Site and Forum Suggestion List

Post by CoachK » April 8th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Post bugs, ideas, wants and needs here.
You are a great team.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Site and Forum Suggestion List

Post by colchar » April 8th, 2009, 8:04 pm

CoachK wrote:Post . . . wants and needs here.

I suppose '25 year old blonde' is beyond your capabilities?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 8th, 2009, 9:47 pm

colchar wrote:
CoachK wrote:Post . . . wants and needs here.

I suppose '25 year old blonde' is beyond your capabilities?
LOL - Ya think'n Kelly Pickler? maybe you'll get lucky in branson this year when she is admiring CB&B's paintings!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 8th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Is there any way to change the colour of the board? Not only is it a little hard on the eyes for someone like me who is about 80% colour blind but, perhaps more importantly, the current colour reminds me of a certain disgusting shade of blue.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 8th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Just testing to see if I can post on all the threads this evening. :lol:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2009, 12:39 am

devildeac wrote:Just testing to see if I can post on all the threads this evening. :lol:

I'm assuming you accomplished your goal. I think you might be in the running for the PW of the Day award.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 9th, 2009, 8:57 am

I am so loving this new site. It is much easier to navigate. Great job CameronBornandBred!!! :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 9th, 2009, 9:48 am

Couple question:

1. Why is the icon next to the LTE scrolling? I don't think it's because there are multiple pages as another thread is multiple pages long and it isn't scrolling.

2. Why is CameronBornandBred's title in green? Just curious.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 9th, 2009, 9:52 am

Are the posts numbered like they were on "that other" board? :?: I see a total number of posts in the thread, but not the individual posts numbered.

Also, is there a "new" button on the topic page for a thread, or just at the top of the thread when you've gone to it? :?:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 9th, 2009, 9:54 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Also, is there a "new" button on the topic page for a thread, or just at the top of the thread when you've gone to it? :?:
OK, I found that - it is the new post little red icon on the left of the thread title.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Just out of curiosity - has this post been stuck to the top of the page?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2009, 8:28 pm

colchar wrote:Just out of curiosity - has this post been stuck to the top of the page?
Yup. It's a sticky!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2009, 8:36 pm

I noticed today while sending some private messages, that not all went through. That was because you have to click "submit" on a couple pages, not just one like the regular postings. To make sure your messages have sent, check your outbox or sent items. They should be in at least one of those folders, if not, then you will have to do it over.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 9th, 2009, 9:41 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I noticed today while sending some private messages, that not all went through. That was because you have to click "submit" on a couple pages, not just one like the regular postings. To make sure your messages have sent, check your outbox or sent items. They should be in at least one of those folders, if not, then you will have to do it over.
Chris - I was wondering if this was a sendmail issue. I almost sent you a message regarding this last night because my PM test was sitting in outbox, but it eventually was sent so I didn't send. You might want to check sendmail error logs for configuration issues or time to delivery issues. is this a unix box we are running on?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2009, 9:44 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I noticed today while sending some private messages, that not all went through. That was because you have to click "submit" on a couple pages, not just one like the regular postings. To make sure your messages have sent, check your outbox or sent items. They should be in at least one of those folders, if not, then you will have to do it over.
Chris - I was wondering if this was a sendmail issue. I almost sent you a message regarding this last night because my PM test was sitting in outbox, but it eventually was sent so I didn't send. You might want to check sendmail error logs for configuration issues or time to delivery issues. is this a unix box we are running on?
I'm assuming it's at least Linux because of the php. I think the message sits in the outbox until it recieved, by either the user you sent to or at least their email client. (You get an email notice of sent messages)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 9th, 2009, 9:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
I'm assuming it's at least Linux because of the php. I think the message sits in the outbox until it recieved, by either the user you sent to or at least their email client. (You get an email notice of sent messages)
So the server this is running on is not in your garage or basement, I gather, but from a hosted service provider? I did some research on chat options today and found a pretty sexy AJAX chat program and it integrates with phpBB very nicely, but still looking at options.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2009, 10:21 pm

cl15876 wrote: So the server this is running on is not in your garage or basement, I gather, but from a hosted service provider? I did some research on chat options today and found a pretty sexy AJAX chat program and it integrates with phpBB very nicely, but still looking at options.
Very cool, thanks for looking. I've done the server hosting before, in fact my last one is next to me and serves as a wonderful shelf for my beer bottles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 9th, 2009, 10:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote: .... last one is next to me and serves as a wonderful shelf for my beer bottles.
Isn't that what they are good for, especially when laying on side (more space)? :lol:
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 9th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Question, & I may have missed it somewhere, but what is the time available to edit a post? Tilly replied to one of mine, and it was at 8 min when I saw it... & could no longer edit. Is it a time thing? Because there was a reply?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Sue71 wrote:Question, & I may have missed it somewhere, but what is the time available to edit a post? Tilly replied to one of mine, and it was at 8 min when I saw it... & could no longer edit. Is it a time thing? Because there was a reply?
I think I set it for 5 minutes. It can be anytime we choose, but I think 5 minutes is pretty reasonable. The mods can edit any post at any time, so if you know you do need to change something, let one of them know.