LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » May 31st, 2010, 1:31 am

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Census lady just showed up. That was way easier than filling out the form myself, plus I contributed to the economy by providing her a job.
And hopefully you answered her questions just as Betty White did on SNL a few weeks ago.

:)) =))
Speaking of Betty White, I love her too, but I finally watched "The Proposal" which she was in as well..... WHO SAID that movie was funny???? X(, don't get me wrong it had its :D moments, but I was :(( at various times, teary eyed, especially towards the end! :(( :(( Guess I was getting in touch my feminine side at the time or just having an emotional day! ;) I hate it when I start dry heaving. :ymblushing: :-$ :-s
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 31st, 2010, 1:36 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I ate at my neighbors tonight. Steak, median rare,with the usual. Very good. :)
Yumm! Thought about doing that tonight as I was working and smelling everyone grilling, but kept to task at hand!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 31st, 2010, 1:40 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Miles wrote:The other night we grilled up some top round and made creamed potatoes with marscapone. Tomorrow I'm making potato pancakes for breakfast, eggs over easy and maybe some pancetta. I like weekends.
I too, love weekends and LOVE potato cakes.
I love em too! Also try same recipe with squash or zucchini as substitute, it is YUMMY!!!! Your breakfast sounds delicious... I bet she will truly love it like she does YOU! :x :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 31st, 2010, 1:46 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Am backing up the files on my laptop before I run the restore disk (isn't it ironic that the "restore" disk basically unrestores almost everything?). My USB ports, all three of them, have quit, and I've tried every suggested fix except the restore disk. :(

Which means I'm using Mr. Lawgrad's laptop, and I don't want to log him out of Facebook or Yahoo or anything else (I'm sure he's forgotten his passwords). Since I'm limited it what I can use on his computer it's time for me to PW awhile!
I've been playing around with Symantec Ghost at work lately creating and restoring images, it is AWESOME! Works like a champ if you have the foresight to make the image of where you wanted to be before you screwed up! Good luck and vibes :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

BTW, I had same experience previously, user left logged in to all above and gmail on my computer while I tried to back up another computer and realized it by accident later on when I opened up some windows that I normally use and saw stuff that wasn't mine, ooops, I promptly closed everything! I hope nothing got screwed up! :-s :-s :-s :-s
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 31st, 2010, 2:16 am

I started my 1st day of Chantix! (Now yesterday). Next Sunday will be day 1 without the occasional bad habit, but I am already starting to feel it! YAY!!!! I want to quit soo bad, but was a little afraid as a result of seeing my dad years ago gain about 100+ pounds and I didn't have a substitute, but now I do! Started working out in the morning for the past few weeks and am loving it! Let the burn begin again..... ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 31st, 2010, 5:15 am

cl15876 wrote:I started my 1st day of Chantix! (Now yesterday). Next Sunday will be day 1 without the occasional bad habit, but I am already starting to feel it! YAY!!!! I want to quit soo bad, but was a little afraid as a result of seeing my dad years ago gain about 100+ pounds and I didn't have a substitute, but now I do! Started working out in the morning for the past few weeks and am loving it! Let the burn begin again..... ;)
Every time you get the urge to smoke, go out and take a 15 minute walk-with no tobacco in hand/shirt/pant/pockets. And, if you still have the urge to light up after your 15 minute walk, go out for another 15 minute walk. And stick something else in your mouth instead like a straw or sugar-free hard candy.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2010, 6:42 am

GRRR! Our school board, in its infinite wisdom, declared today as a snow makeup day. Sadly, the snow day was more like a slush day, and we could have operated on a delayed start that morning.

I'm preparing to drive the carpool this morning. :auto-car:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2010, 6:49 am

My water heater is broken again.

The plumber installed a new burner on Friday. The water heater quit working on Saturday. I tried to relight the pilot yesterday, and it won't stay lit.

I told the stupid freaking warranty company six months ago that I needed a NEW water heater. They're going to wish they had listened to me the first time I told them it needed to be replaced. By the time they replace it, they will have spent as much money on repairs as they will end up spending on a new water heater.

Of course, it's a holiday weekend, so the repairs/replacement won't get made any time soon. :tools-hammerdrill:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 31st, 2010, 7:05 am

cl15876 wrote:I started my 1st day of Chantix! (Now yesterday). Next Sunday will be day 1 without the occasional bad habit, but I am already starting to feel it! YAY!!!! I want to quit soo bad, but was a little afraid as a result of seeing my dad years ago gain about 100+ pounds and I didn't have a substitute, but now I do! Started working out in the morning for the past few weeks and am loving it! Let the burn begin again..... ;)
My father in law has fought that battle for the last decade or so, and so far, he has lost. If you have trouble after the Chantix, you can always try an ecig. They sell them at Potomac Mills. You can smoke them anywhere, even in restaurants, because the "smoke" is just water vapor, and the cartridges are quite a bit cheaper than cigarettes. Good luck, man, take it one hour at a time.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 31st, 2010, 8:35 am

cl15876 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Am backing up the files on my laptop before I run the restore disk (isn't it ironic that the "restore" disk basically unrestores almost everything?). My USB ports, all three of them, have quit, and I've tried every suggested fix except the restore disk. :(

Which means I'm using Mr. Lawgrad's laptop, and I don't want to log him out of Facebook or Yahoo or anything else (I'm sure he's forgotten his passwords). Since I'm limited it what I can use on his computer it's time for me to PW awhile!
I've been playing around with Symantec Ghost at work lately creating and restoring images, it is AWESOME! Works like a champ if you have the foresight to make the image of where you wanted to be before you screwed up! Good luck and vibes :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

BTW, I had same experience previously, user left logged in to all above and gmail on my computer while I tried to back up another computer and realized it by accident later on when I opened up some windows that I normally use and saw stuff that wasn't mine, ooops, I promptly closed everything! I hope nothing got screwed up! :-s :-s :-s :-s
Ghost is powerful, almost too powerful for maintaining one or two systems. I prefer Acronis True Image.
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 31st, 2010, 8:37 am

Good luck with breaking the habit! You can do it! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » May 31st, 2010, 8:38 am

Congratulations Bones. Good luck man!
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 31st, 2010, 8:46 am

Good morning people. Yeah, I know, another thread, but I wanted to say "hi" to Ozzie, who doesn't go over there. ;)

Happy Memorial Day. **==

I'm off on a quest to be able to use iTunes again on my laptop, which has 3 non-functioning USB ports :face desk: . Supposedly a PCMCIA to USB cord will work. If not, I will either try to find a repair person in Martinsville (the economy is so bad there, any little bit of infusion makes a bump on the radar) or throw it off a bridge and buy a new cheap laptop. Right now I'm about 50-50 on those two options.

Then it's off to try to find Mrlawgrad a pair of khaki shorts and me some new exercise shorts to replace the ratty ones I have which are older than the hills. But first a "gentle stretch" on the EA Sports Active.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » May 31st, 2010, 9:13 am

Kelly and I are off to build a fence to unchain a dog. It's pretty muggy outside today but I'm excited to help out a great charity.
Then we're off to Earth Fare to pick up something to grill tonight.
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 31st, 2010, 9:21 am

Miles wrote:Kelly and I are off to build a fence to unchain a dog. It's pretty muggy outside today but I'm excited to help out a great charity.
Then we're off to Earth Fare to pick up something to grill tonight.
Good luck! It's a great charity, and you are terrific for being involved. :O3

Eat something yummy tonight! :dinner:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 31st, 2010, 9:23 am

You will make it!!! Sending mega vibes. Hang in there. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » May 31st, 2010, 9:24 am

Back home from Aruba. Will need to catch up on the 13 pages of LTE I missed while doing tons of laundry today. Photos up on Facebook soon.
-- DukeUsul
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 31st, 2010, 9:28 am

DukeUsul wrote:Back home from Aruba. Will need to catch up on the 13 pages of LTE I missed while doing tons of laundry today. Photos up on Facebook soon.
Glad you're home safely! Look forward to your pix.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 31st, 2010, 11:54 am

Have a good Memorial Day, and thank you for your service to our country to any of you who have served in the armed forces. I'll be calling my dad and my brother later today to do just that, then I'll send an email to all my friends who served or are currently serving our country.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 31st, 2010, 4:10 pm

Alright, so I've pretty much been ignoring this thread for a week or so now (had other stuff to do) and have probably missed a whole bunch of goings on. Anyone want to give me a summary of what I've missed ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------