You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by lawgrad91 » August 25th, 2016, 4:28 pm

DukePA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Pro tip: when you are in court to support a defendant, it isn't good practice, unless you like being in the cell with said defendant, to call the Commonwealth's witness a "snitching a**hole." In open court. Loud enough for the prosecutor to hear it clearly and the bailiff to point out the transgressor. :9f:
Ooooooh!!! Someone is lucky he, or she, did not to get bitch slapped!!!
He got invited to stay in the Varnish County Hilton for 10 days. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 6th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Just completed a follow up ER visit for one of my patients who has had a diagnosis of SVT (Supraventricular Tachycardia) for about 10 years. When EMS arrived on Saturday, he told them he knew he had STD.

=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2016, 2:53 pm

devildeac wrote:Just completed a follow up ER visit for one of my patients who has had a diagnosis of SVT (Supraventricular Tachycardia) for about 10 years. When EMS arrived on Saturday, he told them he knew he had STD.

=)) =))
Hahaha. :-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2016, 5:08 pm

http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/tow ... 48ecf.html

I don't know that I have ever seen a groom packing heat before, unless he got married in uniform.

I don't know these people (except I have prosecuted both parents of the flower girl who is the groom's niece), but even for the Varnish Zone this seemed a bit unusual. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 6th, 2016, 6:43 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/tow ... 48ecf.html

I don't know that I have ever seen a groom packing heat before, unless he got married in uniform.

I don't know these people (except I have prosecuted both parents of the flower girl who is the groom's niece), but even for the Varnish Zone this seemed a bit unusual. :9f:
Since the announcement described her dress, her matron-of-honor's dress, and the bridesmaids dresses, the least they could do is describe the grooms firearm of the day.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 6th, 2016, 9:21 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

Since the announcement described her dress, her matron-of-honor's dress, and the bridesmaids dresses, the least they could do is describe the grooms firearm of the day.
I couldn't zoom in on it, but it looks like it could be a Sig Sauer P226 DAK. Does that help?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2016, 9:26 pm

bjornolf wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

I couldn't zoom in on it, but it looks like it could be a Sig Sauer P226 DAK. Does that help?
Lol, that makes all the difference.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 6th, 2016, 10:43 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: quote="lawgrad91"]http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/tow ... 48ecf.html

I don't know these people (except I have prosecuted both parents of the flower girl who is the groom's niece), but even for the Varnish Zone this seemed a bit unusual. :9f:[/quote

Lol, that makes all the difference.
I think a CZ P-09 would have made a better fashion statement. ;)
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 7th, 2016, 7:02 am

Well, I was trying to identify it, not make a fashion statement. For a fashion statement, I'd go with the gold deagle myself. :D
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 7th, 2016, 8:21 am

bjornolf wrote:Well, I was trying to identify it, not make a fashion statement. For a fashion statement, I'd go with the gold deagle myself. :D
And I appreciate your identification.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 7th, 2016, 8:23 am

bjornolf wrote:Well, I was trying to identify it, not make a fashion statement. For a fashion statement, I'd go with the gold deagle myself. :D
And I appreciate your identification. And a gold deagle would have been more elegant for the wedding look.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2016, 11:44 am

bjornolf wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Now that you mention it, it does look like a Sig. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 7th, 2016, 11:51 am

She wore an A-line gown with pickups, a fitted bodice and sequence.
Just what every redneck bride wants: pickups on her gown. :auto-gmcredsmiley:

Also, they are called sequins. Unless they formed a sequential pattern of sequins and the bride decided to call the pattern a sequence.

I think I know the bride's cousins.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2016, 12:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Also, they are called sequins. Unless they formed a sequential pattern of sequins and the bride decided to call the pattern a sequence.

This is the same newspaper that, in an article about an outstanding student, stated that, "Amanda wants to be a nurse ANTITHESIS." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 7th, 2016, 1:23 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: This is the same newspaper that, in an article about an outstanding student, stated that, "Amanda wants to be a nurse ANTITHESIS." :9f:
Thank goodness Amanda doesn't want to be a newspaper editor. She might be overqualified.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Doesn't the sidearm indicate he's overcompensating? But it matches well with his pickup truck!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 8th, 2016, 7:35 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

This is the same newspaper that, in an article about an outstanding student, stated that, "Amanda wants to be a nurse ANTITHESIS." :9f:
I can't even figure out what they're going for here... Anesthetist? Assistant? Antichrist?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 8th, 2016, 10:28 am

bjornolf wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: This is the same newspaper that, in an article about an outstanding student, stated that, "Amanda wants to be a nurse ANTITHESIS." :9f:
I can't even figure out what they're going for here... Anesthetist? Assistant? Antichrist?
Antichrist? =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

I think it was supposed to be anesthetist. At least that was my hope. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 8th, 2016, 7:49 pm

I took my mom to RDU this afternoon. She had a 5:20 pm flight to New York. My brother and his family are also flying to New York this evening and are planning to meet up with Mom at JFK.

A few minutes ago, I got the following text from Mom:
"You will not believe this. I awakened at 5:00 this morning and could not go back to sleep. I arrived at my gate 50 minutes before my flight was to leave. I suppose my body thought it was bed time because I fell asleep. When I awakened, it was 5:20 p.m. I saw that the plane was still parked at the gate. I ran to the gate, and the door was closed. The gate agent would not let me go to the plane. I stood at the window and watched the plane leave. When the next agent came up, she said the next flight to JFK would not leave until 7:30 in the morning. The agent who wouldn't let me go down came back to the gate. I think she felt bad because they did not call my name. She suggested that I fly to Charlotte and change planes and then fly to JFK. I called your brother. He said to take that flight and by the time I arrived they would have gotten their car in *Egypt and then they would swing around and pick me up. Fortunately I did not check luggage. This is my first time I have missed my flight except when I flew with your brother to Texas. They have standbys. I suppose I got the flight because I missed my other one. Love, Mom."

Yes, my mom sends me texts THAT long and THAT grammatically correct.

*The rental car lot is not really in Egypt. It's just located very far away from the terminal at JFK.

My mom has flown all over the world by herself and she has never had any issues making a flight. I'm glad they were able to send her on to that connecting flight. I would not have been very thrilled if I'd had to drive back to RDU tonight to pick her up.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 8th, 2016, 8:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:I took my mom to RDU this afternoon. She had a 5:20 pm flight to New York. My brother and his family are also flying to New York this evening and are planning to meet up with Mom at JFK.

A few minutes ago, I got the following text from Mom:
"You will not believe this. I awakened at 5:00 this morning and could not go back to sleep. I arrived at my gate 50 minutes before my flight was to leave. I suppose my body thought it was bed time because I fell asleep. When I awakened, it was 5:20 p.m. I saw that the plane was still parked at the gate. I ran to the gate, and the door was closed. The gate agent would not let me go to the plane. I stood at the window and watched the plane leave. When the next agent came up, she said the next flight to JFK would not leave until 7:30 in the morning. The agent who wouldn't let me go down came back to the gate. I think she felt bad because they did not call my name. She suggested that I fly to Charlotte and change planes and then fly to JFK. I called your brother. He said to take that flight and by the time I arrived they would have gotten their car in *Egypt and then they would swing around and pick me up. Fortunately I did not check luggage. This is my first time I have missed my flight except when I flew with your brother to Texas. They have standbys. I suppose I got the flight because I missed my other one. Love, Mom."

Yes, my mom sends me texts THAT long and THAT grammatically correct.

*The rental car lot is not really in Egypt. It's just located very far away from the terminal at JFK.

My mom has flown all over the world by herself and she has never had any issues making a flight. I'm glad they were able to send her on to that connecting flight. I would not have been very thrilled if I'd had to drive back to RDU tonight to pick her up.

Wow. That is a serious text. Glad she was able to get a later flight. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.