

;) ;)
No he's not. Thankfully he got hired by some NFL team.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 14th, 2010, 7:52 pm

I hate lane kiffen. I hope he is constipated for three straight days every month for the next 10 years.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 14th, 2010, 9:13 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

;) ;)
No he's not. Thankfully he got hired by some NFL team.
He isn't, but Chuckie (John Gruden) is. :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.