Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Bunchgate 11/28 (Attendance and Menu)

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 16th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Another nooner

Wake Forest at Duke, RAYCOM, 12 pm
Thanks to Jim Sumner for putting the info up on the DBR.

This doesn't change the menu plans, steak, ribs and our neighbors' whole pig. We'll eat both before and after the game, so plan to come early (the Devil Walk is at 9:45) and plan to stay late.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Bunchgate 11/28 (Attendance and Menu)

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 16th, 2009, 2:12 pm

No sense in me bringing ribs since there will be plenty of meat. We did tell the folks next door that we would be happy to provide the fixins to go along with the pig and steaks. I'm planning on bringing a bunch of corn in the husks to cook on the grills.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 16th, 2009, 2:17 pm

All I'm going to say online at this moment is that I never intended to specialize in brunches. It's not the best time of day for me these days!!!! :twocents:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 16th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Holy Moly, a whole pig and a whole cow (well, not quite). I'll put in our committment early: slaw. A lot of it. And a few more micros. In teeny, tiny sampler cups. ;) :D

Do I hear baked beans? Well, maybe not now but several hours after Bunchgate I will...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 16th, 2009, 5:21 pm

I'll bring baked beans and Fanta soda.

My entourage will include me, 8-x , Miss Fran and my Sam who'll be here from California, and my BFF Kim.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 16th, 2009, 6:49 pm

My parents fly out Saturday morning, so not sure what time I'll be there. Will talk to K68 to see about coordinating things so I can take my parents to the airport. They volunteered to go really early so I can attend brunchgate, but I hate the idea of taking my parents to the airport that early so I can go to a party.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 16th, 2009, 10:51 pm

I'm thinking cornbread and butter. Or buying hushpuppies from somewhere. Who sells them that early? Anyone know?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 18th, 2009, 11:07 am

Here's the latest from Jacob Powers.
Tailgaters,

Hey everyone! I want to thank everyone for being on the ground floor of the tents in Blue Devil Alley. We have heard nothing but positive feedback from this and have built a waiting list of 19 for next year. Next year the price of the Tents are going to be $700. That is the same price as this year except we are adding a game from 6 to 7. With our schedule next year we are looking for big things to happen at Wallace Wade and you guys are an integral part of that happening.

Some of you have showed interest in getting multiple tents for next year. I need to know who wants more than one tent for next year ASAP! With that said we are looking at expanding our tents to 40 next year. We are talking with the Iron Dukes on parking as well as a drop off pass before each game. I will communicate more with you guys once I hear what exactly we are going to do.

If you have referrals that are interested in the tents please forward them to me too! We need good people and I know your referrals will be who we need.

The Wake Forest game is set with a kick-off time of 12 noon. This is the last one of the year so make it a good one to remember. I will not be there this week so Chris Katzu will be walking around making sure you guys are all set. You all know where I will be. I can hear the Wedding Bells now…..or is that the ocean in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

The tents will be up and ready at 7 am. We are not going to leave them up till 6:30 this game. We will be taking them down after the game starting at 4:00 pm.

We really need everyone to be at their tailgate tents by the Team Walk. Great Showing for the team walk last time. We need these guys to be pumped when they walk in and you guys are a huge help. I need everyone in their tents by 10:00 am.

Thanks again to all of you!

Go Duke,

Jacob Powers
Although our tent will be down by 5 (it'll be ~the last one down, like last week), we'll still have CB&B's and VDB's tents up so we can help finish off the Omega's pig! Let's hope/pray for dry weather.

As Jacob alluded to above, he's getting married on the 28th (in Ohio, I believe). The date was set a year ago when he worked for the Durham Bulls, and late November was the off season. We couldn't talk he and his bride into changing the date last week... =))

As for getting two tents instead of one, as long as we have the "upper area" where we cook and have our auxiliary tents, and we will next year, we don't need larger/multiple tent(s), and that's what I've told Jacob. This year, we started with 9 members and during the season it grew to ~13 or 14, plus a couple of "one time contributions", with the extra moneys being distributed to our "providers" to help defray costs. I think that works very well. My proposal for next year is to set the "share" price at $75 per member, with the first shares to pay for the tent and the balance going to operating funds. So keep this in mind and budget accordingly ;)

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2009, 4:28 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'll bring baked beans and Fanta soda.

My entourage will include me, 8-x , Miss Fran and my Sam who'll be here from California, and my BFF Kim.
Ymm, Fanta!!
:D
Which flavor? :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 18th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I'll bring baked beans and Fanta soda.

Ymm, Fanta!!
:D
Which flavor? :D
I've been bringing Orange and Grape, the two flavors that aren't allowed in my house. My kid gets to go wild at Brunchgate and drink the forbidden soda.

:KoolAid:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 18th, 2009, 7:44 pm

This will be my final chance to share my homebrews for a while, so I'm going to make it an triple play. I will have to choose from for you tasting desires...
1. IPA. Bottled this weekend, promising after an early tasting.
2. Oatmeal Stout. Bottling tonight, will be quite ready for drinking on 11/28.
3. Wheat. I bottled this on 10/11, so it has been ready, and I've had it. I wasn't thrilled so I didn't bring it, but I've changed my mind after revisiting it tonight. Lots of citrus flavor, a bit on the sour side, and it's grown on me after over a month of aging. I'll let you decide.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 18th, 2009, 8:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:This will be my final chance to share my homebrews for a while, so I'm going to make it an triple play. I will have to choose from for you tasting desires...
3. Wheat. I bottled this on 10/11, so it has been ready, and I've had it. I wasn't thrilled so I didn't bring it, but I've changed my mind after revisiting it tonight. Lots of citrus flavor, a bit on the sour side, and it's grown on me after over a month of aging. I'll let you decide.
I'll have 1 of each ;) :D =p~.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 18th, 2009, 10:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:This will be my final chance to share my homebrews for a while, so I'm going to make it an triple play. I will have to choose from for you tasting desires...
I would like to try the wheat. Sounds interesting.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » November 18th, 2009, 10:37 pm

devildeac wrote:
ditto! coming up behind you! :D :-o ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 18th, 2009, 11:12 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Not again :roll: :twitch:
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » November 18th, 2009, 11:31 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="CameronBornAndBred""This will be my final chance to share my homebrews for a while, so I'm going to make it an triple play. I will have to choose from for you tasting desires...
I'll have 1 of each ;) :D =p~."/quote"

;) :D :ymhug: :ymblushing: :p
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 19th, 2009, 1:04 am

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:quote="devildeac""quote="CameronBornAndBred""This will be my final chance to share my homebrews for a while, so I'm going to make it an triple play. I will have to choose from for you tasting desires...
I'll have 1 of each ;) :D =p~."/quote"

;) :D :ymhug: :ymblushing: :p
Hey! Let's keep the innuendos on the social thread! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2009, 11:35 pm

1 plus 4

4 pans of cornbread

I'm not going to promise, but I will try to make another carrot cake or something. I will let you know a little later.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 23rd, 2009, 8:35 am

OK, I'll take Tim's summary job. So far we've got:

Omegas (tent 7)-whole pig
Ozzie-whole cow (Oz-who's cooking it? CB&B on the grills? You gonna make that mougth-watering brisket again?)
CB&B-corn, micros
DD-slaw, micros (a couple leftover bombers to share adn some traders)
Cathy-baked beans, Fantas
VDB-cornbread; hushpuppies?; carrot cake (please, oh please)

DukePA?
Miles?
Tilly? (get those 'rents to RDU! ;) :D )
K68?
Shereec?
Jarhead?
allenmurray?
wilson?
Bones?
DukeUsul?
dpslaw?
duke2narow?
Bob Green (jk)
Roladex?( ;) )

Who am I missing?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 23rd, 2009, 8:41 am

I'm bringing my small grill and two smokers. One smoker will be for the corn on the cob I'm bringing, the other will be converted into a grill for the steaks. I have not heard anything from the email I sent to Ron (one of our neighbors). Has anyone heard from them?