LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » January 28th, 2017, 9:30 am

Apparently, AD, being ethical is the equivalent of being evil to some folks.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 28th, 2017, 10:23 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Apparently, AD, being ethical is the equivalent of being evil to some folks.
What my sister Dink said. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 28th, 2017, 11:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:As the Bunsen Burns
First thing yesterday, The Boss showed up in my office to share the news that RR has resigned, effective Feb. 10. He wanted an inventory of equipment in her lab, as well as status on all her equipment. The other bit of news I got is that I have to move out of my office and into hers; my office is going to one of the army of administrators that we seem to employ. So, yeah, she's out - exactly 6 months after saying she was coming back here full-time. Color me surprised.

I'm going to be taking over RR's instruments and will get bench space in her lab "to do departmental projects." First thing on Feb 11 (I'm guessing he means Feb. 13), I'm supposed to be in the lab, getting the instrument operational. Later in the day, while talking to the regional service manager, I learned that WEC's wife told them she's going to be running the instrument. So, unless I miss my guess, I've just been sold down the river to work as WEC's technician, and departmental projects = WEC projects. Because of the sources of my salary, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it except GTFO. Good thing I have a promising job interview on Feb 8.

Had supper last night with my local group of work friends, none of whom know about my interview. Doogie, who had finagled a deal with RR before she left to use her instrument, was in the group. RR had told them that Boris (who no longer works for her!!!) would train his technician on how to use the instrument. Idiot Doogie let RR make his technician the contact person for his lab, so she has a key. (Note: that lab space will be mine for as long as I am here, and I will get that key back. Doogie will help himself to whatever is in that lab. He has entitlement issues, bless him.) So...yesterday, Boris went upstairs to tell said technician that she would have to go through me to use the instrument. She went to Doogie in a panic about this. Apparently RR has convinced the technician that I am evil and not to be trusted. Since I ratted her out for using MacGyver's instrument without his permission, she was easily swayed. Full story is that she was in his lab, using his instrument for hours at a time, and his grad student was taking time away from his work to help her. Oh, and she went through hundreds of dollars of supplies, too. So, yeah, maybe I am evil and not to be trusted.
Good grief! I hope you're able to get out ASAP.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 28th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Not long until Feb 8th. Good luck, gal! Can't wait to get the setting and new cast of characters.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 29th, 2017, 7:14 pm

It is so easy to get people riled up over yonder. That's a clear sign they over estimate their self importance.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 30th, 2017, 7:04 am

YmoBeThere wrote:It is so easy to get people riled up over yonder. That's a clear sign they over estimate their self importance.
I sometimes think it'd be easier to discuss politics OY than to discuss, say, Jayson Tatum. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 30th, 2017, 11:14 am

YmoBeThere wrote:It is so easy to get people riled up over yonder. That's a clear sign they over estimate their self importance.
=)) =)) =)) =)) truth :D
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 30th, 2017, 11:14 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
I sometimes think it'd be easier to discuss politics OY than to discuss, say, Jayson Tatum. :9f:
Right????
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 2nd, 2017, 9:38 am

Best quote I've heard in a month:
"Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 2nd, 2017, 10:13 am

bjornolf wrote:Best quote I've heard in a month:
"Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"
Excellent!
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 2nd, 2017, 10:49 am

bjornolf wrote:Best quote I've heard in a month:
Kind of like, "Bless your heart." :D
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 3rd, 2017, 9:29 pm

So, so easy to get them to take the bait. Movie thread on off topic board.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 4th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Has the panic started OY?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 4th, 2017, 5:23 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Has the panic started OY?
Yes, because they all have the runs from drinking the water! =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 5th, 2017, 6:55 pm

Went shopping today for an interview outfit. I was really wishing I had our own fashion expert, CathyCA, with me.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 5th, 2017, 11:23 pm

So what dis you buy?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 6th, 2017, 10:44 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Went shopping today for an interview outfit. I was really wishing I had our own fashion expert, CathyCA, with me.
You should have texted me pics of your outfits. I LOVE to shop!

Yesterday, I took my mom shopping. She had picked out a skirt that she liked and from the dressing room, she asked me to go back out to the rack to pick out a top to go with the skirt she was trying. I found a cardigan that matched it beautifully and I took it back to Mom in the dressing room. She said, "Oh. I already have that sweater at home." So, I went back out and found a shell to go with it. SCORE!

Do you have the Stylebook app on your phone? I love mine! I've taken pictures of most of my wardrobe pieces. I can catalog when and where I've worn a top, a skirt, a pair of paints, a pair of shoes, accessories, etc. The app has a function that will put together outfits for me. Sometimes they're good. Sometimes, not so good. It's like playing paper dolls with my own wardrobe.

Did you decide on anything?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 6th, 2017, 12:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Went shopping today for an interview outfit. I was really wishing I had our own fashion expert, CathyCA, with me.

Yesterday, I took my mom shopping. She had picked out a skirt that she liked and from the dressing room, she asked me to go back out to the rack to pick out a top to go with the skirt she was trying. I found a cardigan that matched it beautifully and I took it back to Mom in the dressing room. She said, "Oh. I already have that sweater at home." So, I went back out and found a shell to go with it. SCORE!

Do you have the Stylebook app on your phone? I love mine! I've taken pictures of most of my wardrobe pieces. I can catalog when and where I've worn a top, a skirt, a pair of paints, a pair of shoes, accessories, etc. The app has a function that will put together outfits for me. Sometimes they're good. Sometimes, not so good. It's like playing paper dolls with my own wardrobe.

I complete missed the shopping/wardrobe/giving a shit gene. I hate shopping with the heat of a thousand suns. If I could live in jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts for the rest of my days I would be a happy camper.
My mother and daughter both love to shop, actually wear makeup and use something called ax-ses-or-eees. not sure what that is :)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 6th, 2017, 12:28 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I complete missed the shopping/wardrobe/giving a shit gene. I hate shopping with the heat of a thousand suns. If I could live in jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts for the rest of my days I would be a happy camper.
My mother and daughter both love to shop, actually wear makeup and use something called ax-ses-or-eees. not sure what that is :)
Windsor, you and I are related. I would rather have a simultaneous mammogram and colonoscopy while awake than shop for work clothes.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 6th, 2017, 4:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Apparently, AD, being ethical is the equivalent of being evil to some folks.
What my sister Dink said. :9f:
Yeah, well, pretty much. Guess I'm also evil because I talked to The Boss about some of the things that had happened when I was working with her.

Every time I think I've seen the worst thing RR has ever done, she manages to top herself. This one comes from the website for her new lab in Sweden. One of the services advertised in her lab is for database searching using a special, custom database that was designed (and is, in fact, copyrighted by) a former colleague. He used to work at RR's current home. She brought him over here to work with her as a sabbatical replacement, for one year, so that she could use the custom DB. She even signed a paper saying she'd only use it for a set period of time and would then destroy it. Next thing he knew, he was off the project completely, and she was attempting to sell his database to a pharmaceutical company as a part of "her" custom data analysis pipeline. Once he called her out for stealing his intellectual property, she managed to get him fired from his job in Sweden. So, when he went back home, he had to find a new job. She even tried to blackball him there, but he found a new (and better) job. So, yeah, good riddance to bad rubbish.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein